The "Take Toonami Back" Movement has begun!

• 169 results
N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By N7

Before reading, please click play on the video below to create the proper atmosphere. Thank you.

So, you like Toonami, huh? Well I've got news for you: So do I. When I was a kid, I lived in Indiana. I would come home from my shitty school to deal with my shitty friends and life was complete shit. I had one really rich friend who's parents didn't like me playing with because they thought I'd go nuts and steal his shit. He had a lot of really intricate Digimon toys. Then I had a friend who had a shitload of Gundam Wing trading cards. I had no idea those even existed. And then I had a friend who was poorer than me.

Life was BULLSHIT. So how did I spend it? Not killing cats, if my psychiatrist asks. NO! I was at home, in my awesome as shit bedroom chilling out with TOM. That's right, I was spending my time, not playing with "video games" or looking at boobs in my dads old Playboys, fuck that. I was watching people power up for 30 episodes and people enter spirit tournaments and stab each other with their imaginary sword abilities. I was watching kids not that much older than me enter into bipedal war machines capable of bringing more harm down on an individual then all World Wars combined. I was living.

So what happens next is, I spend all my time buying shit I see on TV, be it badass little Gundam toys, Mobile Suit Gundam: Journey To Jaburo and all the other spices of life. As I grew older, so did Toonami. Me and Tom both had some hardships, with him being killed a bunch and whatnot. It was a metaphor; in order to win, we must lose. In order to grow, you must shed your wings and fly. And fly he did! Fly we both did.

Toonami grew up fast and Toonami grew up hard. With shows like Dragonball Z Uncut going about, it was becoming something else, while staying the same. It was something I loved, it was something many loved. It was growing up with us. It wasn't some guy behind the scenes, making sure it stayed the same for that same agegroup! No! It was someone who was capable of sentient thought! Intelligence! The Toonami kids were growing up, and we had to find things for them quick! Well, as this happened, it was appealing to one group too much. No longer could any random child feast his eyes on the virtual goodies brought before all of us. Their parents say "Too violent", the teachers say "Too imaginative!", the government says "Too chaotic". And it was with those words, those failing ratings that Toonami began to fall out of grace. Not with us, the core fanbase, the fanbase that was there from the get-go... no, it was something worse! It couldn't appeal to CHILDREN! So it changed, Tom changed, the content changed, and here we were, wondering where Toonami went.

"Tom! Tom where did you go!", but he was gone. He was absent from our cries. Cartoon Network boarded his ship and laid siege to him, a prisoner of the past. As he lay locked away in carbonite for years, we sauntered forward with our mundane life. We took it for what it was worth and never got an answer to why Tom had to go.

Our friend was gone. Our show was gone. Our childhood was gone.

Until last night. At approximately 12:00 AM Eastern Pacific time, Adult Swim did the unthinkable; it resurrected TOM! It was him, but it wasn't him from the past, no! It was him from the present! Tom, reviewing Mass Effect 3, swearing! He was back! Not only was he back in some pussy ass family friendly format, he was just like us! The virtual man we had spent our childhood growing up alongside, he was back!

But it was with heavy heart to learn the truth... Tom was not back, not yet. He was merely an April Fools joke to remind us of the time long ago... It was in a nonchalant act of defiance that Adult Swim was able to bring our friend back from beyond the grave. The buzz was enough to implode the earth around us, as our very own forums were able to have a thread that quickly generated three thousand views in mere hours.

Of course, all was not doom and gloom! As Tom voice actor Steven J. Blum had been pointing out to us all day on the internet; it's not up to him, but Cartoon Network would LOVE to know about any feedback you have to offer on the matter. We can move mountains. Build bridges. Unite Galaxies. But today may be the hardest movement in our life... the movement to BRING BACK TOONAMI!

THAT'S RIGHT GIANT BOMB. WE'VE SHOWN THEM WE CARE, NOW IT'S TIME TO SHOW THEM WE'RE READY TO FIGHT FOR IT! And by fighting I mean casually visiting a link at the bottom of this thread and issuing your opinion on Toonami. I've already sent mine, where's yours!?

No Caption Provided
That's right, brothers and sisters. It is this easy. We must simply visit THIS LINK, select "programming", "Toonami" and then write up our opinions on Toonami. Last night was the buffer we needed to remind the world that Toonami IS STILL RELEVANT! Toonami is still popular! And Toonami is still loved!! Need more proof?

No Caption Provided
In about ONE HOUR, Steven J. Blum, the voice actor behind characters like, Spike Spiegel, Roger Smith, and Garcia Hotspur and of course, our very own TOM, was able to generate 532 likes, 137 comments, and 145 shares! His word is spreading like a venereal disease through a a hooker. AND THAT'S JUST ONE SITE. Imagine what will happen when our forces combine! Captain Planet? I don't think so, but Toonami for certain!

Stand together, brothers and sisters and remember to visit http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/feedback/, select "programming", "Toonami" and write your feedback about what Toonami means for not just you, but for us. And if you so care to join our cause, remember to sport the colors of the Toonami Movement, in the form of an avatar which I have attached below.

No Caption Provided
YOUR VOICE CAN BE HEARD. I URGE YOU, IF YOU CARE ABOUT TOONAMI, PLEASE, SEND YOUR FEEDBACK TO CARTOON NETWORK. YOU HEARD IT FROM THE VOICE ACTOR HIMSELF, THIS IS A GOOD PLACE TO START! TODAY, TOONAMI, TOMORROW, THE WORLD!TAKE. TOONAMI. BACK.
PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Gross

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

The fuck?

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Toonami was stupid

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Animasta

holy shit seriously? toonami was cool when I was 10 but jesus christ

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By scarace360

So if you take it back what are you gonna show?

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Coafi

HA! I get it you guys going with the whole April Fool's theme! Tomorrow you are going to admit you love Toonami, right!?

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kermoosh

nice song, glad to see them playing those shows again, even if its only for today

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By N7
@scarace360: Freedom. Freedom from what we've been subjugated to in the past. No longer will our enjoyment not amount to the sum of its parts! NO! Toonami will stand tall on the mountain of greatness and WE WILL GET IT THERE.
Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I re-watched some of my favourite cartoons from when I was a kid. It was a fucking nightmare. Nostalgia is one deceptive whore.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Enigma777

Man, you had a sad life...

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By N7
@Enigma777: Coming from someone who openly admits to drinking and driving, suddenly my life isn't so sad.
Avatar image for blastprocessing
BlastProcessing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By BlastProcessing

BRING BACK HOME MOVIEZ~!!!

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Enigma777

@N7 said:

@Enigma777: Coming from someone who openly admits to drinking and driving, suddenly my life isn't so sad.

You can do better than that.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By scarace360

@N7 said:

@scarace360: Freedom. Freedom from what we've been subjugated to in the past. No longer will our enjoyment not amount to the sum of its parts! NO! Toonami will stand tall on the mountain of greatness and WE WILL GET IT THERE.

Ya but what are they gonna show? Is it just gonna be reruns of dragon ballz or what?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Animasta

@scarace360 said:

@N7 said:

Ya but what are they gonna show? Is it just gonna be reruns of dragon ballz or what?

a 2 hour block of dragon ball Z just to fuck with people, hopefully

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

WAT

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By scarace360

@Animasta said:

@scarace360 said:

@N7 said:

a 2 hour block of dragon ball Z just to fuck with people, hopefully

So is it gonna be original dragon ballZ or will it be Dragon ballZ kai?

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By N7
@Enigma777 said:

@N7 said:

The last time I tried, I got banned. I'll settle for less. I'm not Payless. :(

@scarace360: Well obviously that's not up for me to decide. Television has grown up in the past several years. They could probably get away with showing half old shows, and maybe half something newer. There has been so many great shows in the past few years, even back when Toonami was struggling to find who it's appeal was, not sure who it was for, well now it's time to show them who it's for! IT'S FOR US! WE FEW, WE SO PROUD FEW, WE BAND OF DUDERS. WE WILL TAKE BACK TOONAMI TO THE TOP. AND IT WILL STAY THERE!
Alpha1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Alpha1

What is toonami????

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By I_smell

I'm taking back going to school and riding my scooter to my best friend's house and playing Power Rangers! WHO'S WITH ME!!???

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By scarace360

@N7 said:

@Enigma777 said:

@N7 said:

@scarace360: Well obviously that's not up for me to decide. Television has grown up in the past several years. They could probably get away with showing half old shows, and maybe half something newer. There has been so many great shows in the past few years, even back when Toonami was struggling to find who it's appeal was, not sure who it was for, well now it's time to show them who it's for! IT'S FOR US! WE FEW, WE SO PROUD FEW, WE BAND OF DUDERS. WE WILL TAKE BACK TOONAMI TO THE TOP. AND IT WILL STAY THERE!

Ya but what kind of new shows are they gonna show?

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jay444111

@N7: Why you trying to upstage me N7!? We are on the same side my man!

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Enigma777

@scarace360 said:

@N7 said:

@Enigma777 said:

@N7 said:

Korean drama.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Animasta

@Enigma777 said:

@scarace360 said:

@N7 said:

@Enigma777 said:

@N7 said:

Korean drama.

haha instead of anime they just show japanese cop dramas

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By N7
@scarace360: I don't know specifically. I am not a mindreader. But Toonami is a rather action oriented block of programming, so that increases their chances of shows. Instead of mundane dumb comedies, now it can get back to its root in bringing us almost unheard of but totally awesome action shows.

The sky is the limit, which Toonami will have plenty of chance to see, one we take it to the TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN!!

@Jay444111: It was unintentional, brother. The important part is we stick together!
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jay444111

@scarace360 said:

@N7 said:

@Enigma777 said:

@N7 said:

One show is all that is needed,

Gurren Lagann. Otherwise known as the most epic fucking show to ever have existed in the universe.

Also, they could do the funimation Dub of One Piece. Awesome show now that 4Kids doesn't hold onto it anymore.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Doctorchimp

Yeah....but man I'm 20...

I watch Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Louie, It's Always Sunny, Archer, Conan and Daily Show.

And even then I don't catch up with those shows when they air at all. Daily Show and Conan I haven't seen in weeks. Is Louie even on right now? And Archer I'm waiting to get all caught up on eventually on Netflix.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29  Edited By Cincaid

@Alpha1 said:

What is toonami????
BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Let the haters hate. LET'S DO THE DAMN THING

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By N7
@Doctorchimp: DON'T YOU SEE? That's the beauty of it all:  Louie is filming it's next season I believe and so is Breaking Bad. And when they show up, they will create rifts in the television worlds, but they can coexist just as the pilgrims and natives have done years before it!

TV is made for you and ME.
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By Brendan

@Enigma777 said:

@N7 said:

lol nah, you can't turn that around into "You guys are lame for still bringing that up." You're a scumbag.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Even I hated Dragon Ball Z as a kid when I realized it takes forever for anything to happen.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DukesT3

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

The fuck?

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Spoonman671

Nope, don't care.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By devilzrule27

@Cincaid said:

@Alpha1 said:

What is toonami????

This, and why the fuck are there multiple threads about it?

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Enigma777

@Brendan: Cry me a river, cupcake.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By I_smell

I thought the kind of people who watch a lot of anime just watch it all online.

I think it'd be a good idea if a channel like this came back as a video site like GiantBomb, but with the licenses to show anime episodes. It could stream out all day on the main page like a channel, but also have a growing archive of whatever episodes they show. That way, you could have the community aspect of forums and news and user reviews in the same place as the actual stuff you're watching.

And with the interactivity of a website, you could have user prefference settings that choose if you wanna watch cartoons with subtitles or dubs, and what kind of stuff you like to see or whatever.

Yeah there's way more interesting things they could do than to just make a TV channel. TV channels suck, it's 2012.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#39  Edited By tearhead

I just don't understand what anyone would get out of Toonami coming back. You're not a kid anymore, and while it's awesome to remember something that brought you joy, everyone has moved on. That's all last night was, a group coming together and saying "Hey, I remember that thing! That was awesome!" And it was awesome, but now it's time to get back to the present.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By strainedeyes

Oh American kids and your love for anime, I don't get you.

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kedi2

@devilzrule27 said:

@Cincaid said:

@Alpha1 said:

What is toonami????

It's a block of programming that used to exist on Cartoon Network that showed anime.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By jakob187

Toonami was dumb...

...just like anime.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#43  Edited By Yummylee

Everything that was on Toonami can be watched on the internet nowadays.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By Dany

Way to make an Aprils Fools joke into a something dumber.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Turambar
@Kedi2 said:

@devilzrule27 said:

@Cincaid said:

@Alpha1 said:

What is toonami????

It's a block of programming that used to exist on Cartoon Network that showed anime.

People are nostalgic for it because it was a formative part of their adolescent entertainment.
Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

This is the first time I have ever seriously sent feedback to anything.

I can't even begin to describe how much I want this.

Toonami just got it. It didn't pretend to be cool, it was cool. It didn't try to muster up all this false enthusiasm over things it didn't understand, it didn't treat its audience like stupid kids.

It was just chilling out in space and watching some god damn cartoons with the chillest mother fucker in existence.

I stopped watching Cartoon Network years ago, but I fucking plugged in my cable box just for last night.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By scarace360

@Jay444111 said:

@scarace360 said:

@N7 said:

@Enigma777 said:

@N7 said:

One show is all that is needed,

Gurren Lagann. Otherwise known as the most epic fucking show to ever have existed in the universe.

Also, they could do the funimation Dub of One Piece. Awesome show now that 4Kids doesn't hold onto it anymore.

Ok so i think ive figured out what there line up will be itll be hunter x hunter, fist of the north star, one piece and Gintama.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@I_smell said:

I thought the kind of people who watch a lot of anime just watch it all online.

I think it'd be a good idea if a channel like this came back as a video site like GiantBomb, but with the licenses to show anime episodes. It could stream out all day on the main page like a channel, but also have a growing archive of whatever episodes they show. That way, you could have the community aspect of forums and news and user reviews in the same place as the actual stuff you're watching.

And with the interactivity of a website, you could have user prefference settings that choose if you wanna watch cartoons with subtitles or dubs, and what kind of stuff you like to see or whatever.

Yeah there's way more interesting things they could do than to just make a TV channel. TV channels suck, it's 2012.

They tried this, it was called Toonami Jetstream and it bombed real hard.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By crusader8463

I don't get why people are going crazy for this. We live in a time where you can watch any show you want at any time with just a few mouse clicks. Just download all those shows you like and make your own play list if they mean that much to you.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187 said:

Toonami was dumb...

...just like anime.

Oh shit, he went there.  Ive never heard of Toonami in my life...