Tik Tok? Nah man, What You Waiting For is where it's at.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By matthew

Not only does it have 'tik-tok' repeated throughout the song, but it's Gwen.  She sang about Bananas, and taught thousands how to spell everybody's favorite yellow fruit!  Everytime I see Ryan tweet his obsession about Tik Tok by Ke$ha, I instantly think of this song instead of the one by the new girl on the block. 

Has anybody else really heard this song before Ke$ha came out with hers?  Do you think the same way I do?

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By habster3

I don't give a flying fuck about Gwen or Ke$ha.

Tarakun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Tarakun

Personally, I prefer Ke$ha's Sing-talk style over Gwen Stefani's more generic pop. Ke$ha's song also has a very electronic-club feel in its production which I prefer. At the same time, it's all pop music. Although both these songs seem like they're just screaming for a mash-up.  

EDIT:  Looks like somebody already did

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

That video makes me realize how sad I get thinking about how far downhill Gwen went...

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@Matthew: I prefer TiK ToK to What You Waiting For?, but I appreciate where you're coming from. Hollaback Girl and Cool are Gwen Stefani's best songs to my mind. I hope you don't mind if I toss up some of my current favorite adult contemporary hits.

I totally wish Jeff, Ryan, and Johnny V would do their own take on Hollaback Girl just as Jeff and Ryan did Oops... I Did it Again. I just want to hear them say, "This my shit."
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ajamafalous

I have never heard any of these songs.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Dalai

I'm partial to Gwen Stefani before her solo career. Also, when did that come out, like 5 years ago or something?