Wanna Wrestle? #4 - The Art of Hitting Someone with a Microphone.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Edited By turboman

I'm doing these on all the whiskey sites until they make a Wrestling Site.

*pop*

I'm going to make a good long blog post before ROH and WWE's two PPV's this weekend, but I just felt like pointing out a pattern of something CM Punk has done every once in a while, and I'm thrilled that he continues to do it today. If you happened to have caught the tail end of Raw last night, then you might have witnessed a magical little nugget of promo making. Of course, someone might have silenced the microphones to shut off the "voice of the voiceless", but it seemed like it could be some technical issues. If it was the latter, then CM Punk and HHH perfectly improved around it.

Speaking of CM Punk hitting someone in the face with a microphone, lets go back to CM Punk's first ever heel turn. Ah, the memories... (Skip to 2:20)

And who can forget CM Punk's classic Royal Rumble moment, where he cuts promos during the Royal Rumble match... Zach Ryder gets the microphone bash towards the end...

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By turboman

I'm doing these on all the whiskey sites until they make a Wrestling Site.

*pop*

I'm going to make a good long blog post before ROH and WWE's two PPV's this weekend, but I just felt like pointing out a pattern of something CM Punk has done every once in a while, and I'm thrilled that he continues to do it today. If you happened to have caught the tail end of Raw last night, then you might have witnessed a magical little nugget of promo making. Of course, someone might have silenced the microphones to shut off the "voice of the voiceless", but it seemed like it could be some technical issues. If it was the latter, then CM Punk and HHH perfectly improved around it.

Speaking of CM Punk hitting someone in the face with a microphone, lets go back to CM Punk's first ever heel turn. Ah, the memories... (Skip to 2:20)

And who can forget CM Punk's classic Royal Rumble moment, where he cuts promos during the Royal Rumble match... Zach Ryder gets the microphone bash towards the end...

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mordukai

I'm still amazed by how WWE completely botched the CM Punk angle. They had something going on that would have completely revitalize their dying business and they just killed it. How far WWE has fallen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@Mordukai said:

I'm still amazed by how WWE completely botched the CM Punk angle. They had something going on that would have completely revitalize their dying business and they just killed it. How far WWE has fallen.

As I said in the other thread, I liked the verbal exchange between Punk and Trips on the latest Raw. But you are right, looking at the overall angle it is obvious that the eternal control freak Vince McMahon is trying to rush through this thing as fast as possible so can stick Punk back in the mid-card. I guess he gave him another contract just to fuck with him. This is how VKM rolls.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By turboman

@atomic_dumpling said:

@Mordukai said:

As I said in the other thread, I liked the verbal exchange between Punk and Trips on the latest Raw. But you are right, looking at the overall angle it is obvious that the eternal control freak Vince McMahon is trying to rush through this thing as fast as possible so can stick Punk back in the mid-card. I guess he gave him another contract just to fuck with him. This is how VKM rolls.

Punk isn't going to be put back on the mid-card for a long time.

1. His shit is selling. In most fans eyes, he's in atleast the top 3 of the WWE roster. His shirt is selling, there are tons of signs for him in the crowd every night, etc.

2. He's nowhere close to stale. He is just starting with the main-event feuding. Him and Cena went against each other for three months, and him and HHH should have lasted till WrestleMania (if Nash went through with the initial plan)... but there's still so much more for him to do in the main event picture (hell, give Randy Ortan somebody to work with)

MVP1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By MVP1101

I know this is off topic but I am saddened by the fact that Cena went right back to doing the superman act. Del Rio looks so weak, I feel this run has not helped him at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TurboMan said:

2. He's nowhere close to stale.

He can't ride the smart mark train forever though.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By kingzetta

if the mics not working was on accident. They played it pretty well.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@Mordukai said:

It's Kevin Nash's fault. Why on Earth was he brought back? He's dreadful.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Milkman

That actually was Punk second heel turn in the WWE. Not to mention, that he was a heel for pretty much his entire ROH career.

Also, the microphone not working was absolutely a work.

Mikewrestler5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mikewrestler5
@GunslingerPanda said:

@Mordukai said:

It's Kevin Nash's fault. Why on Earth was he brought back? He's dreadful.

Nash isn't done. He will interfere in their match at Night of Champions.
SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By SlightConfuse

KEvin Nash was terrible just killed any heat CM punk had

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Meowshi

The promo last night was good I thought. I'm not sure what you people want.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mordukai

@TurboMan said:

@atomic_dumpling said:

@Mordukai said:

Punk isn't going to be put back on the mid-card for a long time.

1. His shit is selling. In most fans eyes, he's in atleast the top 3 of the WWE roster. His shirt is selling, there are tons of signs for him in the crowd every night, etc.

2. He's nowhere close to stale. He is just starting with the main-event feuding. Him and Cena went against each other for three months, and him and HHH should have lasted till WrestleMania (if Nash went through with the initial plan)... but there's still so much more for him to do in the main event picture (hell, give Randy Ortan somebody to work with)

I wanted to write some long ass explanation about how that angle was murdered but this guy pretty much sums it up.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/entry.php?1676-Missed-Opportunity-CM-Punk-and-WWE-Revolution/page3

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By turboman

@Milkman said:

That actually was Punk second heel turn in the WWE. Not to mention, that he was a heel for pretty much his entire ROH career.

Also, the microphone not working was absolutely a work.

This never really lasted at all I don't think.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CL60 said:
@TurboMan:  

Contains Smackdown spoilers.
Yeah, I read that in my favorite dirt sheet. I thought Undertaker vs. Undertaker was a nice piece of weirdness back in the day and this could be just as bizarre.
nickystixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nickystixx

cm punk is on top right now hes better than cena!

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Meowshi

@nickystixx said:

cm punk is on top right now hes better than cena!

high praise :p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I just watched the NoDQ match from NotC and it was very disappointing. I read elsewhere that they worked the match relatively stiff, but I find myself in complete disagreement. I have never seen a hardcore match worked so safely and Punks overselling only made it worse. It was just lackluster. Also, the table spot was pretty tame considering those below (granted, some are botches, but still …).

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By turboman

@atomic_dumpling: That chairshot to the leg wrapped around the ringpost is the only thing memorable about the match (other than CM Punk pulling a Shane-O-Mac)... otherwise, it was booked liked a WCW match meaning there was about 20 interferences and it just came off as a bit much

That Chris Benoit dive remains as one of the sickest bumps ever for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There were a lot of missed opportunities in that match. When they were at the video wall thing they could have gone for something vicious looking like a chin-breaker or a RVD-style guillotine legdrop or something. That slingshot into the big video wall looked actually rather comfy by comparison. HHH could have used the monitor to hit Punk over the head to give the bout a little more oomph and so forth - it was such little things that were strangely absent. Such spots are not particularly dangerous (unless they really wanted to avoid accidental blood).

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, he has "STRAIGHTEDGE" tattooed across his belly for a lark

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By turboman

@dudeglove said:

Is that dude meant to be straight edge or something?

Yes, he's straight edge... which means he's better than all of us.