Gears of War 2 Likes & Dislikes
What I liked about the game
- The story: Bigger, longer, deeper and sometimes emotional.
- Epic in every way: You actually feel like you're a part of the COG now as they fight the Locust Horde, instead of an Army of Two (pun intended).
- Gameplay is still solid: You don't mess with success.
- Great original soundtrack: Very underrated. One of the best this year.
What I disliked about the game
- Some Acts were downright ridiculous: Slicing up arteries? Four hearts? Waste of an Act if you ask me.
- Final boss battle was a joke: Made me miss good ol' Raam.
- The walls are still sticky: Thought they would've fixed that problem from the first game. Still tremendously frustrating.
- Uneven weapons in online play: Underpowered shotgun and overpowered chainsaw on the Lancer.
The LowdownShocked? Appalled? Yeah, I thought you would be. I'll admit that Gears 2 had a much better story than it's predecessor, albeit some strange and downright ridiculous parts thrown into the mix. I never thought I'd be playing a lite version of Trauma Center within a Gears of War game. However, Gears 2's epic presentation was something to behold. This time around, I actually felt like I was a part of something big, fighting alongside other COG soldiers for the preservation of Humanity. Act 2 comes to mind immediately when I think about this full-scale war against the Locust Horde. However, I'm rather disappointed with the online in this game, not only because of the uneven weapons, but also because it didn't suck me in as much as the first game did. In my opinion, there were much better online games released this year. Now, don't get me wrong, even though Gears of War 2 is #8 on the Top 10, it still was a very good and enjoyable game. Don't blame me for it's positioning, blame 2008 for being so awesome.
The Countdown So Far10. Fable II
9. SmackDown vs. Raw 2009
8. Gears of War 2