• 100 results
paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By paulmako

After looking at my profile history trying to find a forum post about Tomb Raider, I thought of a silly game that might be amusing.

Go to your profile by clicking on your avatar in the top right of the page (top left on mobile), navigate to the forum section, and find your first post. Don't worry if it's only a few weeks ago or something, it's still the past! Copy as much of the post you like to share here. Yes, this will make you feel old. I'll go first. Oh Kinect...

---

4 years, 19 days ago

Topic: Skyrim Actually Getting Kinect Voice Support

My post: "I think this looks good. It shows Kinect being used smartly. Perhaps because it's just voice commands and not waving everywhere."

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By oraknabo

The oldest post of mine here is only 6 years old. I'd love to see my comments from the blog Ryan set up before they launched the full site or my early posts from the original incarnation of the forums.

I should try the wayback machine.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

6 years, 22 days ago

Topic: Top 5 Badasses (IMO)

My post: "^ so awesome"

Apparently some dude above me posted a video of Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza, and I've yet to play a Yakuza game. I really jumped into the deep end with opinions here. Looks like early on I spent a bunch of time posting in some Progressive Rock post.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

5 years, 10 months ago

Topic: Welcome to Giant Bomb: E3 2010 Edition

My post: "So excited."

Yup... my guess is it may have been for a quest. Can't remember if 2010 was a good E3 or not either.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By SSully

6 years, 8 months ago

Topic: MAG Online Community

Posting my PSN info for the online community.

Looking at my old posts they aren't nearly as embarrassing as what I used to post in System Wars, but still some fucking garbage. For example:

Topic: We need more african americans devlopers in gamers (actual title, not misspelling)

My shitty response: "Are you joking? What difference would it make? Would San Andreas been more in touch with the streets if we had some "brothers" on the dev team?"

I just want to say "You are a fucking idiot" to my 17 year old self who wrote this.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

1 year, 11 months ago

@brackynews said:

VR BEEF!

They should fight it out in a VR courtroom. I recommend Phoenix Wright.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

About 7 years 9 months ago. It's a blog post when the site first launched commenting on what I thought. I liked it.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#12  Edited By BeachThunder

Apparently, this was my first post. I don't even remember writing it:

• World of Goo - I tried to get into this game several times. Each time I tried reminding myself of the praise that it received and each time I was completely baffled as to why anyone would think it was good, let alone great. To me it just seemed extremely poorly designed, bland and generally unfun.
  • Scribblenauts - I was one of those people who got caught up in the hype. I usually don't get caught up in hype, but this game seemed genuinely interesting. I was wrong - some awful level design, mostly ugly graphics, terrible controls, non-sensical object properties. overall, it seemed to value quantity over quality. I would say it was more of a sloppy interactive visual dictionary than a game.
  • Ocarina of Time - I haven't been able to get that far into it; it just generally doesn't interest me that much. The praise this game gets confuses me, especially considering that I find several other Zelda games to be much more interesting. For example, I would say A Link to the Past is many, many times better than OoT.
  • Kingdom Hearts series - The inclusion of Disney characters just seems so ridiculously jarring.
  • Guitar DJ Band Star Hero - I just don't...get...them. Simple as that.
  • Realistic driving games - Any of them. I'm not a huge fan of cartoony driving games either, but at least I can understand those. When it comes to realistic driving games though, I start getting a bit confused - they just seem like an excuse to show off realistic rendering and physics.
  • Games in generic medieval fantasy settings - I have a hard time enjoying games where the setting is so uninspired.

That's all for now.

From this thread.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmm, and interesting enough i finally beat this game on pc just last month lol, i think this was a major reason i never got into it for so long. Also never got the 360 version to work.

#5 Posted by OurSin_360 (2623 posts) - 3 years, 1 month ago

Anybody else download this? Figured i would try the game out and see if this on demand thing was any good, so far the damn game won't even work.

Tried Deleting cache (both hdd and market place) and re-downloading, twice... still freezes, usually during the character create screen.

So did i just get scammed out of 20 bux or is there a fix? Anybody else get the game this way or am i the only one?

Also, whats up! Guess this is my first post here lol

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

someone should make their first post here.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#15  Edited By jacksukeru

It was 7 years and 9 months ago. I recanted what my entire history with the Mega Man games had been at the time in a general Mega Man thread. It was kind of dry and embarrassing so I'm not gonna repeat it.

Aside from using my language to try to convey an easy-going attitude not a lot has changed it seems. Then again I ducked out before coming across any contentious topics so maybe I just got lucky. I can definetly remember some posts I regret, but I'd like to think that they are outweighed by neutral or positive ones made in earnest while trying to remain diplomatic.

Hmm, there seems to be a lot of me stating my opinion on things and opening by first recounting my history with it. Sounds about right. Loads of yarns I recognize having probably repeated them a ton since then too.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

4 years ago in a thread about the Civil War factions in Skyrim.

Ryuku_Ryosake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was about 6 years years ago on the Nintendo 2010 Press Conference. I never thought I was the kind of person to use win like that but here we are. Now I really need to go back and watch those press conferences. Nintendo was evidently "killin' it" while MS didn't even show up to play.

#1 Posted by Ryuku_Ryosake (308 posts) - 5 years, 10 months ago

Nintendo was killin' it. I've never thought I'd hear those words come from my mouth. I have been debating on a 360 or a Wii. After seeing MS fail so hard and then Nintendo coming out with so much win. I think I'm getting a Wii. That hurt my soul just a little.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

My first post is from 7 years and 8 months ago. I helped someone with a puzzle in Penumbra Requiem.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently my oldest forum post is only from a year ago? Seems like I've been active on the forums for much longer than that.

It's just a post about the announcement that MGSV is coming to Steam, and that I'll need to see the system requirements to decide whether to get either a PS4, or a new GPU. I think my writing skills have only marginally improved since then, if at all. So there's nothing special about it.

Immunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

7 years, 9 months ago Topic: The Apocalypse of Choice

"Zombies, I know I played Resident Evil and Dead Rising for a reason."

I'm pretty sure that's the oldest you can get since this was likely posted shortly after launch. Followed Jeff from GameSpot, to the Arrow Pointing Down podcast, to now. It's been a fun ride. Also, that's a very long time ago, god dammit.

MikeRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MikeRD

5 years and 11 months ago I apparently felt it necessary to respond to a Pokemon related news article by Matt Kessler that claimed he was a huge fan of the series and played the original back in 1996. Why I felt compelled to comment that it didn't come out here until '98, I don't know, but he later edited the article to say he played it in '98.

You're all welcome for preventing such a disgrace in Giant Bomb news reporting.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

3 years, 9 months ago, I was signing up for the Guild Wars 2 Giant Bomb guild.

Kinda hard to believe how long ago that game came out. That also means my laptop is more than 3 years old. Maybe it's time to finally upgrade after all.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6 years, 7 months ago Giant Bomb had a giveaway for MAG beta keys. All you had to do was leave a comment on one of Brad's articles for a chance to get one. For some reason, I felt leaving the following comment would improve my odds.

If I do not receive a beta code then I will be forced to rend your flesh with flaming scimitars and eviscerate you with lances of ice! The hammers of my many armies will shatter your spines and necessitate extended stays at your local hospital! I will let loose my warhounds to ravage the lands of your fathers and mate with your house-pets! My ruby-bespangled halberd will cleave the bosoms of your buxom maidens! You will weep in fear as my battle standard approaches bringing with it skies of thunder and everlasting darkness!

Thanks, Bye!

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

7 years, 8 months ago. A thread about games you wish would make a comback.

For a long time I sort of wanted a new Jet Force Gemini game, but considering Rare's recent track record I think maybe I'm better off without it.

Still pretty accurate.

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

7 years and 9 months ago, I said in the "Are hamburgers sandwiches" thread that "The hamburger is the Arnold Schwarzenegger of sandwiches."

I am glad to see that this thread is still going strong.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the announcement of the Nintendownload X-press.

5 years, 3 months ago:

Mein gott. This is why I'm obsessed with Giant Bomb.

I like to imagine Jeff sitting in the corner of the office bathroom gleefully setting up a mic, quickly lowering his voice whenever Ryan walks by.

Now, if we can just make Whirl World a reality. I wanna hear some helicopter chat!

Still waiting on Whirl World, Jeff.

Can't believe how long I had waited to make my first post.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5 years, 6 months ago:

Does anyone know if the old rumor of ESV being online is true? I remember a long time ago a rumor saying Bethesda gained rights to a url which implied such.

I am very glad old me was still focused on Elder Scrolls.

The next few posts by me are me frantically trying to solve a support issue linking my Xbox Live account and my Giant Bomb profile. Back when achievements defined who you are.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't. It's too embarrassing. I typed like a savage.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5 years, 10 months ago, Yakuza 4 Heading To America Next Year

I didn't really like the demo for Yakuza 3 so I probably won't like this much either.

Kinda funny since I'm now a Yakuza superfan. j/k Yakuza sucks I was right

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't. It's too embarrassing. I typed like a savage.

You know we can just look it up ourselves, right?

In fact, I just did. Wow, that's ugly stuff!

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

4 years, 11 months ago:

Hey everyone, how's it going? I'm The_Nubster (stupid I know, but it holds sentimental value, I don't think it's clever or anything). I joined because, well, the computer is a lonely place and Google can only answer so many questions.

I like videogames, and I pour almost all of the money I make into it. I own all three current gen consoles, a decent PC, and both major handhelds. I love to experience every game I can get my hands on. Games that are ambitious and unique are, for me, leagues better than polished copy/paste games. I chose Giantbomb because it's honest. Watching the Giantbomb crew do Quick Looks or hearing their podcasts feels like sitting on the couch with friends, having a few drinks and having a great time.

Note the emphasis on honest. It's a bit smarmy overall, but it isn't too different from how I feel now. Just, you know, smarmier.

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6 years, 4 months ago

Best Soundtrack: Brütal Legend
Best Co-Op: Borderlands
Best Fighter: Street Fighter IV
Biggest suprise: Wolverine (yeah, I loved it)
Best Game(s) (I have trouble picking just one): MW2, Borderlands and Arkham Asylum

God, I should play Wolverine Origins again...

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Hah. Seven years, nine months ago, and I'm asking if Jagged Alliance 3, a new XCOM, and a new Al Lowe project are in the works. My second post is me complaining that the nearest Del Taco is over a hundred miles away. This all sounds exactly like me.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Aegon

7 years and 15 days ago from Jeff's thread: Is Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Coming To PS3/360?

Can someone explain to me please...what does haagen daz, pringles, a princess, the absence of a curley mustache, MvC and the suckage of the Knicks all have to do with each other?

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By probablytuna

My first post is also my first forum thread I made... about that damn Red Dead Redemption button switcheroo. Good times were had.

Edit: Woops I was looking at the # posted next to my name rather than the date, which would've been the Kick-Ass movie thread. Kinda weird that the first post I had on a video game website is about a movie.

Man, I gotta say, the scene when Hit-Girl enters the D'Amico building and shoots all the mobsters in the lobby. That was the scene that made the film for me. The background music taken from For A Few Dollars More was so cleverly used! It was so awesome! I loved the majority of the film apart from some minor parts which they altered from the comic book to suit the nature of films. The differences between the two medium made was great I reckon, as I didn't know what to expect towards the final third of the film.

I haven't gone back and watched Kick-Ass but I remember it fondly, especially after reading the comic. From this thread if anyone else wants a trip down memory lane.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool idea for a thread. Here's mine:

Posted by SpaceInsomniac (4935 posts) - 7 years, 9 months ago

Wow, there's actually a Rocket Jockey page!

Thought I'd test how extensive this database is at the start, and sure enough, there's a page for one of my favorite little-known PC titles. I'd kill to see a sequel for this game. Anyone else remember Rocket Jockey?

That was also my first thread. Technically, my first post was in a thread that doesn't exist anymore. And that would be this:

Yes, several people seem to be here, and I am one of them. Hello.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oldest comment is 6 years 11 months ago. Something forgettable about the FF13 localization coming sooner.

I regret looking at some posts past that though. Kinda fuck 7 years ago me. I forgot how much of an obnoxious internet prick I could be back then.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

I regret looking at some posts past that though. Kinda fuck 7 years ago me. I forgot how much of an obnoxious internet prick I could be back then.

I feel like a lot of people feel the same way and I don't think this should be a bad thing, it just means we have changed as people naturally do. It would be worse if we read back the things we've written seven years ago and find that not much has changed.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Zeik

@zeik said:

I feel like a lot of people feel the same way and I don't think this should be a bad thing, it just means we have changed as people naturally do. It would be worse if we read back the things we've written seven years ago and find that not much has changed.

Maybe, but the worst part is realizing that wasn't even my low point. I'm real glad I don't have any archives of my years at Gamefaqs.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By Mister_V
audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Net Neutrality is Dead, 5 years, 5 months ago.

This is yet another complex issue because it delves into a "necessary" product arena. Access to the internet has become as critical a part of everyday life as vehicular or aeronautical transportation.

I believe that companies should have the freedom to provide the services, and at such prices, as they deem appropriate. That is integrated into the foundation of America. Freedom of speech, press, business. Just as a corporation is free to set exorbitant prices, so we are free to shop elsewhere. Demand drives prices, and prices drive demand; the basis of capitalism. The problem appears when a select few control the entire market, and there is no outside price pressure. Such is the case with the oil, airline, and ISP industries. Now, bringing in governmental "iron fist" tactics is the usual method of breaking down this hint of communism, but this is simply a case of market control being handed from the business to the government.

The only way to truly combat this issue is for new competition to be introduced into the market, and for consumers to take action. Wal-Mart falls when people stop merely complaining about it, and actually start shopping elsewhere.

Eh, I'm OK with that. Syntax is off though.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

First post was 7 years, 9 months ago. Some topic that I made trying to report/figure out some weird kink/bug with user reviews at the time apparently.

Avatar image for anonymous_jesse
Anonymous_Jesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.giantbomb.com/marvel-heroes-2016/3030-35003/forums/i-can-t-play-anybody-having-this-error-1439699/

I wonder if he/she ever got that to work.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

My oldest post is from 6 years and 7 months ago and it was a post in the Things you're sad you won't get to see in your lifetime thread.

"It makes me sad that I will never see the original (Appetite For Destruction) lineup of GN'R come back together again."

At least my comment came somewhat true.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Came here 7 years 9 months ago to give my hot take on the mario series:

#9 Posted by Otacon (2280 posts) - 7 years, 9 months ago

Mario Favorite Mario Game?

I'm going to say Super Mario Bros 3 but it's actually close to Galaxy.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4