Things that piss you off way more then they should?

• 155 results
DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By DarthOrange

For me it is people who say "begs the question" when what they mean is "raises the question."

It irritates me to no end. I have seen it happen like seven times on these forums this week and it also happens with the editors on IGN all the time. Now typos, typos I don't mind because I often have a shit ton of them, especially when I am using the site on a mobile device. But "begs the question" does not even mean what some people think it means. At all. So those of you who do this, please stop. Do it for philosophers and logicians everywhere. Please?

http://begthequestion.info/

So, what tiny insignificant thing pisses off you duders way more then it should?

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've never even seen The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, but just seeing her makes me physically angry.

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By churrific

Your vs. you're.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

5 Hour Energy commercial.

"What is Fi-"

"NOOPE!" *changes channel immediately*

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

"I could care less"

So....You DO care?

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By eskimo

than/then

masterfully done..

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

"Hardcore, casual, core gamers". Fuck all these terms.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in RPGs. Quest items being stuck in your inventory the entire fucking game.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD I HOLD ONTO SIR JACKOFF SIDEQUESTS JOURNAL BOOK THE ENTIRE GAME UGH.

Like it drives me insane. Don't lock fucking items in my inventory. If they're merely for quests and dont add weight or anything, make them invisible items that dont appear in my inventory. or do the remarkably smart dragons dogma route where if you lose a quest item you can go to a black market dude and make a forgery.

I fucking HATE quest locked items, or hell locked items in my inventory at all. It bugs me so much. Ive deleted multiple 20+ hour characters in RPGs and started over merely cus i completed a quest that didnt remove the item from my inventory and had no way of removing it afterwards forever tainting that character.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Politics.

Shitty sitcoms that do really well.

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People who HAVE to watch TV when eating.

tkalsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

idiots

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Emoticons, putting "haahahahahaha" or "LOL" excessively. I can't think of anything else at the moment but that's mainly because I am exhausted and can only think of digital annoyances.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

All Things.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

No Caption Provided

I've never even seen The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, but just seeing her makes me physically angry.

SO MOE. also I have never seen that anime either. Given the number of anime loli avatars we have floating around these forums, I'm sure someone could tell you if that rage is misplaced or not.

Also, I get irrationally upset when I see people putting too much food on their (real or metaphorical) plates and then proceeding to throw away the rest after only eating part of it. I don't understand why.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By audiosnow

Persons who honk their vehicle's horn in irritation infuriate me.

JNSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JNSK

Grammatical errors tend to annoy me way more than they should. Also, people who don't use punctuation/use punctuation incorrectly; it's not that hard.

People who get all up in arms about others grammatical errors also piss me off.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Your vs. you're.

there/their/they're
it's/its
apostrophe's used in plural's

JamesJeux007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18  Edited By JamesJeux007
@ezakael said:

"I could care less"

So....You DO care?

Loading Video...

Nailed it.

@soldierg654342: I watched the anime when it came out and it's actually pretty good. It kinda felt like it was to anime what Saints Row is to GTA (probably the worst analogy, but it's all I have). I agree with you though, I have no idea what the heck was up with the craziness surrounding it.

Personally, I really hate it when people talk about something without knowing anything about it, or based on someone else's opinion. You know what ? If you wanna say Twilight is a piece of crap, I am not going to disagree with you, but please at least have an informed opinion. I have read all 4 books, I can tell you how and why it sucks (and sometimes doesn't). Do your research.

Oh, and Jack 2.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@churrific said:

Your vs. you're.

there/their/they're

it's/its

apostrophe's used in plural's

The greengrocer's apostrophe.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@jamesjeux007: Oh David Mitchell – you magnificent pedantic bastard.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Dolphins.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Dolphins.

WHAT HAVE DOLPHINS EVER DONE TO YOU!?

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bell_End

people who get pissed off about shit they have no interest in and have to tell people every time how little they care about something EVERY FUCKING TIME

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

• People changing lanes without using a turn signal.
  • People exiting the freeway at the last possible minute while you are exiting.
  • QTE for every little interaction: Resident Evil 6.
  • Using the XMB -for PS3-to quit out a game to switch to another game in some HD collections.
  • Fox News, politics in general.
Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fucking hate it when people have bad spelling and grammar.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By casper_

i think i get unreasonably annoyed with people using their phones/checking facebook/tweeting/whatever in public or social situations in general.

like i was having lunch with a friend recently and he took a phone call (not an "i'll call you back" but a conversation) at the table and i seriously considered walking out. i still think its incredibly rude but its also just a pretty standard part of our culture now so i'll learn to get over it.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Bigandtasty
@ezakael said:

"I could care less"

So....You DO care?

YES. I hate "could care less" (and anyone who defends it) with the fury of a thousand suns.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You did the thing that annoys me right in the title of your thread. It's than, not then. WTF HOW CAN ANYONE OVER THE AGE OF 9 GET THAT WRONG. SERIOUSLY.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bandwagoners. I just lose hope in humanity whenever I see a person drop a sudden fake smile to blend in with the group, or someone who has the "right, guys?!" attitude, and because he's being loud, they actually agree with him and start laughing or whatever.

I dream of a human society where people behave as they really think and feel, and not keep sucking each other's dicks in social get togethers.

I appreciate and understand the human nature's tendency to feel like you belong to a group, the good old 'we-feeling' or 'we-ness' that scholars talk about, but not like this, not like this.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@jk3107: My biggest issue with punctuation is people's insistence on using something because they can, and not because it's truly the best way to punctuate their words.

Lots of things with words bother me, but then I'm strange.

twigger89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Use of the term ya'll, I can't stand it.

When people think if they believe in their opinion strong enough it somehow becomes a fact.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By kerse

AI controlled party members in any game that requires them to do more than just shoot at something, and even then sometimes they're not good.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People wearing sweatpants in public. Just annoys me for no good reason.

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By bigdaddy81

People who get overly annoyed at incorrect grammar, punctuation, and/or spelling in forum posts. Especially when this site has a sizable international community that includes countries that do not have English as their native language. Not to mention the fact that many people type while on their phones or tablets which can lead to the occasional error. As long as one can discern the meaning of their post reasonably well, then it's good enough. It's a video game forum people. We're not typing out a college essay or a doctoral thesis here.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Darji
cheishxc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cheishxc

Nickelback

Comic sans

Beer snobs

Apple fanboys

There are many, many others. I'm often angry for no reason.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#39  Edited By wrecks

Beets. Fuck Beets. Oh, and the Internet.

Nezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#40  Edited By Nezza

People who pluralise Lego to 'Legos'.

Stop it. Seriously, even the manufacture put a page on their website clarifying this.

No Caption Provided

Kteven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Food or drink packets that have text in first person perspective. Shit like Innocent smoothies "I'm good for you and the environment. When you have finished drinking me, make sure you recycle me. i don's want to be litter"

Go fuck yourself inanimate object. I will draw a face on you just so I can punch it.

ignatz27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ignatz27

@nezza said:

People who pluralise Lego to 'Legos'.

Stop it. Seriously, even the manufacture put a page on their website clarifying this.

No Caption Provided

Wow, this isn't an issue I've ever given any thought to, but that company message has given me a new determination to always refer to Legos as Legos

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"It is what it is."

No shit.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TyCobb

Just call it an ATM; "machine" is in the name! Same thing with PIN.

"Could care less" as mentioned above.

People who put the dollar sign on the right (wrong) side of the number (1$). Sorry, but if I can put your currency symbol on the right, you can put mine on the left. Pretty sure I have seen people from America do the same thing which is sad. I have also seen people try and use the cents symbol and end up doing ¢99 instead of 99¢. Sometimes they also like to add an arbitrary decimal to beginning of the number which would lead me to believe that it is less than a single penny. Dollars on the left; cents on the right and no decimal point!. Thank you and you're welcome.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierg654342 said:
No Caption Provided

SO MOE. also I have never seen that anime either. Given the number of anime loli avatars we have floating around these forums, I'm sure someone could tell you if that rage is misplaced or not.

Also, I get irrationally upset when I see people putting too much food on their (real or metaphorical) plates and then proceeding to throw away the rest after only eating part of it. I don't understand why.

I'd say that's pretty justified considering that arrogant look on her face, which is completely how her personality is. Though it's amusing cause i'm just an observer, i'd probably be pretty annoyed if someone like her showed up in real life.

Network/internet connection problems will instantly send me from good mode into pissed off enough that i'm on the verge of punching someone.

ElixirBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When someone says a product is a "joint" and it's actually not.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47  Edited By crusader8463

People that throw a temper tantrum over simple grammatical errors or those that go out of their way to point them out. No one cares shut up. Unless I'm writing a paper for school, a novel, or an article for publishing it doesn't matter and it just makes you look like a sad angry little person for giving a fuck about how some stranger on the internet spells.

I'm sure there are some other little things I can't think of, but that's the biggest one that gets me going the most. Other than that the only other one I can think of is when people do that whole "Merica is the greatest!" crap. I can't even stand it when it's satirical like in the "Team America" movie or on the "Steven Colbert Show". I really like Steve and want to watch his show as he is a really smart and funny guy, but I just can't get past his character to enjoy the other stuff.

Slow computers too. The ones we have to use at work constantly hang up for literally 4-5 min at a time while just switching from one tab to another in a web browser. I want to punch something every time my work has to grind to a halt because the dam page won't load.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Chibithor

Stupid comments, especially on PC Gamer and Youtube. I actually stopped going to PC Gamer because every time I would scroll below the article, for a brief moment I would want to die.

McTangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By McTangle

Adverts coming on TV justafter I sit down to eat.

No Caption Provided

McTangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By McTangle

Adverts coming on TV justafter I sit down to eat.

No Caption Provided