#36301 Posted by ottoman673 (1201 posts) -
No Caption Provided

#36302 Posted by DarkeyeHails (528 posts) -

@ottoman673: Please tell me that isn't what I think it is.

#36303 Posted by Kingpk (1241 posts) -
#36304 Edited by PDXSonic (515 posts) -

@darkeyehails: I'd like to think there's an alternate universe in which the Wyatt family was booked successfully and their eventual split was a big storyline that played into a WM match.

#36305 Posted by DarkeyeHails (528 posts) -

@pdxsonic: @pdxsonic: There is always a lantern. There is always a man. There is always disappointing booking.

I have watched my fair share of shit things in WWE. I have been frustrated, I have been bored, I have been baffled. I have never been as depressed as I am seeing that picture.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#36306 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (3541 posts) -

So with the Shield back together, how long till Finn Balor reforms the Bullet Club to feud with them?

#36307 Posted by Dizzyhippos (4211 posts) -

So with the Shield back together, how long till Finn Balor reforms the Bullet Club to feud with them?

Your assuming this never ending feud with Bray doesn't seriously damage his credibly.

It was SUPER clear last night that they stopped giving a fuck after 10pm, and you know what had that show ended after the shield attacked Braun and he got added to the tag match, it would of been a totally solid episode... but it was only the half way point.

And in the latest episode of Kayfabe only matters when we say it does.... WHY WOULD ANY OF THOSE WOMENS WANT TO FIGHT ASUKA!? Like ok Foxy and Sasha in theory have only seen her on tape, but she kicked bayley so hard she didnt stop moving till she showed up on another show, she kicked Dana so hard dana thought she won then passed out, and she (in kayfabe) knocked Emma out with a kick in London... They make so much fucking content then punish the fans for paying attention to it...

#36308 Posted by Hadoken101 (2048 posts) -
Loading Video...

Roman out here talking shit about the Young Bucks and I don't like it.

#36309 Edited by soulcake (2024 posts) -

@hadoken101: 3 Sweet !

"where not serving Mcdonalds over here" Yeah Roman your the Jack in a Box Fastfood of wrestlers.

#36310 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (2318 posts) -

Power Struggle title matches were announced.

Suzuki vs Yano in a bullrope match for the NEVER title.

Ospreay vs Scuril for the Jr Heavyweight title.

The finals of the Super Jr Tag tournament, with the winner getting a title shot.

Tanahashi vs Ibushi for the IC title.

#36311 Posted by Roomrunner (1722 posts) -

"Original characters" - the guy who.... um... says bitch sometimes?

#36312 Posted by Hadoken101 (2048 posts) -
Loading Video...

And you assholes thought nothing could possibly top Bayley, This is Your Life as the worst segment of the year.

#36313 Edited by Yesiamaduck (2408 posts) -

@hadoken101 said:
Loading Video...

And you assholes thought nothing could possibly top Bayley, This is Your Life as the worst segment of the year.

I love the little bouts of audible hysterical laughter coming from the crowd. But it's not as bad as This is Your Life which was several hours long and not even funny in a bemusing kind of way.

#36314 Edited by xanadu (1756 posts) -

@dizzyhippos: the only point i disagree with is about asuka. In real life, fighters want to fight the best fighters on the biggest stage. McGregor knew winning against maywewther was almost impossible but he wanted to fight the most notorious boxer possible. In wrestling context, the only person who should not want yo fight asuka would be a heel championship holder with the belt on the line.

#36315 Edited by Toastburner_B (446 posts) -

Man, poor Bray. To think that in the same calender year he goes from winning the title at Elimination Chamber to this.

#36316 Posted by PDXSonic (515 posts) -

Also didn't see this shirt until now. Its great lol

No Caption Provided

#36317 Posted by KingBonesaw (1194 posts) -

Latest rumour is that Adrian Neville walked out after being told he was losing to Enzo.

#36318 Posted by Dizzyhippos (4211 posts) -

@kingbonesaw: I hear there is a spot opening up in NJPW Jr. Heavywieghts

#36319 Edited by Kingpk (1241 posts) -

No Jinder at all = pretty good SmackDown. Funny, that. Just have AJ truck him and do rematches in India to get those jollies taken care of.

I personally am looking forward to the reign of Team Canadian Brotherhood. Tonight reminded many that yeah, Sami Zayn can actually cut a fucking great promo.

#36320 Edited by Aronleon (1176 posts) -

I think my cynicism is not letting me take in the good parts that happen on WWE anymore, Hell in a cell was a great PPV with the only exception that well Nakamura lost but that small thing piss me off so much that I didnt even cared about the rest of it, The Shield getting back is nice but at this point I care so little about Roman that he is enough that I probably will skip anything with them, Bray is..............., So I think ill just cut my loses and stick to NXT, NJPW some SmackDown when I hear its good and some CMLL. I also hope the Neville rumor is not true but I cannot blame him if he walked out.

#36321 Posted by hansolol (858 posts) -

The Bludgeon Brothers is one of the most E-fed names for a tag team ever. It seriously sounds like something a child would come up with. "Ok, what's a tough sounding word that starts with B? Brutal? Bone-breaking? Bashing? Hang on, I think my mom has a thesaurus."

Also, the Usos reaction to Daniel Bryan telling them to get out of the ring was great. "Jesus! Damn, Daniel!"

#36322 Edited by Roomrunner (1722 posts) -

Oh my god, I just saw the Harper/Rowan repackage. They're in even worse shape than Bray.

I'm sorry, but Bray never had a chance in today's form of WWE. He started out as this Max Cady / Jim Jones figure, whose only purpose is to terrorize, recruit, and change the landscape of WWE. That was NEVER going to happen in a company that values branding over telling a story. So they slowly eroded away that persona, and now he's this corny ass ghost man (which is a hard gimmick to get over in the first place, but impossible when you have a three year record of failing).

And back to Rowan/Harper... Nevermind why they're back together again. This cosplay trash they have now... oh man. Those hammers look light as a feather. There are already like 3 other dark and sinister tag teams in WWE (one is already on SDL, and look at the state they're in!). Do they honestly think this will be the one that works? And the branding, always with the branding. Oh look, they made a cute nickname for themselves, that'll send a shiver down your spine! WWE can't help themselves. Even when The Shield came back this week, they hit the ramp in SHIELD t-shirts, and I just started laughing. All I could do was imagine Seth coming up to them before the segment - "Look guys, I've got us matching t-shirts! Let's show the world we're BFFs! All aboard the friend-ship!"

Anyways, Harper had a way out of this 9 months ago. He was breaking away from Wyatt. It was a clear opportunity to transition into an unbrainwashed tough-guy bruiser. He had the crowd on his side. I would have liked to have seen a more Brodie Lee type character from him in WWE, but no, back to this phony ass cosplay shit.

#36323 Posted by wjb (2060 posts) -

@drdarkstryfe: Looking forward to Ospreay/Scrull rematch in Japan. Poor Hiromu.

#36324 Edited by DrDarkStryfe (2318 posts) -

Sounds like Jimmy Jacobs has been let go from WWE. He got some major heat after he posted a picture on Instagram with him and some Bullet Club folks during that invasion thing they did a few weeks ago.

WWE getting worked up by the Young Bucks is some AAA entertainment.

#36325 Posted by ht101 (1969 posts) -

Vince is so petty and insecure it makes me laugh.

#36326 Posted by Kingpk (1241 posts) -
Loading Video...

#IconicDuo 😍

Almas and Gargano also had a great match. I'm interested where they go with Gargano's character because this isn't a typical WWE losing streak gimmick and they aren't treating it like one.

#36327 Edited by Dizzyhippos (4211 posts) -

NXT has to get out of full sail, I feel like any other place that show would of been loud as hell, both the women's match and the main event were really good and it felt like no one cared for most of both.

#36328 Posted by Kingpk (1241 posts) -

Also, god help me, the Street Profits are entertaining as hell. I think it's Montez Ford's swag and tendency to scream right in everyone's faces that has hooked me. Yeah there's a reason their matches are like a minute, but I'll put a picture of a Solo cup on my phone to support them.

#36329 Posted by blackblade500 (690 posts) -

I feel like this tweet goes a good job of showing what is happening by WWE continuing this Bullet Club witch hunt. They are just hurting themselves more every time they do something like this

#36330 Posted by Dizzyhippos (4211 posts) -

I feel like this tweet goes a good job of showing what is happening by WWE continuing this Bullet Club witch hunt. They are just hurting themselves more every time they do something like this

This has been a god awful week for WWE PR wise, between Neville, Roman being a shithead in an interview (AGAIN!) and the jimmy jacobs thing, there really burning there rope with the hardcore indy crowd.

#36331 Posted by blackblade500 (690 posts) -

@dizzyhippos: Exactly, and they are just making the Young Bucks, Bullet Club and everyone else they are going after more popular than they already were. By making a big deal about it, they are making worse for themselves

#36332 Edited by Dizzyhippos (4211 posts) -
Loading Video...

#36333 Posted by mezmero (3625 posts) -

Currently in the process of getting through King of Pro Wrestling and I can already see how insignificant the efforts to C&D silly hand signs are to anyone.

Omega and the Biz Cliz 1sweeting each other, Roppongi 3k 3sweeting.

#36334 Posted by WMoyer83 (971 posts) -

I get the feeling that the independents are on the rise and WWE is waning to the point where they should probably be concerned.

It used to be where the talent should be careful not to burn bridges with the establishment, but I don't feel that is the case anymore. It feels like it the other way around, with the talent now having the leverage. I'm going to go on a limb here but I'm willing to bet if Neville does somehow get out of his WWE contract he is going to be a bigger star somewhere else. This could incentivize other talent to think twice when renegotiating with Vince.

#36335 Edited by Dizzyhippos (4211 posts) -

@wmoyer83: Your not wrong in terms of quality, WWE is leaning super hard on nostalgia pops right now and are finally reaching the point where a lot of those guys and ladies can't (or shouldn't in the case of most of the women who would feel SUPER out of place in the modern womens division) come back anymore. But at the same time there is a bit of a snowball effect going on, WWE is the biggest and to a certain extent is the only wrestling a lot of people know, unless RoH or NJPW decides to spend a massive amount of capital on expanding there business no one is going to challenge them right now. At the same time there does seem to be somewhat of a "hey dont go there until you cant work indie style anymore" effect going on where (at least the men) are able to do quite well for themselves on the indies. Like I can't imagine any of the 205 live people are super happy about there place in the company right now.

#36336 Posted by InternetDotCom (3858 posts) -
#36337 Posted by ClockworkTony (430 posts) -

@internetdotcom: you know what's even better? Mahal wouldn't lose in an effort to "protect both guys"

#36338 Posted by Dizzyhippos (4211 posts) -

Focksy got a shirt

No Caption Provided

#36339 Posted by ClockworkTony (430 posts) -

Bless the N L B O Y Z

Loading Video...

#36340 Posted by Dizzyhippos (4211 posts) -
Loading Video...

Pappa villian.

#36341 Edited by Yesiamaduck (2408 posts) -

@wmoyer83 said:

I get the feeling that the independents are on the rise and WWE is waning to the point where they should probably be concerned.

It used to be where the talent should be careful not to burn bridges with the establishment, but I don't feel that is the case anymore. It feels like it the other way around, with the talent now having the leverage. I'm going to go on a limb here but I'm willing to bet if Neville does somehow get out of his WWE contract he is going to be a bigger star somewhere else. This could incentivize other talent to think twice when renegotiating with Vince.

Aye. Progress for example in the UK is growing at quite a rate right now and independents are popping up everywhere in the UK at the moment. Recently got one where I live and it's sold out its last 2 [out of 3] shows (I'd guess about 300 attendance). Progress has arranged a show at Wembley Arena next year [12,000] attendance] which is a MASSIVE deal because if that's successful that will probably get a lot of $$ type peoples eyeballs on the product. In the UK wrestling is going through a boom period at the money in it is growing on a weekly basis and there is a whole wealth of international talent frequently touring the country, as well as incredible local talent [seriously British wrestling is shit hot with talent right now]

Avatar image for achillesforever
#36342 Posted by achillesforever (138 posts) -

ROH show was really fun last night, got to meet KUSHIDA, Suzuki, and Hiromu and except for the first match being canceled because Mark killed his elbow everything was great match wise. Did get annoyed by the end since I was GA standing room only and had a big guy behind yelling every dumb goddamn BTE meme to start a chant. I mean the whole "Fuck the Revival" thing is kind of punching down at this point.

#36343 Edited by mezmero (3625 posts) -

King of Pro Wrestling was real good. Some thoughts.

Yano continues to be great. I enjoy how many comedy wrestlers in the world have been getting over these days contrary to what traditionalist say about them.

I've been taken aback by how surprisingly good the tag team booking has been this whole year for NJPW. In the previous two years they've felt pretty throwaway yet they're making the best out of only a handful of teams putting on great matches. That said I'm not digging KES at all, though I guess I'm not suppose to. Jury's still out on Roppongi 3k, they seem decent enough and I like seeing Rocky out there.

I love that the Juniorheavy title has become the "dudes trying to murder each other" division. I've always liked KUSHIDA but he has been something special for the past year or two at least. Osprey is still out of his damn mind, bless his heart. Osprey and Marty are sure to tear the house down next they meet. At the same time poor Hiromu, getting bullied by everybody this year.

Naito and Ishii continue to be my two favorite Japanese wrestlers in the world right now (Naka-who?). I almost feel like I've needed a cigarette after every time these two fight one another (and I don't even smoke) because they are so excellent.

EVIL v Okada was very good. These guys mesh well together and really got that crowd amped for a match with a very forgone conclusion. Okada deserves everything he's getting as far as prestige even though he's not my favorite. It's been fun watching his ego slowly unravel after his draw with Kenny.

Got my BOLA blu-rays that I'll probably try to get through this weekend. It's one of those wild weeks where my consumption of wrestling goes from 1 to 100 seemingly from nowhere.

#36344 Posted by KidB (2 posts) -

@internetdotcom: Nothing good will come out of it. It either ends with Brock destroying Jinder in one sided fight or a DQ finish from The Singh Brothers and Brock F5's both and Jinder. So either way, Jinder comes out as a geek.

#36345 Posted by Fly53Corps (198 posts) -

Yeah can't see an upside for Jinder in this one. Not that I'm bothered for him though.

#36346 Posted by Dizzyhippos (4211 posts) -

This page can not cycle out fast enough... I my eyes are in danger of rolling out of my head from cross dressing Bray.

#36347 Posted by mezmero (3625 posts) -

Chuck Taylor and Excalibur are the best English announce team in wrestling. I won't be told otherwise.

#36348 Posted by Fly53Corps (198 posts) -
Loading Video...

#36349 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (2318 posts) -

ROH Global Wars Chicago is going on now, and Cody is shooting like hell on Roman Reigns haha

#36350 Posted by ht101 (1969 posts) -

I'm watching Breakdown from 1998 and Foley just did an elbow drop from the top of the steel cage. I cringed while watching it knowing how much pain Foley is in now. I also see what Vince wants Roman to be. Rock got over organically and Vince wishes Roman could do the same.