Time Flies

dev_ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

Edited By dev_ron

Feels like yesterday GiantBomb was launched and we all came here from GameSpot following Jeff's departure from there. I remember those days when we were contributing as much content as possible. And look at GB now! Very impressive. The death of Ryan Davis must have been a blow for the site but I always knew that Jeff was up to the task.

Well, I'm not sure if any of my old pals are still around here. After Craig, Serbsta and I started NoobFeed back in 2008, we didn't have enough time to contribute here. With that though I lost contact with so many friends. I miss talking to Feran, Mike, sadinshadow, James, Kane so many of them. Wish there was some sort of a reunion for us to get in touch with everyone again.

Recently, however, we've started another site called GamesCreed for publishing gaming updates mostly. Nothing too fancy but you're welcome to drop by and share your feedback. It's only been a few months that the site is launched. When we started NoobFeed, the first words were spread through GiantBomb. So I thought of dropping a line here for GamesCreed too.

Anyway, here's my Twitter and you're always most welcome to drop a line for a chat. I'll also try to make some time to check my inbox and notifications here too.

Stay safe.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Humanity

Maybe it's a little too late but GameFeed would be a great name for a website dedicated to a single feed of info on games??

As for the original intent of the thread, a lot of people at one point or another shifted away from the site - most old timers pretty much. I started interacting with the website around 2011 and even people from those days are mostly gone so I dunno how many are left. I think a lot of folks left for ResetEra?

dev_ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Never checked ResetEra though. None that I knew had invited me there. You seemed to be here for almost 9 years now.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@dev_ron: Yah it sounds kinda nuts when you say it. Thats a long time to spend on a video game forum.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been visiting another forum for over 18 years now. That's someone's lifetime.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I met one of my best friends on the GFAQs Twilight Princess Social Board. And I'm sure there are plenty of folks here who roll their eyes when they see me in a thread lmao, not that I'm a power poster or anything. Happy to stick around here, even if things are relatively slow. Putting the forums back on the front page really helped.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I miss talking to Feran, Mike, sadinshadow, James, Kane so many of them.

Isn't Mike @mb? I hope I'm not wring about that.

Anyway, there are some other little facts we can point out that might make you feel like the years have disappeared. If you started playing the Xbox One in fifth grade, you're about to graduate high school. Someone who started kindergarten when the Xbox 360 came out could have voted this year. Someone who was born the same year that Baldur's Gate/Half-Life/Ocarina of Time came out has been old enough to vote in two US presidential elections.

dev_ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. This is Mike's account https://www.giantbomb.com/profile/mike/ Most of us joined here during the launch of this site. So those who joined here after 2010 might not have seen us around much.

I miss talking to Feran, Mike, sadinshadow, James, Kane so many of them.

Isn't Mike @mb? I hope I'm not wring about that.

Anyway, there are some other little facts we can point out that might make you feel like the years have disappeared. If you started playing the Xbox One in fifth grade, you're about to graduate high school. Someone who started kindergarten when the Xbox 360 came out could have voted this year. Someone who was born the same year that Baldur's Gate/Half-Life/Ocarina of Time came out has been old enough to vote in two US presidential elections.

dev_ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: It sure is. You can say that we were among those who showed the Gamespot forum its glory days. Until of course when Jeff left GS and many of us followed him here.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I joined during the launch of the site as well. I fell off posting on the forums or interacting with the community pretty hard around 2010/2011 though. I still watched GB content pretty regularly though, I actually only checked the forums recently too see if some of the OGs were still around lol