Weird Gifts That Paid Off

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Sometimes, it is the weird gifts that we give people that they enjoy the most or have the best payoff.

My parents are old...sorry 78 and 79 years old is old...god bless them for making it this far. They have a hard time cleaning their house. Neither of them see that well or wear their glasses, so they tend to miss dust bunnies and spots on the floor. SO this year, after them saying "We don't want a robot-vacuum", I bought them a robot vacuum! It works great! It is an Eufy Boost IQ RoboVac 11S (Slim). It is one of the cheaper robot-vacs, so that is rather simplistic. However, it can climb thick woven cord rugs which was a must for their Cape Cod house. That ability to climb up thick rugs was what I was looking for mostly - this one is a champ. It is very simple, which is not full-featured with scheduling or cleaning settings, but it was cheap & rugged.

What off the wall gift idea worked out well for you? What gift someone didn't want, became their favorite gift?

Damenco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

After your story, I wanted to give my parents the same gift. How much is it worth?

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

For Christmas this year I received a cable weight shaped like 20-sided die. At first I thought it was a little silly but now I use it all the time.

Damenco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I still bought my parents a gift, he's insanely cool

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I bought the exact same thing for my parents this Christmas.

They bought a dog last year and even though she's awesome she sheds a lot so they're very happy to have help cleaning up after her.