Think Different!

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By themoon13

Hey I've been wondering how many of you are on a Mac. I'm not, but it seems like Macs have been getting a bit more popular recently.

P.S. The comic is from Spiffy Chaps (SELF PLUG FTW!)

No Caption Provided

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Hahah that was great, been a Mac user since I was 5 plan on being one till I die.

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#3  Edited By themoon13
Captain_Fookup said:
"Hahah that was great, been a Mac user since I was 5 plan on being one till I die."
How come? The interface is odd to me personally.
I'm not knocking it, just wondering.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bullet_Jr
GoranP said:
"Captain_Fookup said:
"Hahah that was great, been a Mac user since I was 5 plan on being one till I die."
How come? The interface is odd to me personally.
I'm not knocking it, just wondering.

"
It's just a GUI, there's very little actual functionality difference between Mac and Linux. For work purpose, I use Linux. For everything else, I use PC.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a die-hard Windows fan (I loath Microsoft's money-grubbing antics), but let's be real here: There are alot of things you simply can't do on a Mac that you can on a PC.

I'm in the process of writing my own Linux-based operating system, which will be my preferred OS format when it is finished.
BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By BawlZINmotion

I use both. Largely I have a Windows machine for gaming and a Mac for almost everything else. I prefer Mac and if I could play the same games on it I'd have no need for Windows (though I could play most of those games on my PS3, but all the friends I game with are on PC, so). Mac is more simple and straight forward. The user interface, design and structure all make sense and are to the point. For example, most applications are delivered via a single file simply dragged into the "Applications" folder which is then self-setup. Deleting an application only requires that you drag the folder/icon to the trash bin. Done. I know my way around a lot of operating systems (I work in IT), but why put yourself through all that extra stuff to achieve the same goal if you don't have to? It doesn't make any sense.

A common misconception about the platform is the one button mouse. People can plug a two button mouse into a Mac and it works similar to Windows or Linux.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Pure and simple bro it just works, if I have the urge to play any Valve games I just load up mah good old WXPSP2 partition in Boot Camp. I haven't booted into Windows for almost a year due to owning an Xbox 360. That will change sometime in the next two years when I put some money into a uber 1337 Hack Mac that can dual boot.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Karmum

I actually like the interface of Apple computers/notebooks, installed a program that has a similar feel, called ObjectDock. Wish I could find a theme that would change my taskbar to be more thinner and white. Aside from that, I haven't actually used an Apple computer or notebook.

Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Stevokenevo

Im just at the point where I dont really have the time or need to invest myself in figuring out the mac interface and setup.  Macs look cool, but im sticking with my PC however narrow minded that seems.  Mainly because of the games i guess.

Btw, great comic! 

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RetroIce4

I am going to stick my Microsoft OS. (They are both P(ersonal)C(omputers)'s and both have their benefits.)

Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Video_Tycoon
Bullet_Jr said:
I'm in the process of writing my own Linux-based operating system, which will be my preferred OS format when it is finished."
FULL OF WIN. :)  Kudos to you, mate!
DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DarkGamer007

That comic was great. Mac commercials annoy me so much, they are nothing but lies and the twisting of the truth in a pathetic attempt to sell Macs. Sadly, uneducated computer users believe the ads, buy the Macs and then regurgitate the commercials claiming that Macs are better than Windows based computers. I applaud Microsoft for not lowering themselves to Apple's level and using attack commercials against Apple to sell Windows.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By jakob187

I'm not going to lie.  My roommate has a Macbook, and that battery gets really toasty.

But since we try not to run the heater right now in the middle of our 50 degree days, it's nice to huddle around and watch some old episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark? on while keeping us warm the whole time.

So...  =  P
figmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By figmo
it's good to think different,  boy do we need it on many levels!  there's no point in forking over hard earned cash on overpriced hardware of steve job's and company.  sure it's sexy, in the end, it means nothing and is not practical.  i have several win boxes and a unix box and it serves it's purpose and then some.  sure they're ugly, except for my little net book.  however my win boxes and unix box could be upgraded.  i can use the same motherboard and replace the cpu.  my video card could be changed if, i wanted to.  if i don't want to use the on board sound, i can add a creative sound card.  the skies the limit with the win box and the unix box doesn't need much for it to purr.  win boxes and unix boxes at corporate level is another story, i'll not bother with.

again thinking different is good, but dropping money for sexy (mac) is not.  in the end, macs are just niche market stuff.  if you want to purchase sexy hardware go for it.
clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By clarke0

Can't stand anything Apple makes. I think it's mostly fans of their products that drive me so far, far away.