Tips for everyday activities thread.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

You learn all kinds of things from people. When it ends up making things easier, whether it has to do with food, media consumption, or productivity, it feels good. Ryan always had tips on the bombcast when it came to cooking, grilling, etc. Here you can participate and add to a pool of tips for efficiency in life activities.

This might be a lame one, but it works out purty good. If you spilled a bit of plain water, just mop it up with your socks.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

If you're planning to deep fry something and don't know if the oil is ready, you could put a cooked grain of rice in the oil. If it bubbles up, rises, and begins to cook the oil is ready. You can also take a wooden spatula or any cooking tool that has a wooden handle, dip the handle in the oil and if there are bubbles on the surface of the wood, the oil should be ready.

Also it always best to have a partner when performing a Dutch Rudder ;p

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Pressing Alt + F4 on the keyboard a bunch of times really fast speeds up your PC by 20%.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If you re-use your towels, always dry your ass crack with the same spot on the towel, and try not to dry your face with that spot. Unless you're into that sort of thing.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

try and plan your poops before your showers that way you get optimal anal cleanliness

TheRookie727

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By falserelic

I guess I can share some tips..

- If you run out of shaving cream then use soap (Worked for me)

- Drinking lots of water can clean out the toxins in your body, and help with weight loss. (I water fasted for a year I would know)

- If you can't get into a gym, then improvise and workout at home for 30 minutes or more, fitness youtube vids helps too.

Hell do a ghetto workout if you have too.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you guys seriously are going to start a 'Hints from Heloise' thread I think it's time to just burn this place to the ground and start over.

What is wrong with you? Stop it.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon said:

@markwahlberg said:

If you guys seriously are going to start a 'Hints from Heloise' thread I think it's time to just burn this place to the ground and start over.

What is wrong with you? Stop it.

Sorry I was cranky yesterday. MarkWahlberg's super special apology tip: if you're making homemade pizza, put the dough in the oven for a couple minutes before you add the ingredients. That way the tomato paste/whatever doesn't leech in and get it all soggy or whatever.

J_00700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can never really drink too much water.

Lots of people only drink water when they FEEL thirsty, but actually your supposed to drink a certain amount of water everyday, whether your thirsty or not.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HerbieBug

It is very worthwhile to take the time to learn how to make a good omelette. Not just your once a month slap together jobby that you overcook every time because you've never bothered to learn how to do it right. I mean go watch the Julia Child classic french omelette video on youtube and buckle down and get it right. The rewards you will garner in future for having this technique in your skillset are numerous. :)

If it takes more than 90 seconds to cook your omelette you have failed and are now making gross rubbery trash that no amount of added cheese can recover.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@j_00700 said:

Lots of people only drink water when they FEEL thirsty, but actually your supposed to drink a certain amount of water everyday, whether your thirsty or not.

And I saw on television a few months back that you only need to drink water when you're thirsty, and people get most of the water that they need from the food they eat. They also said that many doctors only stress the importance of water because a lot of other beverages are bad for you.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Swallowing prevents acne. :p

... too far?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Swallowing prevents acne. :p

... too far?

Swallowing pills, right?

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clenching your junk muscles while taking a leak (to the point of repeatedly cutting off and restarting the flow) will eventually allow you to do some interesting things in your love life.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a995178e28eb
deactivated-5a995178e28eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

learn math so you can do shit.

Zoeytrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the ladies/metrosexuals: Don't waste money on expensive "leave-in" conditioner. It's literally just regular-ass conditioner that's been watered down a little bit. Get a travel-size shampoo bottle and make your own, yo.

thesquarepear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By thesquarepear

@j_00700 said:

Except for water poisoning.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@rick_fingers said:

Clenching your junk muscles while taking a leak (to the point of repeatedly cutting off and restarting the flow) will eventually allow you to do some interesting things in your love life.

Your internal urinary sphincter (cutting urine flow off) closes automatically during ejaculation...so that's redundant.
You probably mean training your cavernose/spongious mucsles.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

if you have your butt surgically removed, you won't have to poop anymore.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#26  Edited By audioBusting

Echoing others' water drinking tips, a common cause of headaches is dehydration. Drink enough water to prevent headaches! (Water poisoning is a risk, so don't drink a crazy amount like a litre per hour)

Laundry mesh bags aren't just great for keeping socks together, they can be used to calm cats down! Just cover your cat with the bag. I saw this used by those public pest control workers to catch wild cats. This can come in handy when you want to put them in a carrier or something.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadlydog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j_00700: WOO i drink like 64 ounces a day!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

When looking for mods click every download button you see until your computer stops working. When that happens the mod will start to install.

Zoeytrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irvandus said:

When looking for mods click every download button you see until your computer stops working. When that happens the mod will start to install.

Brad-tested, Vinny-approved!