#40451 Edited by Dizzyhippos (4344 posts) -

@bladededge: Don't quote me on this but I think FPW claimed they were gonna add some kind of booker mode at some point in the future.

~month away from evolution and they book maryse vs BRIIEEEEEE MODEEEEEE as a main event on smackdown :ziggler

#40452 Posted by wjb (2121 posts) -

Wonder if I'll have power at my place to watch the CMLL show or Hell in a Cell this weekend.

#40453 Edited by Shiftygism (644 posts) -

@dizzyhippos: Yeah, "Fire Promoter" it's future dlc. That, the Junior Heavyweights (which I think has a story attached to it), and one additional scenario.

I wonder what that last one will be? It'd be huge if it turned out to be the ROH guys that didn't make it on disc. Probably zero chance of that though as it would've been a pretty big selling point for a complete package many question the price for.

#40454 Posted by Shiftygism (644 posts) -

They put the Wyatt compound in the game...

Loading Video...

The zombie skin, metallic skin, and big heads will likely be micro-transactions as they said they would go all out with that shit this year.

#40455 Posted by InternetDotCom (3924 posts) -

Judging by WWE 2K and NBA 2K it is clear that 2K ran out of gameplay ideas

#40456 Posted by turboman (9566 posts) -
Loading Video...

I hear that New Japan has some matches that might be called the Best Match Ever

#40457 Posted by Kingpk (1340 posts) -

"I'm too famous to go buy groceries." - Kyle O'Reilly, 2018.

Also, if Regal puts Heavy Machinery in charge of the Black investigation my heart will be so happy. Tucky and Dozy will find the culprit!

#40458 Posted by Dizzyhippos (4344 posts) -
Loading Video...

Ric Flair continuing to be the best.

#40460 Posted by Shiftygism (644 posts) -

Too bad Samoa Joe didn't crash it yelling "Wendyyy!!!"

#40461 Posted by cmblasko (2784 posts) -

How many Ric Flair weddings has Undertaker been to at this point, I wonder.

#40462 Posted by mezmero (3676 posts) -

It just occurred to me that BOLA is starting tonight. I've fallen behind on PWG lately but my odds on favorites to win are Trevor Lee, Joey Janela, or PCO just eats the ring and they have to cancel the event. I'm sort of glad I can't go because that man legitimately scares me...

@turboman: Oooooooh, "Best" Match Ever, I get it. Why didn't ya'll say so? The RanKing of Fighters comparison makes a lot more sense. It actually feels a lot harder to recommend something to watch with this kind of criteria. I trust you guys will work hard to push the "Rank EVERY match" agenda, just sayin' it's a dark road.

#40463 Posted by turboman (9566 posts) -

@mezmero: oh no we're not going out of the way to watch bad matches, we just wanted to check out New Japan and it went wrong. We'll try to stay away from them from now on.

#40464 Posted by mezmero (3676 posts) -

@turboman: Oh I never said anything about bad matches, it's not like the RoF crew look for bad fighting games... But I mean you guys are clearly looking at stuff with a certain je ne sais quoi.

#40465 Posted by wjb (2121 posts) -

"Just remember, the sweet is never as sweet without the sour." - Vanilla Sky, 2001

How will we know which is the best match ever unless we have crap to compare it to?

#40466 Posted by ht101 (2072 posts) -

@mezmero: We dropped Episode 4 today so check that out too. We are all over the place with quality. It just continues from there.

#40468 Posted by turboman (9566 posts) -

@mezmero: Yeah, the idea is to pick from "interesting" matches, not exactly just typical good matches where there isn't much to talk about.

---

The LA Park tag match from CMLL last night was excellent. I couldn't be bothered to stay up for a Matt Taven main event though.

#40469 Posted by InternetDotCom (3924 posts) -
#40470 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (2390 posts) -

205 Live is moving to 7pm Wednesday's.

#40471 Posted by Drakoji (380 posts) -
#40472 Posted by Shiftygism (644 posts) -

So...the HitC is now red...

WTF, WWE...

#40473 Posted by ht101 (2072 posts) -

@drdarkstryfe: It's not for good though. The Mixed Match Challenge is pushing it to Wednesdays. If it gets more viewers on Wed. than it does on Tues. it could stay there.

#40474 Posted by Toastburner_B (462 posts) -

After much speculation, it is now official that Matt Hardy has retired from in-ring competition:

Loading Video...

#40475 Posted by dazzhardy (1410 posts) -

Was just reminded that it's Hell in a Cell tonight. I would of completely forgot if not for Twitter.

#40476 Posted by PDXSonic (534 posts) -

@dazzhardy: I'm more excited for the Bryan and Vinny podcast after HiaC, as this show looks like it could have some baffling results.

#40477 Edited by Toastburner_B (462 posts) -

STOP PUTTING THINGS IN JEFF HARDY'S EAR!

#40478 Posted by Dizzyhippos (4344 posts) -

Hell in a Cell has never meant less, what a garbage fucking finish to a PPV.

#40479 Posted by wjb (2121 posts) -

I guess I missed Ambrose/Rollins and McIntyre/Ziggler on top of the cage. lol

Better wrestlers have to take the bump in a Roman match.

#40480 Edited by dazzhardy (1410 posts) -

Man, that PPV was doing okay, it had two good matches and the rest were at least okay. Then that finish sucked the wind right out of it. THEN THEY SHOWED AN EVEN WORSE PART OF A PRIOR HELL IN A CELL MATCH THAT WASNT THE FINISH.

I mean, I get it, they don't actually want their guys getting hurt, and I'm all for that, but don't act like they just got utterly broken in half and thrown about by Diablo himself, only to show that Mick Foley footage immediately afterwards. Not only was the ending an overbooked mess, you then go and remind me that a) the violence wasn't half as bad as you were selling it to be, and b) you've done better in the past and by god are you happy to remind us of it, even at the expense of your current product.

God that made me irrationally angry.

#40481 Edited by Milkman (19177 posts) -

Tuned in and out of Hell in a Cell all night. Didn't really see anything particularly interesting. It's cool that Becky won the title though.

Anyway, here's your 2018 Battle of Los Angeles winner.

No Caption Provided

#40483 Posted by InternetDotCom (3924 posts) -

ending a hell in a cell match with a no contest is at the very least extremely funny so at least I got a good laugh

#40484 Posted by cmblasko (2784 posts) -

It's hard to imagine now but a Hell in a Cell match being announced used to be the biggest thing. There is no reason at all for it to be a PPV theme anchor at this point. They should shelve Hell in a Cell for a few years then bring it back for a hot feud and use it very sparsely from there to rehab it into being special again.

#40485 Posted by cornfed40 (593 posts) -

Off topic, but has anyone else noticed the Wrestling with Wregret's Brian Zane on YouTube is Matt Rorie?

#40486 Posted by Shiftygism (644 posts) -

Rorie gets around, he also had a role in season one of Black Sails.

#40487 Posted by Dizzyhippos (4344 posts) -

I just realized something, whens the last time anyone saw Candice LaRae on NXT?

#40488 Posted by ht101 (2072 posts) -

I did not watch Hell in a Cell last night. The pics and reactions I've seen are about what I expected it to be. The cage painted red is freaking hilarious. Becky winning is cool and the tag team title matches seem like ones I should watch at some point.

#40489 Posted by hansolol (894 posts) -

Ishii & Ospreay vs. Omega & Ibushi from night 1 of Road to Destruction is my frontrunner for best match of the year so far.

#40490 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (2390 posts) -

Impact Wrestling might be up for sale. Top brass at Impact met with HHH and other WWE executives for unknown reasons. Some connected people on Twitter were saying as early as Sunday that Impact was probably going to up for sale soon, and that not even talent or production was told about it.

#40491 Posted by InternetDotCom (3924 posts) -

All I know about Impact being sold that I'm guessing someway somehow it ends up with Jeff Jarrett falling upwards again

#40492 Edited by soulcake (2331 posts) -

WWE VS Impact let's do this !

Or Matt Hardy running impact at his compound. Both options would be amazing.

#40493 Edited by Shiftygism (644 posts) -

Tessa vs. Charlotte, gimme.

#40494 Posted by Shiftygism (644 posts) -
#40495 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (2390 posts) -

Rey Mysterio will be coming back to WWE soon. He signed a new two year deal, with an 18 month out clause.

#40496 Edited by redwing42 (461 posts) -

I might be by myself on this, but Mysterio never really did anything for me. Even more so than most guys, it always seemed like his matches were based around setting up a single move.

#40497 Posted by wjb (2121 posts) -

Caught up with Destruction shows tonight.

Looking forward to Tanahashi v. Okada for the briefcase and the custody of Yoshi-Hashi.

#40498 Posted by Roomrunner (1737 posts) -

I might be by myself on this, but Mysterio never really did anything for me. Even more so than most guys, it always seemed like his matches were based around setting up a single move.

Rey seems to be in much better shape than his last WWE run, so you may get better matches.

But this is WWE, and all they care about is branding and catchphrases, so there is always a chance they'll just be "heat-619-finish".

#40499 Edited by turboman (9566 posts) -

@redwing42 said:

If you're unfamiliar with Rey's prime in WCW, then I recommend looking up literally any match from there. The stuff he was pulling off there makes Ricochet/Ospreay look tame.

---

Also: Not really Wrestling related but Jon Jones had his sentence conveniently reduced to 15 months and allows him to fight at UFC230 in MSG at the end of October. I'm not saying COLLUSION but.... HOLY COW THIS IS COLLUSION UFC IS SO DIRTY.

#40500 Posted by InternetDotCom (3924 posts) -

Mainly just hoping the WWE doesn't grind Mysterio's knees into dust again.

Which is likely to happen