Tips for buckling down and getting my homework done?

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Bulldog19892

I've always got a bunch of homework to do, but I always have a hard time sitting down and getting it done. Anybody got any tips to make it easier to buckle down?

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Bulldog19892

I've always got a bunch of homework to do, but I always have a hard time sitting down and getting it done. Anybody got any tips to make it easier to buckle down?

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I have the same problem. Actually, doing homework while typing this. XD

I usually wait really late to do it, then punch through it cause I know I'll be fucked if I dont.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#3  Edited By JackiJinx

Turn off your computer for one thing. For another, go to a new place to get things done, even if that means traveling to your library to sit down and get things done. That works for me, except when it comes to my programming assignments. After all, can't get much work done with the computer on or off, can I?

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bulldog19892
TheGTAvaccine said:
I usually wait really late to do it, then punch through it cause I know I'll be fucked if I dont."
Exactly. It makes things incredibly stressful. It sucks even more in college because you have a week to do the homework before the next class so it's easy to misjudge how much time you actually have. Worst part is, I have a speech to write for Thursday, and I fucking hate speeches.
Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bulldog19892
JackiJinx said:
"Turn off your computer for one thing. For another, go to a new place to get things done, even if that means traveling to your library to sit down and get things done. That works for me, except when it comes to my programming assignments. After all, can't get much work done with the computer on or off, can I?"
That's actually a damn good idea.
Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Black_Raven

I know how you feel, but i doubt your as bad as me, I've potentially failed this year because i was to lazy (i think that's what it is) to sit down and do my study. I had to sit in an economics exam for 3 hours and hardly knew how to do any of it because I pretty much left it to the night before the exam to sit and try and read through a 400 page economics book. I think there's something wrong with me cause i cant even stay at school for the full length of time without going home during lunch just to get away. I think the best thing you can do is turn of your PC, TV and all that stuff and before you start working set a goal for how much you want done in what length of time and don't stop till your finished. And if you feel like stopping just picture the day you get the results and how bad it would feel to fail.....that what I'm thinking :(

Manks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Manks

I have the same problem.  I might try the library method, thanks JackiJinx.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By wollywoo

Ughhh I hate it when ancient threads are bumped because I end up writing responses only to find out it's no longer relevant. But I already went to the trouble of writing this so I may as well post it:

I usually leave the house in order to study or work. Too many distractions at home. Also, when I got to a specific place in order to work it's somehow psychologically easier to work - you came there with the specific purpose of working, so your brain goes into work mode easier. I usually go to a coffee place. I like a few people around and some ambient noise rather than total silence and isolation, even if I don't talk to anyone.

If you have to use a computer to work, and you are too easily distracted by the Internet, I recommend getting an extension like BlockSite for Chrome where you can blacklist certain web sites at times so that you won't be tempted to go there. Weirdly it works for me sometimes, as I tend jump to certain web sites almost by instinct and the extension stops me before I get too distracted.

Forming study groups can help too. It's also a good way to meet people, although if you get along a little too well it's easy to socialize instead of studying.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, remember 11 years ago when all of us on the forums were in the 5th grade and had to worry about getting our homework done? Good times. We’ve all been through so much together.

kappa143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What saved me from failing engineering studies first year was to get someone to take my computer and TV, so there were no distractions in my apartment. Either you studied or stared into the wall. I still had a smartphone but on the lowest plan for internet, so you had to save it for when you really needed it.

After a year of this, I took my computer back and had a whole new perspective on life and such and could study with it without it being a problem. Highly recommend it.

Being a person that has an addictive personality, I substituted internet/gaming obsession with grade obsession.

Now, I have an electrical engineering degree which I now I would not have had otherwise.

I know this is not a solution for everyone but it sure as heck worked for me.

DanTatara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DanTatara

essayhave said:

I hated German homework. My dad was a military man and I had to study hard not to disappoint him. And even then, when I wrote something in German, I always missed those "umlaut" signs.

Yeah, "umlaut" signs are tricky ;) I remember my German homework too (nostalgic) and still here's my favorite German word (kidding):

Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungs