Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen teaser !!!

• 51 results
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Hamz

Thanks to ComicVine's twitter feed [LINK] I just came across the SuperBowl teaser trailer for the new Transformers film by Michael Bay. ComicVine has an article up about the teaser for anyone over there with an account to chat about [LINK]. But for those who want to see the teaser in some large HD version, check it out below!

Avatar image for toxicenchiliada
toxicEnchiliada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By toxicEnchiliada

AH AHA

Kylenc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Kylenc

Awesomeness

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4  Edited By albedos_shadow

Is that something from Beast Wars at 0:11?

Otherwise, it looks okay, I guess.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By BiggerBomb

Screw the haters, Transformers is one hell of a movie. I'm psyched for the sequel.

Awesome special effects + Megan Foxx = Win.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hamz
albedos_shadow said:
"Is that something from Beast Wars at 0:11?

Otherwise, it looks okay, I guess."
I believe that is Ravage, I remember hearing he/it was mean't to be a servant of Soundwave much like the Scorponok decepticon was to Blackout in the first film.

Overall it looks like it could be a really good film, that last scene with the rather large transformer on one wheel has me curious though. Just who exactly is that :P
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By get2sammyb

As awesome as that looked I hope they drop: the kooky and unfunny American humour, actually create a plot that doesn't involve cubes, focus on the Transformers and not "The Teenagers That Get Involved With The Transformers", actually inject the Transformer's with personalities like the original cartoons and.... nah... that should do the trick. Would be watchable then I suppose.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BiggerBomb
get2sammyb said:
"As awesome as that looked I hope they drop: the kooky and unfunny American humour, actually create a plot that doesn't involve cubes, focus on the Transformers and not "The Teenagers That Get Involved With The Transformers", actually inject the Transformer's with personalities like the original cartoons and.... nah... that should do the trick. Would be watchable then I suppose."

No one likes a xenophobe, sammyb. Don't be a hater! :O
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Pibo47
BiggerBomb said:
"Screw the haters, Transformers is one hell of a movie. I'm psyched for the sequel.

Awesome special effects + Megan Foxx = Win."
Agreed!
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jayge_
get2sammyb said:
"As awesome as that looked I hope they drop: the kooky and unfunny American humour, actually create a plot that doesn't involve cubes, focus on the Transformers and not "The Teenagers That Get Involved With The Transformers", actually inject the Transformer's with personalities like the original cartoons and.... nah... that should do the trick. Would be watchable then I suppose."
I don't think that'll ever happen. Both because Michael Bay is incapable of that, and because the first movie was pretty damn good without all that oldschool stuff.
suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By suneku

wow that video got taken down fast

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hamz
suneku said:
"wow that video got taken down fast"
New video up, get it while its hot!
TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By TomA

Dammit Shia Laboeuf or whatever his name is is in the movie again,i hate him so much.But i like the giant robot on what looks like a unicycle and the army guy is kool too.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14  Edited By kush

It looks alright I guess...

ferrarimanf355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ferrarimanf355
Miniman said:
"Megan Fox is the only reason that I am going to watch it."
... and the Decepticon who transforms into an Audi R8.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LiquidPrince

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#17  Edited By strangeling

I really hope it's better than the first one.  I'll give it a chance.

I'm a "hater" of the first film.

The whole thing kept giving me flashbacks to Armageddon (which I did like, eventhough it has its problems too), making it really hard for me to stay immersed in the movie.

There was one really funny part, but even that turned stupid fast.  That was the bit where they were "hiding" from what's-his-face's parents.  All the autobots parked in the backyard: funny.  All the autobots then causing an "earthquake" moving around pressing up against the side of the house avoiding the windows: stupid.  His parents were freaking out, trying to see what was going on.  What? Were all the neighbors out of town at the time?

And I'm embrassed to say this, but I just found out while checking on stuff before writing this, that who I thought was Soundwave in the first film is actually Frenzy.  I was going to add that I thought they must have dumbed down "soundwave" to entertain the kids, but then he says "oh shi..." right before blowing up.  I guess that could be another problem I have with it, it was difficult to tell who some of them were supposed to be.  Did they mention Frenzy by name, and I missed it?

But that means Soundwave could be in the new one, and that would (hopefully) rock.
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By mracoon

I liked the first one for the special effects and action sequences, if you're looking for something more you'll be very disappointed.

Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Thunder
get2sammyb said:
As long as i get to look at Megan Fox for two hours it will be a good movie
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#20  Edited By ZombiePie

Will the credits feature the original Transformers theme song? If not I'll still watch it, the last movie was just plain fun and a great summer movie.

P.S. Any news on a possible Unicron appearance (yes I am a bit of a Transformers fanboy)

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By jakob187

The first movie kicked all sorts of ass.  This movie will do exactly the same.  I'm fucking pumped!!!  Thank you for the info, Hamzor.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Willy105

It looks like the movie has a bigger budget, which could be a problem.

Michael Bay is known for abusing a budget into filling a whole movie with nonstop explosions and destruction. The first Transformers didn't have this problem since it was expensive enough to just animate Optimus Prime. This movie might be loud, obnoxious, and lack a good story.

But I still want to see some more of it.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LiquidPrince
SuperMooseman said:
"Awesome HD there, LiquidPrince. The trailer looks awesome, even though it doesn't reveal that much. Huge special effects here we come! I'm a fan of Shia LeBeouf, I think he's a good actor."
Me too. I think Shia is an awesome actor.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jakob187
LiquidPrince said:
"SuperMooseman said:
"Awesome HD there, LiquidPrince. The trailer looks awesome, even though it doesn't reveal that much. Huge special effects here we come! I'm a fan of Shia LeBeouf, I think he's a good actor."
Me too. I think Shia is an awesome actor."
I wouldn't go that far....
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LiquidPrince
jakob187 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"SuperMooseman said:
I wouldn't go that far...."
I would. He is one of my favorite actors, and he's hugely underrated. He can pull of comedy, emotion, serious action, the works. Ever movie he's been in recently has been gold.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jakob187
LiquidPrince said:
"jakob187 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"SuperMooseman said:
I would. He is one of my favorite actors, and he's hugely underrated. He can pull of comedy, emotion, serious action, the works. Ever movie he's been in recently has been gold."
Eagle Eye was nowhere close to gold.  Disturbia was a waste of time.  Transformers didn't involve acting - all he had to do was run and scream, say "shit" over and over, and then say "oh no noonononono this isn't good".  Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?  I won't even TOUCH that one (although I like the movie because I'm a sucker for Indy flicks).  His small and annoying roles in I, Robot and Constantine?  I think the only time I liked his "acting" was The Greatest Game Ever Played...and I enjoyed that movie more because the actual story behind it is fascinating to me (I'm a big golf fan), and Bill Paxton is an EXCELLENT director.  Other than that...I can't agree with you.  Oh well.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pause422

I can't believe this can turn into a debate of this, Shia LeBeouf is terrible, no way around it. I'll deal with this movie though for the good action scenes, and Megan Fox.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By weltal

I though the first one was... OK. I'll probably see this and think the same thing.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LiquidPrince
jakob187 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"jakob187 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"SuperMooseman said:
I would. He is one of my favorite actors, and he's hugely underrated. He can pull of comedy, emotion, serious action, the works. Ever movie he's been in recently has been gold."
Eagle Eye was nowhere close to gold.  Disturbia was a waste of time.  Transformers didn't involve acting - all he had to do was run and scream, say "shit" over and over, and then say "oh no noonononono this isn't good".  Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?  I won't even TOUCH that one (although I like the movie because I'm a sucker for Indy flicks).  His small and annoying roles in I, Robot and Constantine?  I think the only time I liked his "acting" was The Greatest Game Ever Played...and I enjoyed that movie more because the actual story behind it is fascinating to me (I'm a big golf fan), and Bill Paxton is an EXCELLENT director.  Other than that...I can't agree with you.  Oh well."
I loved everyone of those movies you mentioned except Disturbia.

Rivix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Rivix
pause422 said:
"I can't believe this can turn into a debate of this, Shia LeBeouf is terrible, no way around it. I'll deal with this movie though for the good action scenes, and Megan Fox."
Agreed.
I want my transformers to look like transformers. 
pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By pyromaniac

An aircraft carrier transformer..holy shit. I wonder how they kill that thing

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#33  Edited By Black_Rose

I think i just vomited.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LiquidPrince
Black_Rose said:
"I think i just vomited."
From joy right?

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35  Edited By Black_Rose
LiquidPrince said:
"Black_Rose said:
From joy right?"
I'm pretty sure it was for watching so much crap in such a short amount of time
destro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By destro

Looks dope. But so does G.I. Joe and First Year looks funny too. Im really looking forward for 2009 movies, it will definatlly be a good year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

destro said:
"But so does G.I. Joe."
I'd much rather see this G.I. Joe flick at least Destro has a metal mask in this one.

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#38  Edited By strangeling
Black_Rose said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Black_Rose said:
From joy right?"
I'm pretty sure it was for watching so much crap in such a short amount of time"
Blipverts?
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By serbsta

Looks pretty dope.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Milkman

Meh. The first one wasn't horrible. Seeing how most summer movie sequels are, this one might be.

Rapture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Rapture

just 4 Megan Fox, damn she's hot

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#42  Edited By Otacon
Miniman said:
"Megan Fox is the only reason that I am going to watch it."
Decent enough reason.
SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Looks great and you know what they say about Trilogies.  The second one is the best!  First one builds to the second, and the third has to end.  Second is all gravy.

err.... Not sure I really agree with that.  But I hope it's better then the first.  Which was decent!  So i think I might just but that DVD in and dust off my PS3.

insanegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By insanegamer

it looks good, i have hopes for this one and lets hope its better then the first one.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Illmatic

It's times like these that make me really appreciate not having a history of watching the show to bog my enjoyment of the movie. Aside from Beast Wars, I've never watched a single episode of Transformers so in turn I loved the first movie and it looks like I'll love this one too.

On a side note, never watched G.I. Joe and the movie looks incredibly awesome from the action scene side.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By get2sammyb
BiggerBomb said:
"get2sammyb said:

No one likes a xenophobe, sammyb. Don't be a hater! :O"
Nonononononononononononononono.

I'm not being a xenophobe. The movie would have been shit if it had a "kooky British sense of humour" too. It didn't work in the movie. It was awkward and embarassing to watch. Why do I want to see Transformers dancing about in a stereotype "misfit teenagers" back garden trying not to step on stereotype "uptight Dad's" newly laid garden path?

I'll give you that the movie had good special effects. I'll agree Megan Fox is a total hottie. But when compared to the original Transformers movie the whole experience was devoid of personality -- kids help Transformers and American army to save the world AGAIN; the Transformers themselves have ABSOLUTELY NO personality AT ALL and they pretty much dropped EVERYTHING about the original that made it a popular brand in the first place. We all know that "Spike" and "Daniel" from the original show WERE THE ABSOLUTE WORST THING ABOUT THE SHOW. Because they were annoying humans. So what do they do? Make a movie about Transformers that somehow has NOTHING to do with Transformers but instead cliche teenage characters.

It was a movie about some stereotypical characters placed in an unfleshed out sci-fi plot scenario with NONE of the original magic that made Transformers good in the first place APART from the voice of Optimus Prime.

It was an impressive technical feat but a horrible, horrible movie. Almost depressing when watched by someone who grew up on the original Transformers.

destro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By destro

Man, its almost IMPOSSIBLE to make this movie exactly like the original TV show. I was growing up with the original transformers and it didnt really interest me. Although i thought beast wars was totally awesome because it was animals transforming into robots and i just liked that idea better then trucks and cars transforming. However back on topic; obviously they could make movies more like the original show but why would you want to? thats shit most people have already sceen and know about. You want to see a movie that will surprise you and is completely diffrent from the original story. (which really isnt that far off in my opinion). Plus that movie came out in the millenium man, like fuckin year 2007or something i cant really remember. But do you honestly think they are going to take an early 90's TV show and keep it the exact same for a movie made in the year 2007? Hell no man. You know how much society has changed since then. If people were to watch a transformers movie now based of the 90's cartoon show it would be just..dumb and make no sense at all. More than half the movies made today are aimed for the kids/teenager age group. And they know NOTHING about the original transformers. Plus who would want to see a transformers movie where the robots have no "personality" as you say. That would be boring , they cant just have them sit there and fight and not have any feelings or personality. These are fucking high-tech robots with emotions and personality. The first movie was half-dec. The new one will also be half-dec.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By get2sammyb
destro said:
"Man, its almost IMPOSSIBLE to make this movie exactly like the original TV show. I was growing up with the original transformers and it didnt really interest me. Although i thought beast wars was totally awesome because it was animals transforming into robots and i just liked that idea better then trucks and cars transforming. However back on topic; obviously they could make movies more like the original show but why would you want to? thats shit most people have already sceen and know about. You want to see a movie that will surprise you and is completely diffrent from the original story. (which really isnt that far off in my opinion). Plus that movie came out in the millenium man, like fuckin year 2007or something i cant really remember. But do you honestly think they are going to take an early 90's TV show and keep it the exact same for a movie made in the year 2007? Hell no man. You know how much society has changed since then. If people were to watch a transformers movie now based of the 90's cartoon show it would be just..dumb and make no sense at all. More than half the movies made today are aimed for the kids/teenager age group. And they know NOTHING about the original transformers. Plus who would want to see a transformers movie where the robots have no "personality" as you say. That would be boring , they cant just have them sit there and fight and not have any feelings or personality. These are fucking high-tech robots with emotions and personality. The first movie was half-dec. The new one will also be half-dec."
Eh? You just described the Michael Bay movie. I said the new one DIDN'T have personality where the originals did.

I didn't expect them to remake the original cartoons at all. But I did expect them to keep elements of the originals that made it a success in the first place. One such element of that would be that the Transformers are actually like, you know, the main characters in the film.

Original Transformers had a lot of other stuff going on beneath the main plot; the constant power struggle between Megatron and Starscream with the latter ending up looking like a tool; Bumble Bee constantly trying to prove himself because of his obvious lack of size and power; Optimus the imperfect leader; the back-and-forth between Earth and Cybertron; Ultra Magnus being considered second-in-command when in reality everyone can tell he's not up to the job. Virtually every character in the original Transformers was given background, context and a personality. It's the clashes between them that made it so interesting to watch.

There are many, many nuances that made the original Transformers interesting and gave it depth, character and I believe popularity. You actually CARED about the Transformers (even the Decepticons).

The new movie lost ALL of that and replaced it with stereotypical sci-fi, cliche characters and embarassing "humour".

Again I'll say, from a technical standpoint the movie was amazing -- but I just wished it didn't have the name "Transformers" on it because that's a brand from my childhood I love and now everyone who is a "fan" thinks this is what it's all about. Empty and dull. It's an ok ride that's totally watchable on a lazy day but it's also dumb and void of character.

And as a Transformers fan that's not I want from the series that was a part of defining my childhood.
RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49  Edited By RichardLOlson
Well the first movie was good.  I mean I won't jump for joy and say it was awsome, but it was good.   The second one should be good too.  But what I saw was magatron in the teaser  and I'm under the empression that he died in the first movie.  As far as the more bigger transformer at the end of teaser.  That would be Omicron.  For those who are not to familar with who he is, that would be the planet eating one.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By get2sammyb
RichardLOlson said:
"Well the first movie was good.  I mean I won't jump for joy and say it was awsome, but it was good.   The second one should be good too.  But what I saw was magatron in the teaser  and I'm under the empression that he died in the first movie.  As far as the more bigger transformer at the end of teaser.  That would be Omicron.  For those who are not to familar with who he is, that would be the planet eating one."
The "planet eating one" was Unicron?