Tron Legacy (End Titles) by Daft Punk

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thehexeditor

God damn I cannot wait for the movie and soundtrack.
This song fits perfectly with a post-triumphant-ending credits sequence
edit: The "Annie Mac" is not part of the song; this was played on BBC1 radio so :P

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoelTGM

it's pretty good, but doesnt sound very unique 

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead
@DOUBLESHOCK said:
" it's pretty good, but doesnt sound very unique  "
Nothing Daft Punk is unique.
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Daft Punk is great

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thehexeditor
@HandsomeDead:
@DOUBLESHOCK:

"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun."
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead
@thehexeditor: Exactly, though I suppose my larger point is that Daft Punk is groundbreaking for anyone who doesn't listen to electronic music but if you do, they're still good, but not this unbeatable force that the internet thinks they are.
Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Canberra
@HandsomeDead: As much as I love their music I think you're onto something. They're edging towards a Chuck Norris type status.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HandsomeDead
@Canberra: Exactly. Don't get me wrong, I like them too and Discovery is one of my favourite albums ever but if you listen to the internet, they practically invented the synthesizer and nothing else exists.
DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DAFTPUNK
@HandsomeDead: How dare you!
thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thehexeditor
@DAFTPUNK: holyshi-
lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By lego_my_eggo
@HandsomeDead:  
“At the present moment I’m not recording, I’m not on tour, I’ve never had a song who’s number 1 on Beatport. I’ve never been featured on JunoDownload or Trackitdown. I’ve never released vinyl but what I do know is that I’ve been listening to elictronica for many years and I’ve every right to speak my mind against the fabricated music that is being released on a daily basis. It’s absolutely appalling! All these people think that if you’re on the Beatport top 10 then you’re making something out of yourself, well your making a mockery out of electronic music! I’m a producer and I come from the underground, and I’m quite frankly I’m sick and tired! And I’m here to go on these rants on messageboards because I know I’ll never mount to anything and I need to make myself feel better so when I’m not high on cocaine I’ll sit in front of this computer till the cows come home and continue ranting and raving about artist that actually living out their dreams because I never will!” 
Nothing against you HandsomeDead i just thought this quote would be appropriate.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead
@Lego_My_Eggo: I don't really know what point you're making but it was ruined by then posting Deadmau5.
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JoelTGM
@HandsomeDead: eh, they are very popular but it shouldn't lower your view of them.  they make some great memorable music that is fun to listen to, and they got great costumes.   I listen to daft punk on my bike rides all the time, it's great.
 out of curiosity though, what are some equally talented electronic music artists you know of that were before Daft Punk?
DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DAFTPUNK

Coming from someone that knows a lot about techno, electronic, trance, it's  a good song, I kind of disagree with some of the comments, homework was unique, my favorite album of all time, discovery was not as unique as homework becasue of the shit load of sampling they did from other artists but that is what DJs do of course, but it had a really cool 80s feel to it which i really love about the album,  people listening to discovery for the first time would be amazed, I would say to them go listen to homework if you want to be blown  away becasue that's the music that they were know for there french house music Da Funk is just a fucking great song and has a lot of old school feel to it, Human after all i thought was very good, some people and critics found it too repetitive, Most DJs are repetitive same loops in there song same beats in there song same vocals, daftpunk just makes there  songs feel cool. One of my favorite songs is make love from the album human after all i just love it so much even though it's repetitive i don't care becasue i don't want the song to change it's flow.
I don't just love daftpunk if that is what some people think, i just love them becasue there one of the first Djs  i listened to. I am a fan of every DJ that can make a song feel cool and have a meaning, and that can use there samples appropriately like daftpunk did. 
That's just my opinion:)

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HandsomeDead
@DOUBLESHOCK: I'm not saying they're bad, they're my 6th most played artist on Last.fm, but if the internet is to be believed, they are the only people worth listening to and them hamfistedly describe them as 'electronica.' When you say before Daft Punk, how far are you going, because they've been going since 1993? Giorgio Moroder, 808 State, The Prodigy, Depeche Mode, The KLF, Kraftwerk and many more can be brought up but they haven't been sampled by Kanye West so whatever.
Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Oldirtybearon
@HandsomeDead: I think the reason people on the Internet view Daft Punk as an unstoppable force is because they were the first, uh, group(?) that exposed a wide variety of people to electronica/dance/trance/whatevertheclusterfuck. It's a lot like that first band you really click with. You may grow into other musicians and even find your Favourite of All Time at a later date, but nothing will really compare to the magic of that first time you were exposed - and liked it.
aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17  Edited By aurahack

Daft Punk isn't groundbreaking because they "invented" electronic music or anything silly like that. They're groundbreaking because of a) their image and b) their amazing ability to compose songs that, no matter how many times they are repeated or mixed, will always sound as good as they did the first time you heard them. 

It sounds silly, but if you've ever been to any of their ALIVE tours, you know exactly what I mean.

Also, to whoever was nagging on Deadmau5, to hells with you. Deadmau5 is great. House practically revived into an awesome genre again because of his work.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thehexeditor

WHY IS MOMMY AND DADDY ARGUING CAN'T WE ALL JUST ENJOY THE FUCKING TRACK :(((((((

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JoelTGM
@HandsomeDead: I don't know how far back it goes honestly, but I'd like to hear a recommendation for some oldschool music similar to Daft Punks.  I find a lot of electro music just sounds like they're trying to hard and it's not fun to listen to.  Daft Punk has some good easy going music, and a lot of stuff that's just got a cool feeling to it that I haven't really found elsewhere, but again I don't really know where to look because there is so much electro music nowadays.
frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By frankxiv

i don't really like daft punk or deadmau5.

this song is pretty cool though.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Bloodgraiv3
@DAFTPUNK: 

Oh shi- 

on topic, its a good song. 
CharleyTony