serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By serbsta

via PressTV]

I think the prospect of war in the middle-east and the Caucasus is looming even more now with the arms race expanding and the IDF is in the thick of it all again. Where would you stand if war broke out between US, Israel (team Zionist) and Russia, Iran, Venezuela and Syria? Interesting article here, must say i feel very lucky to be living in Australia during these times. Well have a read and tell me what you think. =]

=============================================================================================

GBU-39/B small diameter bombs mounted on an F-15E Strike Eagle
The US will reportedly equip Israel with highly advanced smart bombs capable of taking out fortified nuclear installations in Iran.

The 'bunker-buster' bombs, the Guided Bomb Unit-39 (GBU-39), have been developed to penetrate fortified facilities located deep underground - such as Iran's nuclear facilities.

Despite escalating speculation that Tel Aviv plans to launch attacks against Iran, Haaretz reported that the US Department of Defense confirmed on Friday that it would sell 1,000 GBU-39 units to Israel.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy suggested last week that should Iran continue with its uranium enrichment program, it could be attacked by Israel.

"We could find one morning that Israel has struck (Iran)," said the French president, adding that no one would question the legitimacy of such an act of aggression.

US President George W. Bush and upper echelons in Tel Aviv have repeatedly threatened Iran with war under the pretext that Tehran, a signatory to the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), seeks nuclear weaponry.

This is while the UN nuclear watchdog, which has extensively monitored Iran's nuclear activities and has been inspecting the country's nuclear installations since 2003, said in its most recent report that there is no link between the use of nuclear material and the 'alleged studies' of weaponization that Western countries attribute to Iranian sites.

The UN body has also confirmed that Iran enriches uranium-235 to a level of only 3.7 percent - a rate consistent with the construction of a nuclear power plant. Nuclear arms production requires an enrichment level of above 90 percent.

4 GBU-39 units mounted on an F-22 Raptor
Israel, however, is determined to use 'any option' to stop Iran's nuclear work, Defense Minister Ehud Barak said in early September.

The small size of GBU-39, which has been designed to enable jet fighters to carry a higher number of bombs in place of a single one-ton bomb, will allow the Israeli Air Force to hit more of Iran's 'numerous, distant, and fortified' nuclear sites than currently possible.

The bombs are capable of penetrating 6 feet (at least 1.8 meters) of reinforced concrete and more than 3 feet (approximately 1 meter) of steel-reinforced concrete.

An unnamed Pentagon official revealed to the Sunday Telegraph in July that US commanders have had 'little confidence' with 'no guarantee' that Israel would be able to destroy the Iranian nuclear program.

A GBU-39 bunker buster peneterating through reinforced concrete
An Israeli Air Force equipped with GBU-39s, however, may be able to provide the 'guarantee' the US has been seeking.

Meanwhile, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev warned on Friday that he would not accept any military action against Iran.

In the past decade, Russia has helped Tehran in the construction of a 20,000-megawatt nuclear power plant in the southern Iranian city of Bushehr.

Electricity shortage has forced the government in Tehran to adopt a rationing program by scheduling power outages - of up to two hours a day - across both urban and rural areas in the country.

A source close to the Russian military said last week that Moscow is considering providing Iran with more nuclear assistance amid Russia's escalating tensions with the US over the August crisis in the Caucasus - which Russia says was orchestrated by the Bush administration.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Jees, i fucking hate the government.
you know, if people just did everything themselves it'd be dandy. 

....in a perfect world

EndlessMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EndlessMike

There isn't gonna be war with Russia. I'm gonna summarize Putin when he said that the rest of the world is just using old phobias to rile up anti russian sentiment when the prospect of another Cold War are, in fact, very unlikely. Also Israel attacking Iran wouldn't necessarily even receive support from the US government. It wouldn't be the first time we've promised help to a country if they were to attack someone we don't like and then not follow through to back them up.

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Silverain

I'd be on Team Zionist. We know Jew-Jitsu.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Jayge_

Go go Power RanJews?

Hezbollah has enough help from Iran as it is. They don't need nukes.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jayge_
Levio91 said:
"vote ron paul 

"
That's not full of ridiculous propaganda or anything.
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Silverain
Jayge said:
" That's not full of ridiculous propaganda or anything."
I'm so sick of Ron Paul nuts. If he were a major candidate, they'd be more annoying than the Obama zombies.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jayge_
Silverain said:
"Jayge said:
I'm so sick of Ron Paul nuts. If he were a major candidate, they'd be more annoying than the Obama zombies."
We agree on something. Someone call Nostradamus.
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Silverain
Jayge said:
"Silverain said:
"Jayge said:
I'm so sick of Ron Paul nuts. If he were a major candidate, they'd be more annoying than the Obama zombies."
We agree on something. Someone call Nostradamus."
I also raised the dead about a year ago. :O
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BiggerBomb
Jayge said:
"Silverain said:
"Jayge said:

Blame his followers, not Ron Paul. I'm a Democrat but I do respect the guy for his beliefs. It isn't his fault that his fans are nutjobs.

And good grief, Serbsta, is there anything you can do with your day other than typing up this crap?
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Silverain
BiggerBomb said:
"Jayge said:
"Silverain said:
"Jayge said:

Blame his followers, not Ron Paul. I'm a Democrat but I do respect the guy for his beliefs. It isn't his fault that his fans are nutjobs.

And good grief, Serbsta, is there anything you can do with your day other than typing up this crap?"
I'm not blaming Obama. . . .though I don't really respect his beliefs, either. Partial Birth Abortions? Uh, no.
mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mikevanpwn

Israel successfully destroyed Iraq's Nuclear Power Plant in the 80's and I wouldn't blame them for wanting the tools needed to do it against Iran this time.  Ahmadinejad has said a lot of things in the past about the destruction of Israel so I see why they're taking the measures.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BiggerBomb
Levio91 said:
"The bible says no nation will ever conquer the reborn Israel thats why us is allying with them."

Or it is because no nation has ever conquered Israel and history tends to repeat itself. Don't bring religion into politics, it is a deadly cocktail.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
BiggerBomb said:
"Levio91 said:
"The bible says no nation will ever conquer the reborn Israel thats why us is allying with them."

Or it is because no nation has ever conquered Israel and history tends to repeat itself. Don't bring religion into politics, it is a deadly cocktail."
religion has always been in poltics- both as an excuse and a reason
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Silverain
Levio91 said:
"the us government has already brung religion into politics."
lol, he said "brung."
adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By adam_grif
Levio91 said:
le sigh.

Or it's because it's a Jewish nation that the US was partially responsible for creating, and it's very friendly with the US and it's surrounded by extremely hostile Muslim countries, who typically align themselves with the enemies of the US, especially in the cold war. Israel may well be a puppet state of the US, but it's still a friendly nation amongst a sea of unfriendly ones.
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By serbsta
EndlessMike said:
sentiment when the prospect of another Cold War are, in fact, very unlikely.
When you really look at it, i mean, really look at it, the Cold War hasnt ended.
adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By adam_grif
serbsta said:
"EndlessMike said:
sentiment when the prospect of another Cold War are, in fact, very unlikely.
When you really look at it, i mean, really look at it, the Cold War hasnt ended."
The Cold War was a buzz word.

It's no longer communist vs capitalist, the lines aren't drawn as simply as they used to be. But one must remember that the Cold War wasn't unusual because two countries were hostile towards each other, but because two countries with enormous military and political power that were hostile towards each other were not fighting. That is why the Cold War was unusual. Give me a thousand cold wars over a single World War II.  People died in the Vietnam war and the Korean war, Soviets died in Afghanistan. But Soviet and American forces never, ever met in battle, and they would have, inevitably, if it wasn't for the looming threat of nuclear annihilation. World War III would have been Russia vs America, probably in the 1950's or 1960's, if not for MAD.

Not only this, but the rapid technological progress that you see in an actual war occurred all throughout the Cold War on both sides... despite very little combat occurring, and no combat between the two main combatants. The Cold War for America was a very prosperous era.

For this reason, I welcome another "cold war" with open arms. Don't fear the reaper people, because the reaper isn't coming. You're all afraid of a scarecrow. Don't buy into the hype. Embrace the era of Nuclear peace. If anybody was more worthy of a Nobel Peace Prize than Oppenheimer, I have yet to read about them.
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By wefwefasdf

Man, I'm glad I'm not in office making decisions. 0_0

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers