Update: hacking and Tom Clancy and dark graphics oh my!

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

I got a few PSP games this week, here they are.

• Coded Arms (I like the randomized levels, the graphics are good, and the menus look really cool, but the gunplay is dull and easy)
  • Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (I was pleasantly suprised by GRAW 2, instead of trying to port the Xbox 360 game, GRAW 2 should actually be called GRAW 1.5, because the story takes place in beetween the two games. The game isn't very long, there are no tactics involved whatsoever, and the voice acting is sometimes bad. Despite those things, I thoroughly enjoyed GRAW 1.5 for the time it took me to beat it, because I liked the graphics, all the different guns, and the interesting, though short, campaign. There is no way to review it here so I guess I could just say it here: I give GRAW 2 a 3.5/5)
  • Splinter Cell Essentials (Though SPE has a long list of issues, I'm really liking it so far. Splinter Cell Essentials has everything you'd want from a Splinter Cell game in my opinion.)

Still coming in the mail is the PSP version of Rainbow Six Vegas, I'm stoked, because with GRAW 2 being finished and Splinter Cell Essentials being hard to play on a car trip because of it's dark graphics, I need a way to scratch my Tom Clancy itch.

P.S: I know I'm starting to sound like a Tom Clancy fanboy, but I started reading Tom Clancy's The Sum of All Fears, and to be honest, I fucking hate it. I don't want to go into details but I think it's a bad book.

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Emandudeguyperson

I got a few PSP games this week, here they are.

• Coded Arms (I like the randomized levels, the graphics are good, and the menus look really cool, but the gunplay is dull and easy)
  • Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (I was pleasantly suprised by GRAW 2, instead of trying to port the Xbox 360 game, GRAW 2 should actually be called GRAW 1.5, because the story takes place in beetween the two games. The game isn't very long, there are no tactics involved whatsoever, and the voice acting is sometimes bad. Despite those things, I thoroughly enjoyed GRAW 1.5 for the time it took me to beat it, because I liked the graphics, all the different guns, and the interesting, though short, campaign. There is no way to review it here so I guess I could just say it here: I give GRAW 2 a 3.5/5)
  • Splinter Cell Essentials (Though SPE has a long list of issues, I'm really liking it so far. Splinter Cell Essentials has everything you'd want from a Splinter Cell game in my opinion.)

Still coming in the mail is the PSP version of Rainbow Six Vegas, I'm stoked, because with GRAW 2 being finished and Splinter Cell Essentials being hard to play on a car trip because of it's dark graphics, I need a way to scratch my Tom Clancy itch.

P.S: I know I'm starting to sound like a Tom Clancy fanboy, but I started reading Tom Clancy's The Sum of All Fears, and to be honest, I fucking hate it. I don't want to go into details but I think it's a bad book.

Grim_Fandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Grim_Fandango

Meh, Who needs to hack when you can get a job and buy it, its satisfying that way, knowing I accomplished something to get it, earning your games always holds a special thing in my heart.
As for Tom Clancy, I like him, but I am not a big fan of his work, preferably I like reading Eric Nylund and Drew Karpyshyn, there books manage to drag me into there universe, I take influence on there style and subject matter.

NotSoSneakyGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By NotSoSneakyGuy

What he meant by "hacking" is that in the PSP game Coded Arms you play as a hacker...