• 93 results
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#51  Edited By Claude

My dead mother won. I wonder if she is voting this year.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By frankfartmouth

Obama had more memorable comebacks for Romney's soundbytes, like the Battleship comment, which is really all that matters for a win. All this shit is so filtered and canned to fit into the debate format and remain digestible to the masses that the only way to come out on top is to rattle off more snappy one liners than the other guy. Obama definitely got the better of Romney in that area tonight.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Aegon

@Milkman said:

Haven't watched the debate but I can imagine how much Israel talk there was. And let me just say this right now. Real talk: fuck Israel. Both Obama and Romney need to get over their massive Israeli boners.

Hold on, let me get my "real talk" glasses on.

Hmmm, let's see here... "*expletive* Israel".

In a, you don't like anything about it kind of way? In a, you don't agree with some of their actions kind of way? In a, "why do they keep talking about Israel stop talking about Israel this is 'Merca" kind of way?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Milkman
@Aegon said:

@Milkman said:

Haven't watched the debate but I can imagine how much Israel talk there was. And let me just say this right now. Real talk: fuck Israel. Both Obama and Romney need to get over their massive Israeli boners.

In a, you don't like anything about it kind of way? In a, you don't agree with some of their actions kind of way? In a, "why do they keep talking about Israel stop talking about Israel this is 'Merca" kind of way?

In a, there are much bigger issues to worry about than Israel kind of way. Way too much time is spent on it by both parties.
imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By imsh_pl

Goldman Sachs.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By inkerman

@Milkman said:

@Aegon said:

@Milkman said:

In a, there are much bigger issues to worry about than Israel kind of way. Way too much time is spent on it by both parties.

Like...? Remember this was the foreign policy debate, and the two biggest issues for American foreign policy are Middle Eastern security and China, Israel is a crucial component for Middle Eastern security and America's closest ally in addition to being perhaps the only non-North American country the general American public has an real grasp of. Major Foreign policy issue + at least some public interest = political discussion.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By CptBedlam

I don't care who won BUT GUYS GUYS.... RICH GALLUP WAS QUOTED BY A GERMAN MAGAZINE:

Sein Ur-Großvater habe im Ersten Weltkrieg für die USA gekämpft, schreibt Rich Gallup: "Wir haben noch sein Bajonett, falls die Regierung es zurückhaben will."

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By Wraxend

I remember watching a documentary and i think it said that Israel has the biggest Arms contract with America. I guess thats another reason Israel was a hot topic as its where the USA gets alot of its military tech from.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By CptBedlam

@Wraxend said:

I remember watching a documentary and i think it said that Israel has the biggest Arms contract with America. I guess thats another reason Israel was a hot topic as its where the USA gets alot of its military tech from.

Uhm, the other way round maybe?

Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
WarlockEngineerMoreDakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Neither won- they agreed on a few too many things for the debate to be exactly notable. As such- you'd think I should logically be saying it was a tie- but I default to neither cause I'm not voting for either of those damn clowns.

My favorite thing about this debate though: drones becoming the 4th most searched debate term on Google, even though they only got a passing mention. XD

Oh, and of course, Horses and Bayonets. :P

And Romney claiming Syria is Iran's 'path to the sea.' <_>

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61  Edited By lazyturtle

@Inkerman said:

Like...? Remember this was the foreign policy debate, and the two biggest issues for American foreign policy are Middle Eastern security and China, Israel is a crucial component for Middle Eastern security and America's closest ally in addition to being perhaps the only non-North American country the general American public has an real grasp of. Major Foreign policy issue + at least some public interest = political discussion.

Perhaps thats the problem. Instead of wanting to engage the region, we are supporting a single country there to appease religious fundamentalists at home. We've been close with Egypt for a long time..but not as close as we are with Israel Why not? Turkey too. We just haven't spend the time to develop those relationships because we've been too focused on one small country that is a significant part of the political problem in the region .

I'm not saying that we shouldn't be allies or that we should throw them to the dogs, but we should try to have more friends and allies in the region.

Masin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Masin

@Forderz: Mitt Romney doesn't believe that climate change is effected by humanity. He believes it is happening, but at a natural pace, without human interference.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Claude
My dead mother won. I wonder if she is voting this year.
Sorry the Republicans would try to throw away her registration form. They're really cracking down on voter fraud by committing it a lot lately.
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By Animasta

@WarlockEngineerMoreDakka said:

Neither won- they agreed on a few too many things for the debate to be exactly notable. As such- you'd think I should logically be saying it was a tie- but I default to neither cause I'm not voting for either of those damn clowns.

My favorite thing about this debate though: drones becoming the 4th most searched debate term on Google, even though they only got a passing mention. XD

I refuse to believe that Romney is that dumb

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By toowalrus

I'm watching it now, I thought that whole "the 1980s called, they want their foreign policy back" thing was a joke. I'm so glad it wasn't.

Divina_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Divina_Rex

@Animasta said:

He said it, believe it.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@wmaustin55 said:

It's like Obama was slapping Mitt around with Mitt's own hands. STOP HITTING YOURSELF, STOP HITTING YOURSELF.

Yep. I don't live in America but this Mitt seems to have a short memory, it seems Obama remembers more that Mitt says instead of Mitt himself. Obama is such a great President after Bush and I think he should keep doing what he's doing.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By PillClinton

Must... resist... snidely rebutting... every comment... I don't agree with... and starting... inane ranting arguments with good people...

Gah, politics!

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By _Zombie_

The answer is obviously Batman.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Animasta

@Divina_Rex said:

@Animasta said:

He said it, believe it.

wooooooooow

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#71  Edited By chaser324  Moderator  Online

I mailed in my ballot last week, so it's irrelevant to me.

Forderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Forderz

Well, even if there's some disagreement on the root cause, I think talking about solutions to reduced global food production, higher sea levels and increased natural disasters would of been warranted. I think most of the blame can be placed on the questions chosen for the debate, and that was on the moderator.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Animasta

@Divina_Rex said:

@Animasta said:

He said it, believe it.

wooooooooow

That's fucking hilarious. He's even more of a joke to me now. His solutions boiled down to "I'd do what Obama did, but sooner." So clearly time travel isn't a problem for him.
MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By MideonNViscera

Romney seems like a knob, but everyone does compared to Obama. What a smooth motherfucker. Definitely between him and Master Chief.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@Red said:

I think Romney's hair was the big loser. Did anyone else notice that one strand out of place?

Not until Gary Whitta pointed it out on Twitter.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By laserbolts

Anyone with half a brain could see that Obama won the debate. Master chief did have some good points though.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77  Edited By Dalai

The latest polls have Master Chief closing in on both Obama and Romney.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By zombie2011

Seeing on election day i will be buying Halo 4, and not voting i would say Master Chief won.

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By AltonBrown

"I came to give America back its economy"

Master Chief 2012

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Animasta

@AltonBrown said:

Master Chief 2012

I will stop the flood of illegal immigrants

Master Chief 2012

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#81  Edited By Red

@Godlyawesomeguy: I actually have twitter-proof that I pointed it out before him.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By audiosnow

I finally got the chance to watch it. Good Lord...

It was like watching the school creep pick on the class stutterer. Obama was unbelievably childish and snarky, and Romney was vague and incompetent. I was hoping Ron Paul would arrive to take both by the scruffs of their necks, but both parties are too obtuse to select a decent candidate.

I must say, it's rather disconcerting when one's president doesn't recognize the world's two most powerful nations shouldering each other with espionage, antagonistically-motivated diplomacy, and displays of arms as the biggest threat to both of those nations.

Below are the actual numbers of active aircraft carriers and submarines (both nuclear and non-) by country. The lists are not complete, for "brevity's" sake:

US - 11 ACC - 71 SBM

China - 1 ACC - 63 SBM

North Korea - 58 SBM

Russia - 1 ACC - 48 SBM

Iran - 19 SBM

India - 1 ACC - 15 SBM

Turkey - 16 SBM

Japan - 16 SBM

UK - 1 ACC - 11 SBM

France - 1 ACC - 10 SBM

Romney is technically correct (sarcasm) that America has fewer military ships today than in 1916, but the US is still clearly the sole naval superpower. Obama's remark about horses and bayonets left me cocking an eyebrow. A rather infantile way to respond to an unintelligent statement, I thought.

Mr. Obama, I would love to see the return of the economic policies of the 1920s.

"Time is money."

Except it is not.

Time is potential work. Work is potential value. Value is potential economic power. Producing economic power through artificial market manipulation causes a value vacuum. An intelligent business person hoping to expand would invest time, work, and value in further markets rather than flood the current market which would cause item devaluation through simple supply-and-demand. America has been producing and investing synthetic currency without the foundational investment of Time into Work to produce Value. Bush didn't destroy the US economy. Obama didn't destroy the US economy. Wall Street didn't destroy the US economy. The slow stabbing of the US economy is seen in the Federal Reserve Act of 1913, the Emergency Banking Act of 1933, the Gold Reserve Act of 1934, the Nixon Shock of 1971, and other acts of the incompetent and unindustrious.

The world is burning, the politicians have lit it, and the citizens are warming their hands at their neighbor's blazing picket fence.

Time to play video games.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Milkman

I just saw the debate so forgive my lateness.

I truly don't understand how anyone can be a Romney supporter when he doesn't even know what his own policies are. He spent the entire debate (and most of the other ones as well) completely contradicting everything he's ever said leading up to the election. First, he said that setting a withdrawal date for exiting Afghanistan was foolish, last night he said he'd do it in four years (which, by the way, is EXACTLY what Obama has been saying for months). Then he says we need to threaten Iran and show them who's boss, now all he talks about is peaceful negotiations. I literally couldn't tell you what his policies are anymore and I doubt he could either. It's simply a guy willing to say whatever it takes to become president and it's extremely distressing that so many people are going to fall for it.

Not that Obama is completely innocent either. His refusal to move past the Bush-era foreign policy is distressing in itself but at least I know what his policies are.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Animasta

@AltonBrown said:

Master Chief 2012

I will stop the flood of illegal immigrants

Master Chief 2012

The Covanent of Liberalism must be stopped.

Chief/Johnson 2012
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Animasta

romney just makes me really bummed the smart republican candidate didn't get in (huntsman, that is)

or at least Cain, because Cain would be goddamn hilarious

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Animasta

romney just makes me really bummed the smart republican candidate didn't get in (huntsman, that is)

I feel the exact same way about Huntsman. The fact that he was among the least popular of the candidates is a clear indication of the dire straits that party is heading down.
Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoever wins, we lose.

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Draxyle

@Milkman said:

I just saw the debate so forgive my lateness.

I truly don't understand how anyone can be a Romney supporter when he doesn't even know what his own policies are. He spent the entire debate (and most of the other ones as well) completely contradicting everything he's ever said leading up to the election. First, he said that setting a withdrawal date for exiting Afghanistan was foolish, last night he said he'd do it in four years (which, by the way, is EXACTLY what Obama has been saying for months). Then he says we need to threaten Iran and show them who's boss, now all he talks about is peaceful negotiations. I literally couldn't tell you what his policies are anymore and I doubt he could either. It's simply a guy willing to say whatever it takes to become president and it's extremely distressing that so many people are going to fall for it.

Not that Obama is completely innocent either. His refusal to move past the Bush-era foreign policy is distressing in itself but at least I know what his policies are.

Completely agreed. These debates have been Romney arguing against the last year of "campaign Romney", who has been campaigning against his own record as "Governor Romney". Who or what the heck is he then? How do his supporters reconcile the severe cognitive dissonance going on? I've been deeply entrenched in politics these last couple years and I don't think I've seen a more blatantly two-faced politician.

And there's almost no one within the party or Fox News that will actually dare critique these turns of events. The Democrats might be ineffectual and divided, but I'm glad they are so that there's actually some process of introspection and debate amongst them that keeps the party (somewhat) in check.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By dichemstys

Lotta love for Israel.

Avatar image for a_talking_donkey
A_Talking_Donkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By A_Talking_Donkey

Mitt if beating yourself counts as victory. If not, Obama won.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By TruthTellah

@Animasta said:

I hate this thread, but I just had to thank you for mentioning what a quality guy Huntsman was! I wish there was a third party where the smart, reasonable people from both Parties could just come together and leave the two extremes to drive themselves into the ground.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#92  Edited By l4wd0g

The US citizens lost.

Avatar image for a_talking_donkey
A_Talking_Donkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By A_Talking_Donkey

@TruthTellah said:

@Animasta said:

I hate this thread, but I just had to thank you for mentioning what a quality guy Huntsman was! I wish there was a third party where the smart, reasonable people from both Parties could just come together and leave the two extremes to drive themselves into the ground.

If you think the democrat party and the republican party are on extreme opposite ends of some spectrum you've probably never paid attention to world politics. Compared to politicians in other first world countries democrats are moderate center at best, though closer to center-right. Republicans are far enough right to call extreme though. Reasonable isn't somewhere between the two, reasonable is somewhere left of democrat. Green is what I'd call a fairly reasonable party, Socialist Party USA might be a bit too far left, but somewhere between those parties is where most first world countries are. American politics are backwards and bordering on third world.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Animasta

@A_Talking_Donkey: I'm totally voting for the green party even though that vote doesn't mean anything