Weirdest/Most Awkward Work Related Experience?

• 95 results
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By crusader8463

Below is my most awkward experience while working at a job. At least I thought it was awkward, but I will let you folks decide.

I posted an ad on a local classified website offering to go to peoples houses and try to fix their computers for them. If I could do it I would charge them $20-$30, and if not I wouldn't charge them anything. I honestly wasn't expecting to hear anything back from people, but if I got lucky maybe I could get 2-3 calls and make an extra $100 for my trouble. Well I went on my first, and only, job offer, and holy hell was it a life experience I will not soon forget. 

The job came from a larger lady that lived in a trailer park who was having problems with her computer just randomly blue screening while she used it. So while I was sitting there running tests to see if it was bad RAM or a bad Hard Drive, the lady sat on her couch behind me and was just being nice as we were having a casual conversation about anything, everything and nothing. About half an hour in however, the conversation turned to how much she could expect to pay for me coming over to fix her computer. So I explained to her the above mentioned, and her response to me telling her that was to show me her room in the back of the trailer and explain to me that she was a Dominatrix and that she would give me a free one hour session if I would wave the fee. Fortunately/unfortunately she was very unattractive, and I really needed that money, so I declined her offer as politely as I could and went back to the computer to try and finish the job.

The next hour and a half consisted of her talking to me about all the things she does to her slaves, showing off pictures of them in leather dresses, and how she makes a living being a Dominatrix for rich men in the area. Now, I'm a very open minded person, and a firm believer in supporting anyone doing whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt other people and/or is consensual, so it didn't offend or bother me hearing her talk about this stuff, but holy shit god dam if that was not an awkward experience sitting there listening to her talk about all this stuff she does to her clients. 

I guess it's just the sheltered life I live, but it really took me back at just how casually this women came out to a total stranger about something as personal as that.

So, do you folks have any stories of your own awkward experiences while on a job that you can share? Boss hitting on ya, a random animal getting loose in the offices, an alien abduction in the middle of the day?
pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By pjacobson21

When I worked at best buy a customer honest to goodness took a shit while I was explaining to him what an ipad is all about.  No joke.  His facial expression changes slightly, his leg moved a little, and a little piece of poo fell out of his pants right by his ankle.  I shit you not (har har har).  I dont know if he didn't notice (unlikely) but he pretended like nothing happened! He just kept smiling and nodding while I explained to him the difference between the 3G and wifi models.  I don't think he had any problems or anything, he wasn't elderly and didn't look sick, he just really had to shit!

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Giantstalker

Hmm, well I was training during a military exercise in Alberta, Canada, about two and a half years ago.

This was during the heart of winter, there was snow everywhere and the temperature was forty below - more with wind chill.

Part of the exercise required us to use anti-armor weapons, so we were firing them live on a shooting range for that purpose. The weapon that day was the Carl Gustav 82mm. It was damn cold, I can't stress this enough. Firing in crews of two men each, we were firing round after round without any real problems. That is, until my turn came up to support a buddy to fire his shots. The Gustav is loaded from the rear with a fixed charge, cased projectile. I loaded it, closed the back of the recoilless rifle, and waited for my buddy to fire. I heard the click, he called out the commands, and then... there was this "puff" noise.

The propellent flew out of the front end of the weapon, looking like confetti, and the live projectile popped out front landing in the snow less than five feet away. The actual warhead, powerful enough to destroy an armored vehicle, was right there, and it wasn't going anywhere.

It was a strange, awfully long couple seconds before the NCO in charge told us to move off the firing line and unload the casing. No other firing was performed that day after that incident occurred. I've fired the CG many times but I've never seen a misfire like that since, truly bizarre.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By crusader8463
@pjacobson21: I think you win for weirdest moment. Wow.

@Giantstalker: You got very lucky that thing didn't go off after it landed. That would have certainly been a pants shitting moment as you realize what just happened.
Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Vinny_Says

@crusader8463 said:

Below is my most awkward experience while working at a job. At least I thought it was awkward, but I will let you folks decide.

I posted an ad on a local classified website offering to go to peoples houses and try to fix their computers for them. If I could do it I would charge them $20-$30, and if not I wouldn't charge them anything. I honestly wasn't expecting to hearing anything back from people, or if I got lucky maybe 2-3 calls and I might make an extra $100 for my trouble. Well I went on my first, and only, job offer, and holy hell was it a life experience I will not soon forget.

The job came from a larger lady that lived in a trailer park who was having problems with her computer just randomly blue screening while she used it. So while I was sitting there running tests to see if it was bad RAM or a bad Hard Drive, the lady sat on her couch behind me and was just being nice as we were having a casual conversation about anything, everything and nothing. About half an hour in the conversation turned to how much she could expect to pay for me coming over to fix her computer. So I explained to her the above mentioned, and her response to me telling her that was to show me her room in the back of the trailer and explain to me that she was a Dominatrix and that she would give me a free one hour session if I would wave the fee. Fortunately/unfortunately she was very unattractive, and I really needed that money, so I declined her offer as politely as I could and went back to the computer to try and finish the job.

The next hour and a half consisted of her talking to me about all the things she does to her slaves, showing off pictures of them in leather dresses, and how she makes a living being a Dominatrix for rich men in the area. Now, I'm a very open minded person and a firm believer in supporting anyone doing whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt other people and/or is consensual, so it didn't offend or bother me hearing her talk about this stuff, but holy shit god dam if that was not an awkward experience that I doubt will soon be topped.

I guess it's just the sheltered life I live, but it really took me back at just how casually this women came out to a total stranger about something as personal as that.

So, do you folks have any stories of your own awkward experiences while on a job that you can share? Boss hitting on ya, a random animal getting loose in the offices, an alien abduction in the middle of the day?

so what was wrong with her computer?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By crusader8463
@Vinny_Says: The computer was about 10 years old and the Hard Drive was dying. Just had to go across the road to a Staples and popped in a new one to get her going for awhile. She ended up using it as an excuse to throw it out and buy a laptop. She wanted one with a camera for work related reasons.
PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I was working at Sears in Spokane, WA quite a few years back, and this Russian lady came up to me and tried to return some jeans that were way past our return period. I had to deny the return, which made her start to cry. I told her I was sorry, but there was nothing I could do, and she starts off on this rant about how her husband beats her, and how she fears for her life every day. I don't know why she was telling me all of this. Maybe she was telling the truth. Maybe she just really wanted me to give in and accept the return. I don't know. All I know is that for the next 15 minutes, she went into graphic detail about the stuff that her husband does to her. All of this happening while I was taking care of other customers. It was awkward, it was graphic, it was depressing. All I wanted to do when I got home was smoke a bunch of cigarettes, and then go to bed, trying to forget all the awful shit I'd been told.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By McGhee

I was delivering a pizza to a house at about 11:30 at night. It was very dark except for the porch light. As soon as I knocked on the door I hear something to my right. I see a black guy running around the corner of the house, screaming "OH SHIT! OH SHIT! OH SHIT!". Behind him was a white guy with his shirt off with a pistol in his hand chasing him. They ran right by me and back around the house.

I said "fuck this" and got in my car and called the cops. They drove out there and said there was nothing going on. The people at the house later called asking where there pizza was, we told them that we were sorry and weren't going to deliver it. We think it probably was just a prank, but who knows?

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Afroman269

@pjacobson21 said:

When I worked at best buy a customer honest to goodness took a shit while I was explaining to him what an ipad is all about. No joke. His facial expression changes slightly, his leg moved a little, and a little piece of poo fell out of his pants right by his ankle. I shit you not (har har har). I dont know if he didn't notice (unlikely) but he pretended like nothing happened! He just kept smiling and nodding while I explained to him the difference between the 3G and wifi models. I don't think he had any problems or anything, he wasn't elderly and didn't look sick, he just really had to shit!

wat

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By PeasantAbuse
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

I was delivering a pizza to a house at about 11:30 at night. It was very dark except for the porch light. As soon as I knocked on the door I hear something to my right. I see a black guy running around the corner of the house, screaming "OH SHIT! OH SHIT! OH SHIT!". Behind him was a white guy with his shirt off with a pistol in his hand chasing him. They ran right by me and back around the house.

I said "fuck this" and got in my car and called the cops. They drove out there and said there was nothing going on. The people at the house later called asking where there pizza was, we told them that we were sorry and weren't going to deliver it. We think it probably was just a prank, but who knows?

How often does weird shit happen to you while delivering pizzas?   
McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By McGhee

@PeasantAbuse said:

I've seen way too many old naked men on deliveries. I've seen a pile of teenage girls wrestling in their underwear. I have had people offer me bong hits for a tip. I had a drunk girl invite me back to her place later. The only problem was the dude standing in the room watching me. ;P I've been flashed more times than I can count. I've heard people loudly fucking on the other side of the door. I was once set up to be mugged, but got away. In the same neighborhood, a friend was attacked by a group of teenagers with baseball bats. They beat him up and stole his money and his car. He was in a coma and died three days later. All of this is true. Do it long enough and you will see everything.

mikethekilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mikethekilla

keep the stories coming 

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By supermonkey122

I don't have any stories, but these are great!

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@PeasantAbuse said:

I've seen way too many old naked men on deliveries. I've seen a pile of teenage girls wrestling in their underwear. I have had people offer me bong hits for a tip. I had a drunk girl invite me back to her place later. The only problem was the dude standing in the room watching me. ;P I've been flashed more times than I can count. I've heard people loudly fucking on the other side of the door. I was once set up to be mugged, but got away. In the same neighborhood, a friend was attacked by a group of teenagers with baseball bats. They beat him up and stole his money and his car. He was in a coma and died three days later. All of this is true. Do it long enough and you will see everything.

Sounds like a mixture of awesome and completely awful, sorry about your friend. 

I think I might apply at my local Dominos. 
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By crusader8463
@McGhee_the_Insomniac: It's fucking revolting what some people do. When I lived with my aunt down in the states for a few months, we ordered Pizza one night and when the guy pulled up he called on the phone and refused to get out of the car. He made us go out side and take the pizza from him in the car. He made sure we held our hands out in front of us so he could see them the whole time to make sure we didn't have anything hidden to attack him with when we got close. The reason was that people in the area were calling for pizza, then jumping the guys when they got to the door, beating the shit out of them and stealing everything. It happened 4 times that night to the same guy.

That experience really painted a bad picture of that country for me, and one that I haven't been able to shake since.
McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By McGhee

@PeasantAbuse said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

Sounds like a mixture of awesome and completely awful, sorry about your friend. I think I might apply at my local Dominos.

Keep in mind that I've been delivering for the better part of ten years. So don't expect crazy shit all at once. Dominos is the best of the delivery chains to work for. If you're in a good area you can make a lot of money for not much work.

damnitsted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By damnitsted

I work at the bookstore at the community college near my house. And just to preface this story, this happened about a week ago during the first week of classes, which happens to be the one of the two busiest weeks of the year. I help people find books and try to get people out the door satisfied with handing over hundreds of dollars. (Now to our story). I was on the sales floor all day helping confused and frustrated customers when I was approached by two very obvious cross dressing men ( like @ crusader8463 I am a believe in supporting anyone doing whatever they want as long as it does not hurt other people) I helped them get the first couple of their books, but about half way through our interaction, the two men start to hit on me very obviously in the middle of the story in front of at least 50 other people. I tried to play it as cool as I could, just helping them get their stuff. If that wasn't bad enough for both parties, the two customers  continued to hit on me as I helped others on the sales floor instead getting the message that I wasn't interested and getting in a solid half an hour line that wrapped the perimeter of the small store. While not as bad as other stories I've heard from other salesmen, it was my most weirdest/most awkward work related experience.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
@crusader8463: That wasn't that bad, one day i walked into the office...butt naked. And i was wondering why all the people on the buss were staring at me.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By crusader8463
@TheDudeOfGaming: Was your hair. I bet you forgot to brush it before you went out.
duskvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By duskvamp
@crusader8463: I can only imagine that your face was like your avatar the entire time. Reading all of these, my weird work moments seem pretty tame.
GoodKn1ght

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GoodKn1ght

I was working as a life guard at a public pool when someone asked us for hand sanitizer. He was a very "bro" looking dude, sporty sunglasses, styled hair and kinda talked like it. As a life guard we have often been asked if we have many things mostly along the lines of life jackets or squirt guns or pool toys and we have to explain, often to their disbelief, that we don't. Hand sanitizer was a new one but one that we actually had so we gave him a squirt in his hand. He immediately slurrped it up and said thanks and walked away. Years later ( I was only fourteen) I found out that the guy was probably trying to get drunk. I had know idea I just thought he wasn't all there and called my boss. The dude left though soon after.

Also working at a wildlife refuge while weed mapping an area I decide to explore around cause that shit is boring as fuck. Deep in the brush it smelled like weed. I had stumbled onto what I thought was a small pot garden. This and meth labs are actually common on refuges, the land is guarded and there are many parts where no one goes. In fact I was weed mapping the area because it had not been done in several years which means they probably hadn't done any work on the land longer then that. Well turns out the pot "garden" was part of 700 pounds worth of marijuana plants.

Not as crazy as some but not exactly normal....

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I've seen some things, but nothing super weird I guess.
Aside from the obvious, my work life was pretty solid, except for the bosses.-

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mmmslash

it's not really weird for the EMS field, but while I was still in my class, I had to take ride along hours, where you work as an EMT-B while still a student. Like a clinical rotation for the EMS field. 

Anyway, my first call is a transfer. No big deal. Second call was a psych (threats of suicide), and that was also no big deal. 

And then there were no more calls for the next six hours. We had a cookout, it was rad. 

Then in my last 30 minutes of my first shift in the EMS field, we get a trauma call. Guy had a motorcycle accident. 

We get there, and there's no work for us. That is to say, the guy's head was smooshed like an overippened melon. Totally, completely obliterated. A couple feet away was his helmet, split in two, and for 300 feet you could see a mixture of gouges in the asphalt, bits of clothing, fluids, and pieces of person. 

Totally and completely surreal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

When I worked as a dog handler at a doggie day care, I got my shoulder separated by a Rottweiler owned by Carson Palmer.  That was pretty surreal especially since I am a huge Cincinnati Bengals fan.  Which still wasn't as weird as trying to help find a fully decked out Bootsy Collins a reputable breeder of Cane Corsos.  It was a fun job but the pay was pretty shitty considering how hard and potentially dangerous the job was.

rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By rawrnosaurous

While I was working as a copy editor for a magazine a while back, my boss would occationally talk about how much she loved kids. Nothing really struck me as out of the ordinary, then one weekend at home while I was doing a little graphic design for our ads she texts me about how much she would love to baby sit my kid. I don't have kids mind you, while the girl I was dating at the time did have a kid I never mentioned it to her. I told her that I didn't have a kid for her to babysit she didn't believe me, and got very angry and upset with me. She started accusing me of child endangerment and neglect, next thing I know CPS comes over later in the week talking about how they recieved a call about child abuse. Again I don't have a kid but my girlfriend at the time did, but we didn't live together. I politely told them that I don't have children nor did I ever, and I showed them inside so that they could look around to make sure. Next week, all of my work was pulled down and taken off of the site and my admin access had been cut off. 

I still don't understand what happened.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By FourWude
@Rawrnosaurous

Potential paedo ring???

Your boss was possibly using you to get access to kids.

Fucking paedo bear strikes again. I'm gonna rip that bear's dick off.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By StrikeALight

Working weekends in a clothes shop quite a while ago, an elderly female customer wanted try on some clothes in the changing room, only to later find that she had flooded it with stinky old piss. Somehow she had managed to get it all over the walls, bless her.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By StrikeALight

@Rawrnosaurous said:

While I was working as a copy editor for a magazine a while back, my boss would occationally talk about how much she loved kids. Nothing really struck me as out of the ordinary, then one weekend at home while I was doing a little graphic design for our ads she texts me about how much she would love to baby sit my kid. I don't have kids mind you, while the girl I was dating at the time did have a kid I never mentioned it to her. I told her that I didn't have a kid for her to babysit she didn't believe me, and got very angry and upset with me. She started accusing me of child endangerment and neglect, next thing I know CPS comes over later in the week talking about how they recieved a call about child abuse. Again I don't have a kid but my girlfriend at the time did, but we didn't live together. I politely told them that I don't have children nor did I ever, and I showed them inside so that they could look around to make sure. Next week, all of my work was pulled down and taken off of the site and my admin access had been cut off. I still don't understand what happened.

Thats well weird. How long ago was this?

Some people are just fucking crazy.

Bobstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bobstar
@pjacobson21 said:
When I worked at best buy a customer honest to goodness took a shit while I was explaining to him what an ipad is all about.  No joke.  His facial expression changes slightly, his leg moved a little, and a little piece of poo fell out of his pants right by his ankle.  I shit you not (har har har).  I dont know if he didn't notice (unlikely) but he pretended like nothing happened! He just kept smiling and nodding while I explained to him the difference between the 3G and wifi models.  I don't think he had any problems or anything, he wasn't elderly and didn't look sick, he just really had to shit!
Today, you won the internet.
Avatar image for ekpyroticuniverse
Ekpyroticuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While wearing a t-shirt with a dinosaur on it my boss pointed at it and said ‘I do not believe in those’ to which I responded ‘what t-shirts?’

She responded ‘No Dinosaurs’

That day I learned the woman I work for is a creationist, who does not know what carbon dating is, thinks the world is 6k years old and earns far too much for someone of her limited intelligence.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By EVO

One time I was talking to a coworker and a but of spit came out of his mouth, only to hit a cleaner in the face as he walked by.

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dylabaloo

@Rawrnosaurous said:

While I was working as a copy editor for a magazine a while back, my boss would occationally talk about how much she loved kids. Nothing really struck me as out of the ordinary, then one weekend at home while I was doing a little graphic design for our ads she texts me about how much she would love to baby sit my kid. I don't have kids mind you, while the girl I was dating at the time did have a kid I never mentioned it to her. I told her that I didn't have a kid for her to babysit she didn't believe me, and got very angry and upset with me. She started accusing me of child endangerment and neglect, next thing I know CPS comes over later in the week talking about how they recieved a call about child abuse. Again I don't have a kid but my girlfriend at the time did, but we didn't live together. I politely told them that I don't have children nor did I ever, and I showed them inside so that they could look around to make sure. Next week, all of my work was pulled down and taken off of the site and my admin access had been cut off. I still don't understand what happened.

That's insane. You should be happy you made it out of that job alive.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By time allen
@pjacobson21 said:
bullshit. 

hahahahahahahahahaha
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By crusader8463
@Ekpyroticuniverse: I had a similar experience with someone, though for me the conversation started when talking about documentaries on Discovery Channel, and she started to go on about how all science was a lie made up to brainwash people into Satan worshipping and to reject the love of god. I was tempted for a few seconds to argue with her about it, but than I realized it's pointless to talk to people like that and saved myself a headache. The shocking thing about it though, is that she always seemed like a perfectly good, intelligent, rational person until that day.
DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#35  Edited By DarkGamerOO7

The weirdest work experience I ever had was working as an usher at a Jimmy Buffet concert at Alpine Valley, this guy walks right past my station, yells "FUCK CHEESEBURGERS!" and flicks Jimmy Buffet off.

Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ben99

nothing out of the ordinary . It's just fucking stressful at times that I wouldn't mind awkward moments .

rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By rawrnosaurous
@StrikeALight: It was only a couple of years ago, I still think they use my work on their sites though and send it off to promote themselves.

Unfortunately as great as the job was I have no intent on putting it down on my resume. I have no idea what a future employer would hear if they were to try and get into contact with her about me.
Avatar image for ekpyroticuniverse
Ekpyroticuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crusader8463:

yep, same here she was fine till that day, then took a massive dive off the deep end into the crazy pool. after that she was just mental, i mean full on off her head. In fact i have since quit that job i leave it in about five days and i start a new job away from her insanity. so thats a good thing.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By crusader8463
@Rawrnosaurous: That is crazy.
Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Rattle618

My story is not that awkward but here it goes: 
I used to work nights doing remote tech support for verizon business, there were just 4 of us at the office every night and there wasnt a lot of work to be done, so we would always try to find an amusing way to pass the time, one of those ways was chair racing through the floor (all chairs had little wheels on them), so as time went by it got more competitive and eventually I found myself punching a chair shaped indentation on one of the walls of the place (it had really crummy walls...), the hole was huge and we tried to cover it up, but needless to say it was discovered soon enough. The boss took it pretty well, he suspended me and my fellow racer for a week and that was that. I cant for the life of me find the picture I took, Ill keep looking.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By StrikeALight

@Rawrnosaurous said:

@StrikeALight: It was only a couple of years ago, I still think they use my work on their sites though and send it off to promote themselves. Unfortunately as great as the job was I have no intent on putting it down on my resume. I have no idea what a future employer would hear if they were to try and get into contact with her about me.

Could be that was what she intended all along? Use your hard work without giving you the recognition.

It happens a lot in creative industries (happened to me when I worked in graphic design for a local government). I bet a lot of employers go out of their way to make life difficult for people, if it means saving some dough.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

When I was a cashier I had a mid-transition tranny come through my line. It still had a guy face but also had tits and wore girl clothes. When it forgot its receipt, I called back "SIR!" on instinct, and I swear it looked right through my soul when it turned around. It was actually pretty polite about the whole thing, but it was awkward as fuck nonetheless.

JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JBird

I'm currently A Law student, and i had a strange experience whilst shadowing a Barrister about a year back. The case in question involved a guy accused of various sexual offences. I'm not going to explain them, but lets just say he wasn't a nice man. He had 3 similar previous convictions but denied all of them, despite having been found guilty 3 times and been sentenced to various sentences. As a student my job was to sit behind the Barrister (She was prosecuting) and take notes. After the third day the jury went out to consider the verdict and we were all released to hang about. During lunch I was sitting in the court cafe and the defendant walked in. Because he wasn't yet found guilty he was free to do what he wanted. He recognised me and decided to come and chat with me about whether I thought he was guilty. 

This was a horrible conversation. I'd spent three days hearing him lie about what he did, and I knew he was guilty. I did not like him one bit, but looking a guy in the eye and telling him so is not a clever move. So i had to spend an entire conversation being polite, yet distant. and to his question of "do you think i'll be let off, i'm so scared" i said "im sure the jury will make the right decision". Im so glad that i had a moment of clarity to say that! Weird, weird day! The problem after that of course, was he took my answer to be pro him....it really really wasnt!. 

Oh he's now in prison. He was found guilty

rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By rawrnosaurous
@Everyones_A_Critic: I find it really offensive I guess, that you keep on referring to her as IT. That is a very dehumanizing term to use. 

@StrikeALight: It may very well have been the reason, the only annoying thing about it is when it comes to that kind of stuff I'm very live and let live about it. Regardless of the circumstances or what not I refuse to take something seriously enough that I would feel the need to take them to court or call the police. It's come down to it where I had the option to either sue someone or call the police on them, but as much as someone might deserve it I don't ever feel the need that I should do it.
For example, I had an ex of mine who while I was on vacation had broken into my house and stolen things from me, I had the option to call the cops on her or sue her but I didn't.
Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Clonedzero

a few years back i worked at this place that put together and shipped out junk mail of all kinds. like catalogs for stores, army recruitment ads, all that type of crap. i was working the machine and how i spotted it i have no idea since it moves real fast, but i found something that was addressed to me. so i pulled it out, then on break i was in the break room showing people and joking about it.

apparently this was a HUGE no-no. as when the boss found out he started screaming at me saying i broke the law or something, and they could lose that place as a client because not every piece was shipped. so then i was fired.

for taking my own mail.

yup.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By napalm
@GoodKn1ght said:

so we gave him a squirt in his hand.

This is so fucking funny. I can't stop laughing. Goddamn.
Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of these posts are entertaining to read but theyre encouraging me to not get a job....  Goddamn I really need to get one

Avatar image for spicy_jasonator
spicy_jasonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By spicy_jasonator

While working at a convenience store on a college campus one night, I had a student from out forestry program with hair fully of tree sap. He asked if we carried any petroleum products he could use to help remove the sap, but all we really had was baby oil. He seemed willing to give it a try, so I grabbed a bottle off the shelf for him. When I started ring it up for him, he decided he didn't really need a whole bottle, and asked if I could just open the bottle and let him use some. I tried to explain that it was a store, that you needed to buy things in order to use them, and that we can't sell customers opened and partially used products, but for some reason he didn't seem to get it. He eventually bought the bottle anyway and immediately went down the hall toward a nearby bathroom. A couple minutes later he came back to the register with his hair visibly wet and the bottle clearly open, hoping to return it. When I again refused, he seemed legitimately surprised and confused. After breifly trying to argue that he didn't need the rest of the bottle, he walked away and threw the bottle in the trash.

Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Surkov

For the past 3 years autumns, I've been a referee for youth and high school football. It is common for the crew (usually 4 or 5 officials) to carpool to the game. Many of these officials are middle-aged to retired and are conservative. This leads to me not talking a whole lot during the rides, but one conversation sticks out in mind.  

During one of the rides, one of my fellow officials was furious at how much athletes make. I can understand this, but then his defense was just awful and prejudice.  

Quote: "Those steroid fueled apes are so stupid. Those niggers wouldn't have a job if they couldn't jump and white guys didn't pay 'em. I'd like them try to have the skills I have like hunting and fishing." 

I said nothing, but couldn't help but laugh to myself that a part-time carpet salesmen thinks his skills are something worthy of envy.