War gaming

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Any wargamers here? What do you play? How often? What scales do you use? What are you favourite systems game systems? Any current projects?

I myself have always been into table top gaming from watching my uncle's and aunties play Dungeon Quest back in the day, but it's only recently over the past 3 or 4 years I've really started to dive into wargaming. And let me tell you, im having a blast!

I play a host of different games, most notably Kings of War, Frostgrave, SAGA, Flames of War, DBA amongst others.

After finishing up these last bits for my Kings of War Undead army, my next project is going to be a 10mm American Civil War army. Have never painted 10s before (lots of 15s) so looking forward to that.

There are so many periods I want to get round to, from The American War of Independence to The Spanish Succession, Seven Years War, Napolionics, English Civil War and on and on.

Charongreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

40k. I have somewhere around 1800 points of Word Bearers, got in at 4th edition and taught myself to play, but never had anyone around or a game store nearby so I didn't play until years later when I worked near one for a summer, played a total of like 8 games and lost em all. No regrets.

I like the look of a lot of other games (Warhammer Fantasy, Warmachines, Konflict '47) but I don't have the disposable income or time to support it as a second hobby. I like having the end result of building, customizing and painting my own army but it takes so much time and I don't know if I really enjoy the process itself. Besides, before I buy into any other games I still need a Land Raider, 5 more Terminators and Raptors and then I can start building more squads in Rhinos...

Avatar image for deactivated-6357e03f55494
deactivated-6357e03f55494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Using the term "wargame" loosely...I'm in WAYYY to many most of which I don't even play regularly.

• 40k(2 armies)
  • Konflict '47
  • Malifaux(2 crews)
  • Dropzone Commander
  • Dropfleet Commander(2 fleets)
  • Star Wars X Wing(Every faction)
  • Star Trek Attack Wing(A couple ships for each faction)
  • Looking at Star Wars Legion

Possibly more I can't think of.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahhh 40k. Most people I meet who game usually play 40k. Can't say I've ever played. Played Warhammer back in the day but never 40k. Not that the setting or theme doesn't interest me, it does, but when I think of getting involved I decide I'd much rather play something historical instead.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Been out of it for years, but with the upcoming rerelease of Monsterpocalypse I might dip my toe into it again. Killteam has also been looking rather interesting to do some miniature gaming on a smaller scale without as much investment.

deltamind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really a fan of wargames but 40k because my friend told me to give it a try, it wasn't too bad tbh.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wargamming has nothing to do with world of tanks right ? i am confused. it's Boardgames right ?

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soulcake: lol. It's not board gaming, it's a close cousin. War gaming is using miniature models of varies scales, usually anywhere from 6mm tall figures to 54mm tall figures, to fight battles on a table top using dice and rulebooks.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Used to play 40k and Warmachine. Have quite a few armies that now just sit in a display cabinet.

Picked up the Age of Sigmar 2.0 box, and that's sent me on a slippery slope of building and buying. I really like the Storm Cast models once you get rid of the dumb helms. They're large, chunky, and feel like a better scale than the new primaris space marines.

I enjoy building and painting much more than playing. I don't enjoy power creep, net lists, and having to constantly spend/build to keep up. There's nothing stopping you from playing that old edition Blood Angels army in the new version, but boy are you going to get rolled.

Played X-Wing for a little bit. Lost interest pretty quick in it.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zelyre: I think this is kind of the thing that keeps me away from 40k. Seems very competitive. I like more historical games that are played for the scenario outcome, very gentleman like.