TMZ reporting Paul Walker died in a car crash today

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

@mb said:

I was furious when I saw how fast all the stupid Facebook comments were spreading.

I see what you did there.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I thought this was one of the more Bret Easton Ellis tweets of the last 10 years:

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@nmc2008 said:

Never seeing any of the F&F movies I don't know him too well as an actor, but it's a damn shame he went out this way and this early.

RIP.

He was not a good actor at all.

He was also the greatest actor of our generation.

Summed up perfectly.

RIP Paul. You left too soon.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I feel like I need to watch/rewatch all of the Fast and Furious movies, especially now that I'm at a time in my life where I can enjoy dumb fun movies for what they are, rather than be all cynical and negative because they celebrate drifting and street racing and cars I don't like and guys who get pretty women stuff like that.

Bummed out about the fact he's gone. The FnF movies won't be the same.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#55 FinalDasa  Moderator  Online

:(

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

2013 can eat a dick. So many great people that I liked died. God damn man. Just awful.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pseg said:

I feel like I need to watch/rewatch all of the Fast and Furious movies, especially now that I'm at a time in my life where I can enjoy dumb fun movies for what they are, rather than be all cynical and negative because they celebrate drifting and street racing and cars I don't like and guys who get pretty women stuff like that.

Bummed out about the fact he's gone. The FnF movies won't be the same.

Right there with you. Gonna dedicate a night this week to just watching the Fast and Furious movies.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

STOP TAKING AWAY EVERYTHING I LOVE 2013.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Wow.. That's stupid. I watched Fast and Furious 6 like two nights ago and actually liked it. I haven't enjoyed a FnF movie since the first one. Him all setup with Mia and the baby. I was actually interested in the next movie.

And then this crap. That's just dumb weird. And he wasn't even driving. And it was a charity event? wtf. Feels like some cruel workings in this world. After years and years, I actually take interest in the series and actors.. and then one of the core two original actors dies a day or two later. Somethin.

Paul needs NOS.. make it two.. and make it the big ones.

RIP man.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By vaiz

Wow.. That's stupid. I watched Fast and Furious 6 like two nights ago and actually liked it. I haven't enjoyed a FnF movie since the first one. Him all setup with Mia and the baby. I was actually interested in the next movie.

And then this crap. That's just dumb weird. And he wasn't even driving. And it was a charity event? wtf. Feels like some cruel workings in this world. After years and years, I actually take interest in the series and actors.. and then one of the core two original actors dies a day or two later. Somethin.

RIP man.

Did you watch 5? Cause that one's pretty good too. Basically the moment the Rock became a thing in the series, it became a good series.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like someone said on Jeff's Tumblr, this is what happens when give your year over to Luigi.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, '94 was rougher.

RIP road ghosts.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Seikenfreak

@punkxblaze: Yea I've seen them all. I guess 5 was okay. Thought The Rock was a little cheesy in it. But after 6 man.. I had a grin on my face for like an hour gushing about it to my friend who hasn't cared about any of them since the first either. And seeing them back at the old house.. Ugh I could tear up thinkin about it now.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@seikenfreak said:

RIP man.

Did you watch 5? Cause that one's pretty good too. Basically the moment the Rock became a thing in the series, it became a good series.

Imo Fast 6 > Fast 5, it's amazingly stupid.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#65  Edited By liquiddragon

This really sucks. Still remember when I went to see The Fast and the Furious.

If anyone wants to see one of his movies in his memory, check out Running Scared. It is FUCKING BADASS!!.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to be a real dusty theater when I'm watching Fast 7

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seikenfreak: Man, I looooove me some cheesy Rock tho.

@korwin: Oh definitely, 6 is the better dumb movie, but 5 was a big step up.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did they already Film Fast 7? Cause man, its going to be real bitter sweet watching him do crazy shit in cars in that movie.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Glad the had another good FF movie in the can unlike a good Simpsons season or Sopranos movie or Velvet Underground CD

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did they already Film Fast 7? Cause man, its going to be real bitter sweet watching him do crazy shit in cars in that movie.

They're filming it right now. I'd be curious to know if Paul's scenes were completed or not.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They were still filming.

Avatar image for roarimadinosaur
RoarImaDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck man. I wonder if he was driving a Datsun.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By korwin

Filming was started in September, I doubt they had wrapped up principle photography.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first movie started like 30 minutes ago on Bravo if anybody wants to watch it.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For all the ribbing I gave those movies, as a car guy I loved the Fast & Furious series.

Sad to see him gone.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping to see him in a movie that wasn't Fast and the Furious at some point.. Sucks, really. RIP.

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfgame

:

everyone reacts to death differently. Not everyone gets somber and upset over it. Especially if it's someone that has in no way affected their life personally. Not to say I'd talk shit about someone passing though, just pointing stuff out.

My only problem with the jokes is how the majority of people on this site reacted with violent backlash when anyone used similar dark humor in the wake of Ryan's passing but will now be doing their best to think up a pun related to fast and furious.

But yeah people need to realise there's different ways of handling death.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

God, damn it.

RIP PW, I drink to you tonight bro.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping to see him in a movie that wasn't Fast and the Furious at some point.. Sucks, really. RIP.

I suggest watching Joy Ride or Flags of Our Fathers in this case.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Seikenfreak
Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@blu3v3nom07 said:

I suggest watching Joy Ride or Flags of Our Fathers in this case.

Oh, I've seen Joy Ride. I haven't seen that second one, though.. I'll take it.

I'll look into getting that released Joy Ride blu-ray sooner than later, then.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By DukesT3

Time for a FF marathon. Fucking shit, if you want to see an underrated Paul Walker film check out Running Scared. Pretty decent and intense film.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is some bullshit man ... : '(

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

@freshbandito said:

@everettescott said:

@wolfgame

:

everyone reacts to death differently. Not everyone gets somber and upset over it. Especially if it's someone that has in no way affected their life personally. Not to say I'd talk shit about someone passing though, just pointing stuff out.

My only problem with the jokes is how the majority of people on this site reacted with violent backlash when anyone used similar dark humor in the wake of Ryan's passing but will now be doing their best to think up a pun related to fast and furious.

I mean, these are the giantbomb.com forums, not the paulwalker.com forums. Surely you can see the difference. I'm sure on Paul Walker related websites that sort of thing would be far less tolerated.

And hey, look, it's obviously sad when anyone dies before their time, but his death doesn't change how ludicrous those movies are.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freshbandito said:

@everettescott said:

@wolfgame

:

I mean, these are the giantbomb.com forums, not the paulwalker.com forums. Surely you can see the difference. I'm sure on Paul Walker related websites that sort of thing would be far less tolerated.

And hey, look, it's obviously sad when anyone dies before their time, but his death doesn't change how ludicrous those movies are.

More like how Ludacris they are. Am I right? Huh? OW OWWWWW.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Damn, had no idea he had a 15 year old daughter :(

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevin_cogneto said:

@freshbandito said:

@everettescott said:

@wolfgame

:

More like how Ludacris they are. Am I right? Huh? OW OWWWWW.

That wasn't even intentional, I promise.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#89  Edited By spraynardtatum

Oh man that's terrible. RIP Paul Walker.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm no professional fastandfuriousman, seeing as that the last one I saw was 2, but I love that it's a franchise that's seven films deep for no good reason (and apparently it's gone completely batshit insane). I wonder if this will put a halt to the series...

i Might finally marathon them all in tribute. I put Paul Walker on the same pedestal as Nic Cage; an actor that I wouldn't ever call "good", but is easily as entertaining as the best because they embrace it.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

My buddy just texted me this less than an hour ago. We talk about him at work regularly, kind of as an inside joke but because we really enjoy his movies. I couldn't fucking believe it and was hoping it was a hoax. But man...this is a fucking bummer. What a terrible way to end the year. RIP Paul Walker.

Can't wait for F&F7. It will be bittersweet for sure and will likely actually be the last one now.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@shagge said:

I'm no professional fastandfuriousman, seeing as that the last one I saw was 2, but I love that it's a franchise that's seven films deep for no good reason (and apparently it's gone completely batshit insane). I wonder if this will put a halt to the series...

i Might finally marathon them all in tribute. I put Paul Walker on the same pedestal as Nic Cage; an actor that I wouldn't ever call "good", but is easily as entertaining as the best because they embrace it.

Dude it's pretty much the only modern action movie franchise that's still fun, to me, in like the 80's-90's dumb action movie kind of way. Give it a shot.

Tokyo Drift is hilarious and the rest of the movies are a lot of fun too. I've liked it a lot as its gone past 2.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#93  Edited By Sooperspy

It's so ironic how he died knowing his film career, but it's still a very sad thing to hear. Watching Joy Ride tonight in his honor.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

Nic Cage can be a good actor. He's won an Academy Award and has been nominated for one as well. The thing about Nic Cage is that he had some serious financial problems and started taking literally any role thrown his way. Nic Cage is a real good actor.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By musubi

I'd just like to point out that the charity Paul was active in was Reach Out World Wide. A charity that takes skilled volunteers and helps get first responders into disaster areas. Paul founded the charity in 2010 when he went to Haiti after the earthquakes. You can donate here: https://www.roww.org/donate

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I met him once. Thoroughly genuine guy. Talked to him for a good 15 or 20 minutes about all kinds of dumb shit. I even asked him what people thought about how they thought he wasn't a great actor and he replied with a chuckle and said "unfortunately, we can't all be Bobby de Niro, but at least I get to drive fast sometimes." He took it in stride, knowing that he was blessed to be in the position he was in and thoroughly enjoyed his craft, even if he wasn't a master of it. We did talk about the craft of acting, though, and he had said he was ready to get into some more serious roles with some real weight to them. He spoke with passion about it.

It's always sad to see someone that genuine leave this planet.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#97  Edited By TheBluthCompany

@phatmac: WE WOULDN'T HAVE THESE PROBLEMS IF IT WAS THE YEAR OF YOSHI NOW WOULD WE?

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Fuck, man. It's really sad news. I've always enjoyed the F&F movies, and in some weird way respected them for balancing the stupid ridiculousness with actually good entertainment onscreen.

I mean, the fondness Jeff and Ryan would speak about the F&F movies is how I feel about them. And Walker has been a big part of those films.

I thought he was legitimately great in 'Running Scared', too. Thought that was a pretty good movie.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

This is devastating news. Those movies were the foundation of my upbringing.

elpurplemonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfgame said:

I'd personally avoid the low hanging fruit, a life was taken away people. If that human life has comedic value to take a punch at a film series he did to make a living then we have very different ideas of how to respect those who have died under horrific circumstances.

Well said. While it is true that some people use humor to cope, it is way too goddamn soon to be doing that without being a disrespectful scumbag. While his movies were goofy, they were exceptionally enjoyable and his role in them brought a lot of people joy, myself included. He will be sorely missed.

Side note- fuck this year in its fucking face.