CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

Art by Turbo_Toaster
 Art by Turbo_Toaster

Congratulations to JohnAsscream for winning Alan Wake! Out of 82 contestants, his username was the one that  Random Line Picker chose! 

Please read this from the previous thread before entering - 

First off, the only games I have to give away right now are NTSC Xbox 360 games. There is no way for me to really verify who enters, but I'd appreciate it if you only enter if you're actually able to play these games and have interest in them! These are all my own, personal used copies of these games that I have beaten and have no interest in playing anymore. Some of the game cases got banged up slightly in the move from Texas to Oklahoma (stupid movers!), and Left 4 Dead was bought used (so it has those GameStop stickers all over it), but these games all play perfectly in my experience—this is more for people that are interested in just playing the games than collectors. Having said all that, if something happens to the game during shipping and it doesn't work for some reason, then ... oh well! I'm paying for everything, and all you'll have to deal with is minor disappointment. I won't compensate you for that! 

I will be doing one of these every week until I run out of games. For now, they are all Xbox 360 NTSC games. More games will be added as I beat and lose interest in them!

I will pick one winner using one of those random selector thingies on the Internet and PM them asking for their mailing address and what game they want shipped to them. The game will be shipped via Priority Mail with a tracking number for your convenience. (If you live in the U.S., that is. If you live you anywhere else and have an NTSC console and want to enter, then you'll get some other kind of shipping speed without a tracking number!)

The Games
Assassin's Creed 
Assassin's Creed II 
Left 4 Dead 
Splinter Cell: Conviction

How To Play   
Simply make one post stating what new feature you would like to be added to Xbox Live. Don't use Xbox Live? Tell us why!

Deadline
You have until January 29th at whatever time I am awake and decide to end it. 

------- 
Previous Winners

JohnAsscream - Alan Wake 
------- 
Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Noodles

I would love to see Amazon Video On Demand added to further bolster the 360's place as a great streaming device. That and clan/community support, similar to how Steam Community is run.

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By George_Hukas

I want to be able to turn off friend notifications, but still have achievements pop up.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
@Vito_Raliffe: So wait,just because you dont have an interest in playing them means your giving them away?What about a game collection dude?
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By nintendoeats

I want it to be free, or very cheap. And I want all the ads that you get upon booting the console to sod the hell off.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman

I would like Xbox Live to store save files in the cloud. That would be super badass.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

I don't really use Xbox Live, since I'm not into multiplayer games.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Agreed with free Live

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheDudeOfGaming: When I was younger, I sold my games so I could buy new ones. I'm also interested in playing as many games as possible, so selling them lets me play more. I'm not interested in building up a collection of games as I will probably never play them again. Most games that I would want to play again are re-released eventually via some digital service or HD release. I just don't feel the need to build up a collection of old games like some people do, though I understand why people do, as I have a nice comic book collection that I don't plan on getting rid of any time soon! 

I figured that instead of selling them, though, that I would give them away on Giant Bomb because Giant Bomb is awesome!

@cide: I know! I have been wanting more customization over Notifications for a long time. I don't care when a friend signs on, but I do want to know when I get an achievement!
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By crusader8463

Needs to be free before I ever use my x-box online again. I refuse to pay a monthly fee just to play the games I bought online. Live doesn't offer any service that makes it worth paying for, besides being able to play games online. It's like they are holding it hostage and won't let it go unless you give them your credit card number. 

EDIT:It also feels like a huge slap in the face to have ad's plastered over every square inch of the thing even when you are paying. I just really dislike everything about the 360 the more I think about it. 

Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Customizable interface.

6ZZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By 6ZZA

I think it would be cool is Valve integrated steam with live kinda like what they are doing with PSN

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I'd want there to be the implementation of a new subscription level. Something like "Xbox Live Platinum" which would assume the current price of Xbox Live Gold and incorporate all of its current features. XBL Gold, in turn, would get a much lower price and online multiplayer would be included in Gold's subscription level. Anyone who actually wants Netflix, Twitter, Facebook and all of those features could pay for Platinum meanwhile those who pay for XBL Gold just to play online could do so for a much cheaper price.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By ch3burashka

I dunno. Seems fine now. I think the removal of Facebook and Twitter would make it better. 

Damn it, someone got Alan Wake! In that case, I'll go for Splinter Cell: Conviction.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By GreggD

I'd like a showcase for the games I've gotten all of the achievements in. I know they show up on your profile in the dashboard menus, but something more than that would be cool.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Mystyr_E

A new releases window. 

I don't know if there is one but so far, all I see is if I want to know what new arcade games came out, I gotta go to game marketplace, then arcade, then new arrivals whereas if I want new add-ons, I gotta go to a separate window.  

I'd prefer a weekly window of like "here's all the new arcade games, add-ons, games on demand, themes and gamerpics that came out in the past 7 days"

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with JJ, Storing save files in the cloud would be great. 

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Sonofabitch, Alan Wake was the only one I wanted. I AM OUTRAGED I DID NOT RECEIVE FREE STUFF.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CptBedlam

I would love a feature that would me let me watch a live video feed of a friend playing a game. And of course I want to be able to talk to him via the party chat.

I enjoy watching others play. But since consoles went online I don't get much of that anymore.

brodywb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By brodywb

I just want to be able to easily cancel from either the console or the website.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By nintendoeats
@CptBedlam: I don't think that's feasible. it would demolish your friend's connection. Neat idea though.
landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By landon

I want different sounds for different notifications. I really hate it when I hear the achievement sound, only to see one of my friends pop up.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By hockeymask27

I would love a way to store save files sever side.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CptBedlam
@nintendoeats said:
" @CptBedlam: I don't think that's feasible. it would demolish your friend's connection. Neat idea though. "
Yeah I'm aware of the technical limitations.

Maybe it'll be possible in a few years.
InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By InfiniteGeass

I really wish it were easier to find things. They should make it so that you could search based on price or based on a letter.

anarchyzombie9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By anarchyzombie9

I think some kind of gifting option would be great so I can just give people the game instead of points.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By Enigma777
@JJWeatherman said:
" I would like Xbox Live to store save files in the cloud. That would be super badass. "
As would I. 
Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

I don't use X-box live, because I play the majority of my games single-player.

If I want to play a game with someone, it's usually someone I know, who I wouldn't have a problem sitting down and playing with on the couch, especially because the main reason I love to play games with other people is to see their reactions.  I liked playing Guilty Gear with my friends because of the look on their faces when I wrecked them with Ky and Slayer, and for their constant laughter at my attempts to pick up A.B.A.

And really, I only play games with someone else if they're having fun.  There's not that much fun in the online community for fighting games anymore, and not even anything close to fun to be had in your average FPS.  The human element is why I enjoyed multiplayer, and it's missing too much from online games.

Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Joker369

The ability to customize ads to things i like

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By pwnasaurus

i have a computer and paying for online just seems crazy to me.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By louiedog

Cloud storage, not only the 360 but for all of Live. Now that Microsoft has the 360, Windows, and their phone and there are games that exist on two platforms (and maybe all 3 eventually) it seems like something we need. Imagine if you could play ilomilo on your 360, finish a level, and then pick up where you left off on your phone while sitting in the waiting room at your dentist's office.

For the Xbox in general, and not for the Live service, I'd like the ability to link a profile to a controller. Right now if I pick up a controller and turn on my Xbox it signs me in automatically. That's great. But if my girlfriend joins in for co-op she has to take that extra step to sign in. If she turns on the Xbox to play a game she has to sign me out and then sign herself in. If I could tie my profile to my black controller and my girlfriend could tie hers to one of the white ones things would go much smoother. I hope Microsoft does that in the next generation and adds something to distinguish the controllers from one another.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By REDRUN

I just want to create friend groups to choose to be invisible online to our obligatory friends on our list (ie; family members, co-workers and ass-hat friends)

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By REDRUN
@cide said:
" I want to be able to turn off friend notifications, but still have achievements pop up. "
That is the "Busy" setting in you online status.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CL60

I want last.fm in Canada.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#35  Edited By benpack

I vote for the aforementioned cloud saves.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#36  Edited By yoshimitz707

I would like my saves to be tied to my account and carry over where ever I take them.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#37  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I'd love to see a feature that brings cold beer and cheap women to my door.  OK, so I'd really be satisfied with either/or.  

Nah, in all seriousness, there have been some great suggestions, but I think (like with all consoles and games) my most wished-for feature is adjustable font sizes and colors.

rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By rawrnosaurous

I don't play my console games online anymore, maybe it's just the kinds of games I tend to play on my consoles compared to the ones on the PC. Maybe it's the fact that I have to pay for online on my consoles that the games I want to play online tend to be on my PC. I'm not a FPS gamer as opposed to all my friends that play on live, they all play COD or Halo competitively and I don't think I could deal with that. It doesn't help that generally live is populated with assholes, my PC games that I play online tend to be RTS games like Dawn of War or Starcraft 2. While I do enjoy FPS games from time to time, it's hardly the Renaissance for FPS games like it was in the late 90's and early 00's. I do enjoy gaming with my friend's but when I feel the need to game with them they are just a short drive away and we will all be screaming at Dead Space 2 soon.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NickL

i would like some kind of "clan" feature where you can have access to a group of likeminded people without necessarily having to fill your friends list with a bunch of randoms

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By Xeiphyer

I want the ability to not see ads when I am paying $60/year for Gold membership!

I think the ads should be there for silver members in exchange for the ability to play online. Its lame taking away *arguably* the most important aspect of some videogames.

Banggoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Banggoo

I want Microsoft to replace space buck point transactions with normal people money transactions.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#42  Edited By ez123

Actually following through with the Primetime games would be nice, 1 vs 100 was cool.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By YoThatLimp

Web browsing plus flash support 

Seriously, think about it. If a phone can do it, why not a console?

Terry_Bogard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Terry_Bogard

Not really a feature, but I wish Microsoft would advertise Indie games on the dashboard more often. They've only done it once as far as I know. 

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#45  Edited By Skald

Ordering physical copies of games from the marketplace. Seems trivial, but why not?

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

Internet browser, the ability to copy your PC music/pics/videos to 360's hard drive instead of streaming it via LAN. I've tripped over cables more than once.

OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By OneAndOnlyBigE

Save files in the cloud would be amazing.  I back mine up periodically on flash drives but I cringe every time I hear a story about someone who doesn't do this and their hard drive crashes or something.  It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to add, especially for Gold subscribers.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By iam3green

i would like assassin's creed 2 if I win. 

something to improve xbox live, i think that it should be free. I played it on live for a couple of years until i played my friend's ps3. i thought that xbox live was good until i saw that ps3 was the exact same thing. i'm only talking about playing online none of the features that they have. 

another improvement i would like to see is ads removed or make it so xbox gold members take them away. there are ads everywhere on the dashboard. 

these are the things that i can think of right now.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alan Wake has been shipped to JohnAsscream, and he has received his tracking number. Yay!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#50  Edited By StarvingGamer

I don't use XBL because I primarily play PS3 and PC multiplayer, the XBox is only there for system exclusives like Alan Wake.