This weekend, we enter the Dark Age of Stupidity...

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By buzz_killington

As you all know, G.I. Joe is going to earn a fuckload of money. This movie is so garbage that Paramount hasn't even showed it to critics. To quote the Paramount CEO: 
"After the chasm we experienced with 'Transformers 2' between the response of audiences and critics, we chose to forgo opening-day print and broadcast reviews as a strategy to promote 'G.I. Joe.' We want audiences to define this film." 

If this movie does well, we officially enter an era I like to call The Dark Age of Stupidity. As Hollywood is getting better and better at marketing, and turning people's brains in to feces, people are losing their judgement. They can't tell shit from gold, because they are given shit and told that it is gold. And you thought The Big Brother is a joke? Hollywood is the beginning. They are brainwashing children and teens, and a few generations from now, it is going to be everything. Mark my words, fellas. CEOs and executives and marketing people are gonna tell people how to live in about hundered years. This is just the beginning of The Dark Age of Stupidity.

Now, let's all pray that G.I. Joe fails at the box office. Pray... that's all we can do.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By ArchScabby

knowing is half the battle.  

Knowing that it sucks anyway, so you don't go see it.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Seedofpower

If you think its shit and it smells like shit, then don't go watch the shit. 
I'm gonna wait, like I do with most moives before I go see them. When my friends recommend the 9 dallors to see it then I will.
cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cloneslayer

The Rotten Tomatoes is at 36%.

My favorite review, "In his dreams, Stephen Sommers is Michael Bay."

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CL60

Opinions.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ryanwho
@Cloneslayer said:
" The Rotten Tomatoes is at 36%.

My favorite review, "In his dreams, Stephen Sommers is Michael Bay." "
That's rough.
At least with Uwe Boll you get inexplicable famous people.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187

Dood, the Dark Age of Stupidity is only reserved for the release of a new Soulja Boy album. 

DerekDanahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By DerekDanahy

It's probably going to tank.

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Ish

I am still going to enjoy it. 

You know why? 

The last movie that critics recommended me blows. 

Mikl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mikl

Truly this is the age of stupidity
Poppycock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Poppycock

The Dark Age of Stupidity started off with Soulja Boy. It's already upon us...

MVP1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MVP1101
@buzz_killington:  Movies like this have been around for years so i don't understand why you feel the need to make a big deal about  a movie that you will not see.  Will this movie be as bad as The live-action street fighter movies, I doubt it. Does this movie look any different the any  Jean Claude Van Dam movie, nope.  So get off your high horse and let people enjoy whatever because not every movie needs to be art  or  even have a deep plot some movies just need to be fun.    
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iam3green

i think we are already in stupidity. a lot of people are stupid now in days.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Absurd

I never read movie reviews anyway. I prefer to watch the movies myself and form my own opinion.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By toowalrus
@buzz_killington:  Dude, people want to see the movie not because of it's quality, but because of the nostalgia factor. We've been living in the age of Assholes, obviously.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I wouldn't call people stupid for seeing GI Joe. Some people just like action movies. Critics however, do not like action movies. I was shocked at how the Tomatometer dropped over the first few days. It was at around the 90's on wednesday, went to 67% on thursday, and finally plummeted to the 30's today. I think it's mostly attributed to most critic's closemindedness towards other genres. 

I could be completely wrong though.

JoblessTerence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JoblessTerence

You can't really assume that everybody that see's a shitty movie enjoys it. 90% of the people that saw Transformers 2 hated it.

dopeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dopeman
@The_Ish: and that was
Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19  Edited By buzz_killington
@Everyones_A_Critic said:
"

I wouldn't call people stupid for seeing GI Joe. Some people just like action movies. Critics however, do not like action movies. I was shocked at how the Tomatometer dropped over the first few days. It was at around the 90's on wednesday, went to 67% on thursday, and finally plummeted to the 30's today. I think it's mostly attributed to most critic's closemindedness towards other genres. 

I could be completely wrong though.

"
Critics like good movies regardless of the genre. 

@MVP1101
said:

" @buzz_killington:  Movies like this have been around for years so i don't understand why you feel the need to make a big deal about  a movie that you will not see.  Will this movie be as bad as The live-action street fighter movies, I doubt it. Does this movie look any different the any  Jean Claude Van Dam movie, nope.  So get off your high horse and let people enjoy whatever because not every movie needs to be art  or  even have a deep plot some movies just need to be fun.     "

They never made over 700 million dollars. They always failed miserably at the box-office. 

neoyamaneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By neoyamaneko
@buzz_killington:  Tho to be honest, movies like Transformers and GI Joe aren't meant to be "critic friendly", though the people that allow them to finally influence their decision are the ones with feces ridden brains.   You know you are going in to see a popcorn movie that is either going to satisfy your childhood memories or rape them.  If you go in expecting Scorcese, then you haven't got the common sense of a Garden Snail.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it's just me, but I love me a mindless, badly made action movie every now and then.

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By eirikr

I'm a GI Joe fan, and I quite enjoyed it. It wasn't a great movie and was mostly pretty mindless but that's what I was expecting. There was enough fanservice to look past the flaws, mostly non-existent character development. There were also a lot of kids in the audience where I went and they seemed to enjoy it. 

It was miles better than Transformers 2, which has earned nearly $400 million. I don't expect GI Joe to do anywhere near the same, but I'm interested to see what they do with a sequel so I hope it doesn't bomb.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RetroIce4
@Seedofpower said:
" If you think its shit and it smells like shit, then don't go watch the shit. I'm gonna wait, like I do with most moives before I go see them. When my friends recommend the 9 dallors to see it then I will. "
WUT R DALLORS?
ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ImpendingFoil

A movie like this isn't really about being something good or deep in thought, it is about being fun.  If you leave the theater and think the movie was brainless and stupid, yet you had a fun time watching it, then the movie did what is was suppose to do.  A lot of critics like to treat movies like GI Joe the same as they do for a film that is trying to get an Oscar nomination, which is completely the wrong thing to do.  I have not seen this yet, but in my opinion as long as I don't like like I was did after watching Terminator Salvation, I'll be happy no matter what.
Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Seedofpower
@RetroIce4 said:
" @Seedofpower said:
" If you think its shit and it smells like shit, then don't go watch the shit. I'm gonna wait, like I do with most moives before I go see them. When my friends recommend the 9 dallors to see it then I will. "
WUT R DALLORS? "

A TYPO! WHY ARE YOU YELLING?!
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By bubahula
@buzz_killington said:
"

Now, let's all pray that G.I. Joe fails at the box office. Pray... that's all we can do.

"

as long as were praying why dont we pray that its actually a fantastic movie?
neoyamaneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By neoyamaneko
@Bubahula said:
" @buzz_killington said:
"

"
as long as were praying why dont we pray that its actually a fantastic movie? "
I've come to the conclusion that there are two kinds of people in life: Those that can't wait for summer movies in order to turn their brain off and have fun and those that can't wait for summer movies in order to feel (pseudo)intellectually superior in telling us not to turn off our brains and have fun.
GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GunnBjorn

I have not seen Terminator: Salvation yet or seen/read any movie-review... 
Is it any good?
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By GreggD

I don't get this whole thing about G.I. Joe being anything more than mindless fun. If you really break down the show, it was mindless patriotism, built on the back of strong tie-in marketing, with all the toys. The show was designed to sell the action figures and playsets.

neoyamaneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By neoyamaneko
@GreggD said:
" I don't get this whole thing about G.I. Joe being anything more than mindless fun. If you really break down the show, it was mindless patriotism, built on the back of strong tie-in marketing, with all the toys. The show was designed to sell the action figures and playsets. "
I never bought any G.I. Joes, but my friend and I used to play WWF with his.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By KaosAngel

The movie was so damn bad...I watched it with a few Japanese friends and we came out of the theater asking what the hell we just watched.  It was soooo bad...but it wasn't a bad movie.  I dunno if that makes any sense.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#34  Edited By dethfish

It truly is the age of stupidity.
neoyamaneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By neoyamaneko
@KaosAngel said:
" The movie was so damn bad...I watched it with a few Japanese friends and we came out of the theater asking what the hell we just watched.  It was soooo bad...but it wasn't a bad movie.  I dunno if that makes any sense. "
So you just made this post to brag that you have Japanese friends?   I do too, but I just call them my friends.
CynicalRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CynicalRodent

I'll tell you what, it can't be as bad as Battlefield Earth... Jesus that shit was terrible

neoyamaneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By neoyamaneko

I will say this about the movie being stupid and that's in the scenes with young Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow being trained in a temple IN DOWNTOWN TOKYO that they were speaking some language and it wasn't Japanese.

Not to mention that in a country as xenophobic as Japan that if they would have found a white street urchin that they would have given him a plane ticket to wherever he said he was from.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By KaosAngel
@neoyamaneko said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" The movie was so damn bad...I watched it with a few Japanese friends and we came out of the theater asking what the hell we just watched.  It was soooo bad...but it wasn't a bad movie.  I dunno if that makes any sense. "
So you just made this post to brag that you have Japanese friends?   I do too, but I just call them my friends. "
No?  I did it so people would know people outside the States watching it hate it...and my friends are evenly split between American or Japanese...with a sprinkle of Koreans and Chinese people who live here.
Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By Pkshields
@MVP1101 said:
" let people enjoy whatever because not every movie needs to be art  or  even have a deep plot some movies just need to be fun.     "
Agreed. There are plenty of dumb movies that I watch just cause it looks awesome late at night.
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By zombie2011

I just saw the movie and i thought it was pretty sweet. I'll probably go see it again.

MVP1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MVP1101
@Killjoy:  I'm not saying everyone who thinks this movie sucks or that it is a piece of shit is on a high horse. I am just saying Buzz_killington  seems to be on one because his argument is that if this movie does well then the world will slip into a haze of Stupidity and sooner or later we will give up are free will to companies.  

It is just a movie why do people care so much? 
Avatar image for szayelaporrogranz
SzayelAporroGranz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KaosAngel said:

So does that mean it's bad but not as bad as a movie like Transformers 2?If that's what you're trying to say?
spacetrucking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By spacetrucking
@MVP1101: I guess it pisses people off that a bad movie makes $700 million and there is probably a bit of jealously in there because they couldn't pass off crap for gold themselves. Also, you're left with a feeling that under all the terrible film making facade, Michael Bay is actually an evil genius. :p
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Wolverine

Just like Transformers, G. I. Joe wasn't that popular when I was a kid so I have to nostalgia for it. I grew up in the 90's when Power Rangers was popular.