training to be an MMA fighter #2

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By tunaburn

i will keep this short because i am tired as hell.

i went in and did jiu jitsu class. did a full hour non stop. then lifted weights. did 100 pounds dead lift sets. and then did 40 pounds circuits of about 8 reps in 8 different lifts. did that 6 times.

then did mma training for another 30 minutes. im sore.

tomorrow will be harder. mma grappling, lots of running and lifting, then full on mma sparring.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By tunaburn

i will keep this short because i am tired as hell.

i went in and did jiu jitsu class. did a full hour non stop. then lifted weights. did 100 pounds dead lift sets. and then did 40 pounds circuits of about 8 reps in 8 different lifts. did that 6 times.

then did mma training for another 30 minutes. im sore.

tomorrow will be harder. mma grappling, lots of running and lifting, then full on mma sparring.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Subjugation

Keep on keepin' on duder. Proceed to GSP levels of awesome, minus the Canadian-ness. Unless you are Canadian.

Roflwaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Roflwaffles

Deadlifts are good for MMA fighters, a strong posterior chain is essential for takedowns and other explosive moments.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By C0V3RT

Didn't I read that in the lead up to your first fight, you'd been scheduled for another fight a few weeks after your first? Did that one get cancelled?

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tunaburn

@C0V3RT said:

Didn't I read that in the lead up to your first fight, you'd been scheduled for another fight a few weeks after your first? Did that one get cancelled?

yea im sorry guys but i cancelled it. i dont want to focus on that right now. i need to better myself first. i want to be the best i can be. 4 months from now ill be back fighting regularly.

@Subjugation said:

Keep on keepin' on duder. Proceed to GSP levels of awesome, minus the Canadian-ness. Unless you are Canadian.

lol somehow i doubt ill ever be on the near level of one of the best pound for pound fighters ever.

@Roflwaffles said:

Deadlifts are good for MMA fighters, a strong posterior chain is essential for takedowns and other explosive moments.

thats what my trainer told me as well.