#2  Edited By whyzenheimer

whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By whyzenheimer

Sorry to double post, just wanted to embed that for you.  At first I was thinking, "What kind of crap did I just get linked into watching?"  But about a minute in I was awe-struck.  That was really well done for live sampling.  Kudos for finding it, I don't care if the next twenty people come in screaming "OLD!12313112!!!" 

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Bulldog19892
MisoRonery said:
"Sorry to double post, just wanted to imbed that for you.  At first I was thinking, "What kind of crap did I just get linked into watching?"  But about a minute in I was awe-struck.  That was really well done for live sampling.  Kudos for finding it, I don't care if the next twenty people come in screaming "OLD!12313112!!!" "
They won't. This guy is surprisingly obscure. After seeing this I wanted to buy his album (he only has one), and that was a pretty daunting task. It turns out you can find it on Bleep.com, some indie music website I had never heard of before.

Thanks for the embed by the way.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By crunchUK

that was awesome i wish i was that good

whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By whyzenheimer

You're quite welcome.  I'd probably be more interested in listening to the music if I hadn't seen this first.  Just watching them work makes me want to track them down to see them live.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TwoOneFive

niice that was cool. i like how they create effects on the spot and they even through in visuals for the show instead of prerecorded stuff

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Bulldog19892
MisoRonery said:
"You're quite welcome.  I'd probably be more interested in listening to the music if I hadn't seen this first.  Just watching them work makes me want to track them down to see them live.
"
That's probably an even more difficult task, and you would likely have to go overseas to see him because this kind of music is (unfortunatly) only popular in countries other than the U.S.. And if you already live outside the U.S. then cheers to you, and take videos if you find him.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TwoOneFive
Bulldog19892 said:
"MisoRonery said:
"You're quite welcome.  I'd probably be more interested in listening to the music if I hadn't seen this first.  Just watching them work makes me want to track them down to see them live.
"
That's probably an even more difficult task, and you would likely have to go overseas to see him because this kind of music is (unfortunatly) only popular in countries other than the U.S.. And if you already live outside the U.S. then cheers to you, and take videos if you find him."
um okay, i've seen shows like this is several different locations in my home city Philadelphia alone, so im sure i could find good indie music like this in any major city in this country.  only overseas, pff
whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By whyzenheimer
TwoOneFive said:
"Bulldog19892 said:
"MisoRonery said:
"
That's probably an even more difficult task, and you would likely have to go overseas to see him because this kind of music is (unfortunatly) only popular in countries other than the U.S.. And if you already live outside the U.S. then cheers to you, and take videos if you find him."
um okay, i've seen shows like this is several different locations in my home city Philadelphia alone, so im sure i could find good indie music like this in any major city in this country.  only overseas, pff"
How about you give a recommendation of something similar or competitive instead of jumping straight into being a twat?  Yes there are similar acts in the US and a burgeoning trip-hop/trance/house/whatever-the-fuck the kids want to call it fanbase, but the only thing you just educated anyone about is the fact that you're an asshole.
DemoMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By DemoMan

That was awesome

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Meowayne

I was sitting here listening, thinking: You know this type of music, where have you heard it before? Then it struck me.

If you like the sound of this, definatly check out Akira Yamaokas sountracks of the Silent Hill series! There's some disturbing stuff and some vocals, but much of this kind as well.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By angelkimne

It would make good Game music :-)

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By xruntime

Great it wasn't metal. I like peaceful music

I think they used Ableton Live

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By OmegaPirate
Meowayne said:
"I was sitting here listening, thinking: You know this type of music, where have you heard it before? Then it struck me.

If you like the sound of this, definatly check out Akira Yamaokas sountracks of the Silent Hill series! There's some disturbing stuff and some vocals, but much of this kind as well."
Agreed - They even used the song written for silent hill 3 at the end of the Live action film - admittedly that was probably the only good thing about the film xD