Twin Peaks Revival Hype Meter

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Poll Twin Peaks Revival Hype Meter (193 votes)

More hyped than about Persona 5 20%
As hyped as I am about Persona 5 9%
Hyped but not quite Persona 5 level 13%
I'm excited but let's not get crazy 18%
I'm just gonna wait and see 17%
I have my reservations i.g. ME: Andromeda 9%
Wait, Twin Peaks is coming back? 7%
What's a Twin Peaks? 6%

David Lynch is coming back strong with his partner Mark Frost, writing and directing 8 episodes of the "limited series event" Twin Peaks, coming this May to Showtime.

I like Twin Peaks but I'm more excited about David Lynch's full return!

How do you feel about getting more Twin Peaks? Are you psyched about seeing more from Mr. Lynch?

• 
Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Atwa

I don't know. Coming back to something like this so far after is always really hard. I am also not sure what I like about the show is what most people like and what they will make. Considering that I adore Fire Walk With Me and really want the show to go in that direction.

I'll watch it without expectations.

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

I've never seen Twin Peaks.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atwa: I think people have come around on Fire Walk With Me, no?

miserywizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

HYPED!

Also it's 18 episodes.

I can't wait. I'm really in love with this series (+movie).

Nightcrawlah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persona 5 looks lame to me so I guess I'm automatically more hyped about new Twin Peaks even though I'm still a bit wary.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6  Edited By Castiel

I just don't have any clue regarding what to expect. I feel like this will either be a tremendous succes or a complete failure.

I love Twin Peaks and I get nostalgic in a way whenever I see a new super short promo for the new season that I basically don't get nostalgic about anything anymore. Twin Peaks is a very special thing to me. But I'm almost afraid to be excited. The last many years has tought me that even the greatest things from years past can easily suck big time when brought back. Indy 4 and Star Wars episode 1-3 has taught me to never let hype get away with me.

But I so want this show to be amazing again. I never got to experience Twin Peaks when it originally aired. This will be my chance to experience it along side everyone else for the first time. Man, I hope it's good. Please let it be good.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atwa: I think people have come around on Fire Walk With Me, no?

Well certainly some have. I just don't really know actually what most people like about the show.

I just see a lot of ways that this new thing could go wrong. As I said, I'll just wait and see.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightcrawlah: haha I think P5 looks so-so but you gotta pander to the audience man!

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By liquiddragon

@atwa: Well, there's a lot to like about TW so I think ppl come to it for different reasons. But I think the new season is suppose to be on the darker side which bodes well for us?

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited, but it's tempered by the fact that with the exception of the first 16 episodes , much of Twin Peaks is really quite flawed and inconsistent. I love it, but it has some serious issues. Perhaps 25 years and the gifts of hindsight can prevent the same mistakes, but I have concerns.

I'm more excited for it than Persona (not a fan), but not Samurai Jack Season 5 levels of excited, to make a similar comparison.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think even a David Lynch failure has the potential to be fascinating.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I'm excited, but I'm one of the people who's only ever seen the first season of Twin peaks. I'm at a crossroads now. Do I not watch what is widely regarded to be the worst part of the show, or do I power through so I can be caught up for the new stuff? I'll probably do the latter sooner or later.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Atwa

@themanwithnoplan said:

I'm excited, but I'm one of the people who's only ever seen the first season of Twin peaks. I'm at a crossroads now. Do I watch what it widely regarded to be the worst part of the show, or do I power through so I can be caught up for the new stuff? I'll probably do the latter sooner or later.

For as awful as the second season can get, some of the early ones and the last two episodes are really worth watching. Like most of 18-28 can just be skipped completely if you just want the good. (that is if you count all episodes including season one as 1-30)

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've seen Twin Peaks for the first time last year and really liked it up until the point where they started to follow completely unrelated, nonsensical, inconsequential sidestories (particularly thinking of the "James is skipping town" one, probably the low point of the whole show for me). I'd say I'm reasonably excited.

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big fan of the original Twin Peaks. Generally not a fan of show revivals and even less so when they have taken a super long hiatus. Maybe it will be good, maybe it will capture that old feeling. I think it would be crazy to go in expecting landmark television and would rather have little to no expectations and then be surprised.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already finished Persona 5 but I am looking forward to Twin Peaks, just hope it lives up to the name.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm not going to watch it, but I'll tell my Dad about it (Twin Peaks is one of his favourite shows, along with: The Prisoner, and Blake 7)

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since Deadly Premonition happened here, I became a huge fan of Twin Peaks and Lynch stuff in general. I'm really looking forward to this.

But my hype is tempered because Lynch stuff always unnerves me so. I am a wuss. Fire Walk With Me took me two sittings to sit through because I was freaking the fuck out through much of it.

lylebot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lynch is such a different director now than he was then (compare Inland Empire to Mulholland Drive to the original Twin Peaks), and he has never been interested in trying to figure out what his audience wants in order to give them whatever that is, so I am unreservedly looking forward to seeing what this is like. I don't actually expect it to be much like the original, apart from many of the same characters and themes.

However I have no excitement at all for Persona 5, so... ;)

Goboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Incredibly stoked for the new season. I did a look through of imdb to see who's in it and the number of people that are returning and are new to the series has me really excited, and a few have me a little confused. Also a few people missing, but not everyone might want to return after so long.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's impossible to tell. I have reservations because Lynch is older, hasn't directed anything major in a decade, and twin peaks season 2/fire walk with me aren't universally beloved. So my level of hype is muted/neutral.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I would have clicked on the thing with reservations, but I'm not getting Mass Effect tangled up in this.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New shoes.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cautiously optimistic... but I picked the first poll option anyway when I considered I have been reading all the Twin Peaks books and started the original series again last night so I can refresh my memory of everything.

I've also been craving pie and coffee every day lately. Send help. And pie and coffee.

dr_monocle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mares eat oats. Does eat oats. Little lambs eat ivy.

I'm quite excited.

WillyOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So. Excited. David Fucking Lynch.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm excited, but I'm one of the people who's only ever seen the first season of Twin peaks. I'm at a crossroads now. Do I not watch what is widely regarded to be the worst part of the show, or do I power through so I can be caught up for the new stuff? I'll probably do the latter sooner or later.

There's a stretch of like five episodes or so during season two that gets pretty bad but the beginning and end are both great and just as good as season 1.

Goboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman: Yeah, had the show been given a full season 1 up front instead of the original pilot and an initial 8 episode season it would have probably turned out better. Once they had to make a 23 episode season 2 there was way more time to fill. I usually just watch season one and up to episode 9 of season 2 and call that the first season.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

18 episodes? That is... alot. I was hoping for something a little more concise but I approach this with cautious optimism. And curiosity, mostly.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I dunno. I suspect the original was very much a "time and place" kind of thing. Part of it was that it was such a weird damn show for network television that it stood out at the time. In a lot of ways it was a preview of today's niche Netflix/Amazon shows. However, fast forward to today and there's so much other stuff occupying the "weird and quirky" market that I don't know it can do enough to stand out anymore.

I think if I want that sort of fix, I'll just play through Deadly Premonition again.

Gantrathor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's the option for someone who's fairly excited for it, but completely indifferent to all things Persona? I guess the top option would work for that.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I have a feeling lightning might not strike twice with this one, but eh I'll definitely give it a shot!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I don't think it'll be good, but who knows. I'll watch a little to find out.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok let's not get crazy here now, nothing is more hype than Persona 5.

@wynnduffy: What's your spoiler-free verdict on P5?

jppt1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lynch is quirky but a legend!

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WynnDuffy

@probablytuna said:

@wynnduffy: What's your spoiler-free verdict on P5?

I enjoyed playing that video game. Too slick!

tatsuyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By tatsuyarr

Finished Persona 5 last year so I'm pretty sure I'm more exited for Twin Peaks right now. I just hope it will be less disappointing than P5 but I won't bet on it.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wynnduffy: @tatsuyarr: I'm 100% sure you guys are just stating something you did, play P5, but there is no way for me to not read it as a super douchie person in my head. lol

tatsuyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@liquiddragon: to be honest that's how I read it in my mind too ^_^ . Whatever, Persona 5 is so 2016 ^O^

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@undefined: glad I clicked on this. Best poll option choices ever goes you sir.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still bummed from when I looked at the cast list and saw that basically nobody from that lumbermill is returning. Catherine was so good, man.

Otherwise I'm glad it's happening, I want to see it through at this point even if it's bad. Wouldn't call it excitement though, I don't even remember it's a thing until someone else brings it up.

In regards to P5, it's been so long that I'm kinda not even thinking about it anymore. Probably for the best, since it just means it'll be harder for it to be a crushing disappointment that leaves me a barren husk with zero faith in video games for the forseeable future. But that's just me.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WynnDuffy

@tatsuyarr said:

@liquiddragon: to be honest that's how I read it in my mind too ^_^ . Whatever, Persona 5 is so 2016 ^O^

If you haven't finished and sunk 200 hours into Persona 5 already by now, you might as well just skip it...

It's 2017, in the era of HD Rumble why the hell would you want to go back to anything else? How many balls am I holding right now?

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god i hope it isn't terrible. i'm a huge fan of twin peaks but that show is singular- i don't know how they could return to it now and have the new material stand toe-to-toe.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as it's more in line with Fire Walk With Me instead of the show i'm all in. Also, that book Mark Frost released recently was real bad so let's hope this will be better.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RetroMetal

David Lynch is fucking terrible.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I missed the boat on Twin Peaks. Watched the first season a couple years back for the first, and it seemed really off-putting to me. I can understand where the appeal is coming from, but I didn't really like it at all.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By NTM

Those are some personal choices up there that don't fit for me. I'm way more excited for Twin Peaks than Persona 5, while I am not sure if I am as excited for it as I am Mass Effect Andromeda. I watched through Twin Peaks during last summer, and it was great. It was one of those where I watched the first few episodes and then stopped for a few months, but got back to it and marathoned it. I can't wait for it. I wish I was also excited for the new Star Trek, but I'm not subscribing to CBS All Access. Living in WA, I kind of want to check out that diner.

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48  Edited By Aarny91

Pretty hyped. Really curious on how it looks. I really hope they keep that warm aesthetic. Currently watching S2 for the first time actually.