Trade in or eBay?

Oblivian92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Oblivian92

I want to sell my used Polar White DS Lite and some games but I don't know if I should sell it on eBay or trade it in to Gamestop. I'm going out today so I'll check and see what their trade in values are but I don't know what I should do with my import games if I trade everything else in. They have a deal right now that when you trade in hardware you get an extra $20 (And when you trade in 4 games you get an extra 20%). I'd be trading in A DS Lite, Guitar Hero On Tour (with guitar grip), The World Ends With You, Fire Emblem Scared Stones (GBA), and Theme Park. My imports are Jump Ultimate Stars, Daigasso Band Brothers DX, and (Moerro Neketsu Rhythm Damashi) Osu Tatakae Ouendan 2. Ebay or trade ins and if eBay, anyone interested?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

You'll get a better deal on eBay, but trade in is more convenient. It depends if you can be bothered to eBay it or not.

Oblivian92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Oblivian92

Well I sell stuff on eBay all the time but one day i sold a phone for $145.55 and then 3 days later I sold the exact same phone with everything eactly the same (I had two of the same phones) and I got $83. I don't want to have the latter happen again.

Oblivian92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Oblivian92

C'MON! HALP MEH

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ahriman22

I would trade it in, bad run-ins with eBay and since i trade-in so much, that one guy at EB gives me the occasional discount.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Go to www.Gametz.com (this isn`t an ad :P) I trade there every now and then. The community is very helpful and kind, you can trade your ds for some games or anything else on there.

Oblivian92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Oblivian92

I'm saving up for a PS3 (don't hate or I kill you, I already have a 360) so trading games wouldn't work for me.

Oblivian92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Oblivian92
ahriman22 said:
"I would trade it in, bad run-ins with eBay and since i trade-in so much, that one guy at EB gives me the occasional discount."
I know everyone at my Gamestop. The manager is awesome. Once when I got Phantom Hourglass, he said that if they still had some of the preorder art cell bonus's by the end of the moonth, I could have one. He called saying he ran out but he gave me the standee intead. It's a nice one and about 4 or so feet tall.
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ahriman22
Oblivian92 said:
"ahriman22 said:
"I would trade it in, bad run-ins with eBay and since i trade-in so much, that one guy at EB gives me the occasional discount."
I know everyone at my Gamestop. The manager is awesome. Once when I got Phantom Hourglass, he said that if they still had some of the preorder art cell bonus's by the end of the moonth, I could have one. He called saying he ran out but he gave me the standee intead. It's a nice one and about 4 or so feet tall."
Gamestop/EB games employees are so cool. At least most of them. One of them, so fat guy who looked like he hated life did this:
Me: "Uh, can I have GTA: SA please?
Him: *looks at me* "Do you have a parent for permission?"
Me: *Blank stare* "What? I bought something even worse from the dude standing next to you, do i look like gamer who doesn't know my ratings?"
Him: "You still need a parent with you." (And I look 20)
Me: *Brings mom in* "Can i have the damn game now?"
Him: *Looks at mom* " I said parent not sister, I'm not stupid"
Me & Mom: "What?"
Me: " Yes you're fucking stupid. She is my mother you fat idiot. *Mom shows ID*. Happy?"
Him: *Panic* "Oh, I'm so sorry. Here."
Me 2 mom: "Fucking dumbass"\

At least he's gone now, god I hate him.
Oblivian92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Oblivian92

How old are you really? Shouldn't you have an ID?

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By roofy

trade in.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ahriman22
Oblivian92 said:
"How old are you really? Shouldn't you have an ID?"
15. Don't judge, it's complicated.
Oblivian92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Oblivian92
ahriman22 said:
"Oblivian92 said:
15. Don't judge, it's complicated."
I'm not judging, just confused. At first I thought you were 20 and then I thought having your mom drive you somewhere was weird but then I realized you said you only  LOOKED 20. I was just confused.
gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#14  Edited By gla55jAw

I cant believe anyone would tell you to trade it in to gamestop/eb. they will RIP YOU OFF. i sell everything on ebay unless i can only get like $5 for it, then i trade it in. You will probably get less than $50 for you DS if you trade it in, Sell it on ebay, sell the games seperately, I've yet to have any problems and ive sold/bought over 150 things. set it for 3 day auctions and make sure you have paypal, serisouly make sure only to use paypal, also you can get all your shipping supplies for free at the post office or USPS.com. i personally use priority mail flat rate shipping envelops for the games, its $4.70 for shipping one of those, just get a box somewhere for the ds and the on tour and send those media mail.

good luck

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By CreamyGoodness

trade in ebay is a waste of time

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By SSbabel

If i were you id attempt to sell it on Ebay before i traded it in, you will never get a decent amount of money if you trade in.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ahriman22

Pretty much it's this way.
1. If you wan to get rid of it fast and bask in the greatness of the PS3, then EB is your way.
or
2. If you're willing to wait (And get robbed of  1000$) then go to Ebay.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Trade in is a waste.  Why don't you try Amazon's used market? You can see what the going rate is on amazon & sell at that rate. It will likely be higher than what you'll get at Gamestop. Gamestop is ridiculous on trade-in. I'd rather keep my stuff than basically give it away to them.

pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By pyromaniac

Sell it on Ebay...gamestop is a rip-off

Oblivian92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Oblivian92

I think I'm gonna trade in my ds and the 4 U.S. games to Gamestop and sell  my imports on eBay. GS has some good promotions going on right now so I'll use those.

Oblivian92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Oblivian92
gla55jAw said:
"

I cant believe anyone would tell you to trade it in to gamestop/eb. they will RIP YOU OFF. i sell everything on ebay unless i can only get like $5 for it, then i trade it in. You will probably get less than $50 for you DS if you trade it in, Sell it on ebay, sell the games seperately, I've yet to have any problems and ive sold/bought over 150 things. set it for 3 day auctions and make sure you have paypal, serisouly make sure only to use paypal, also you can get all your shipping supplies for free at the post office or USPS.com. i personally use priority mail flat rate shipping envelops for the games, its $4.70 for shipping one of those, just get a box somewhere for the ds and the on tour and send those media mail.

good luck

"
Not to be rude here but as stated beore I know how to use eBay. I already only do three day auctions, I ship prority using either boxes around the house or USPS boxes, I've had a  Paypal for years, and Ganestop USED to be a rip off. Now they have a TON of trade in promotions, I have their EDGE card, and they pay you more now. Seriously check their website for their current promotions, they have some good deals.
Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Blu_Magic

Ebay.

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By TimeWaffle

Ebay gamestop rips you off

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Gamestop is the biggest rip-off known to gaming kind.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
Oblivian92 said:
"gla55jAw said:
"

good luck

"
Not to be rude here but as stated beore I know how to use eBay. I already only do three day auctions, I ship prority using either boxes around the house or USPS boxes, I've had a  Paypal for years, and Ganestop USED to be a rip off. Now they have a TON of trade in promotions, I have their EDGE card, and they pay you more now. Seriously check their website for their current promotions, they have some good deals."
Have you looked at Amazon's used market yet?  It's better than ebay IMO.  No constant bidding wars or shilling, just a flat-out used price to sell it at. I've been using it for years.
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#26  Edited By wefwefasdf

I have had bad times with ebay. Whether is my fault or not I will never know so I would choose GameStop out of those two options.

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Shawn

Ebay, you get actually money, not in store credit -.-

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Shocker

Ebay for sure.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Clean
ahriman22 said:
"Oblivian92 said:
Eb is the most stupidiest videogame store you could go to. I hate them
Oblivian92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Oblivian92

I went to Gamestop to trade everything in and I got $308. About 150 more than expected. I now have enough to get my PS3 and a game but I'm not allowed to for 3 weeks cause I got in trouble.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By crunchUK

ebay. trade ins are just stupid

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ahriman22
Clean said:
"ahriman22 said:
"Oblivian92 said:
Eb is the most stupidiest videogame store you could go to. I hate them"
It's the only game store in Montreal and I don't want to look like a dumbass going to wal-mart. Plus, I can trade in with EB, albeit it not for much, it's better than nothing.
AndyWilliams24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By AndyWilliams24

I would say eBay, just give it a good listening, list it at the right time. You will be fine.

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Homer

Ebay will get you a lot more money.

Oblivian92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Oblivian92

I already made my decision. Like I said in my last post, I traded in my stuff to Gamestop and got $308.