Well, here goes...

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By squiDc00kiE

As you are probably aware, this is my first blog on the site. I'd just like to take a few minutes and let you know who I am, and what I'm doing here.

My name is Ethan, and while I grew up on Sony consoles exclusively, I'm not biased towards them. In fact, in the last six months I've been playing my newly built PC more than anything. The only other online community I've been a part of was MyIGN, which while well designed, became a mess of passive aggression, and political debates I'd rather not be a part of. My account is still live there, but I doubt I'll ever be going back.

I discovered the Giant Bombcast about 6 months ago, and since then have made a concerted effort to listen to the entire back catalog. Idiotic, I know. So far I am on 10-26-2010. I let you guys know when i finish, and the epic beard that will have resulted.

Thats all for now, thank you to anyone who reads this, and of course Giant Bomb for creating the best gaming site on the net. Peace.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By squiDc00kiE

As you are probably aware, this is my first blog on the site. I'd just like to take a few minutes and let you know who I am, and what I'm doing here.

My name is Ethan, and while I grew up on Sony consoles exclusively, I'm not biased towards them. In fact, in the last six months I've been playing my newly built PC more than anything. The only other online community I've been a part of was MyIGN, which while well designed, became a mess of passive aggression, and political debates I'd rather not be a part of. My account is still live there, but I doubt I'll ever be going back.

I discovered the Giant Bombcast about 6 months ago, and since then have made a concerted effort to listen to the entire back catalog. Idiotic, I know. So far I am on 10-26-2010. I let you guys know when i finish, and the epic beard that will have resulted.

Thats all for now, thank you to anyone who reads this, and of course Giant Bomb for creating the best gaming site on the net. Peace.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

Welcome. Once you're though the Bombcast archives, you should further expand your sick beard with the Endurance Run archive.

Is it weird that I think it's weird when people use their real names on the interwebs? Weird.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By squiDc00kiE

Weird right? weird. *facepalm*

Thanks for the suggestion. Im currently playing through Persona on my Vita, so I'm trying my best to avoid that run. I am looking forward to the deadly premonition one though.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By zeforgotten
@Ravenlight said:

Welcome. Once you're though the Bombcast archives, you should further expand your sick beard with the Endurance Run archive.

Is it weird that I think it's weird when people use their real names on the interwebs? Weird.

I wish more places forced people to do that, actually. 
It would make a whole lot of people shut the fuck up because now there's a chance people might find out where they live. 
Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

@ZeForgotten said:

I wish more places forced people to do that, actually. It would make a whole lot of people shut the fuck up because now there's a chance people might find out where they live.

I agree with the sentiment but I think there are too many crazy people on the internet for that to be a good idea :/

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zeforgotten
@Ravenlight said:

@ZeForgotten said:

I wish more places forced people to do that, actually. It would make a whole lot of people shut the fuck up because now there's a chance people might find out where they live.

I agree with the sentiment but I think there are too many crazy people on the internet for that to be a good idea :/

True, but then just don't be a dick and you should be safe from the crazy people 

Not you as in you as a person, I mean people who are dicks in general. 
Though if they're like that I wouldn't mind them getting found and beaten enough so not even their mothers would recognize them. 

I may be one of those crazy people 
Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ravenlight

@ZeForgotten said:

True, but then just don't be a dick and you should be safe from the crazy people Not you as in you as a person, I mean people who are dicks in general. Though if they're like that I wouldn't mind them getting found and beaten enough so not even their mothers would recognize them. I may be one of those crazy people

I was referring more to creepy internet stalkers than people who could use a good face-punching.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zeforgotten
@Ravenlight: Meh, internet stalkers are harmless, again, they're hiding behind a screen.  
If use of real names and you could set your profile to show who's currently watching it, those people would go hide too. And then those who are still "tough" enough to be a creepy internet stalker would get beaten up too :D 
audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By audiosnow

@squiDc00kiE said:

I discovered the Giant Bombcast about 6 months ago, and since then have made a concerted effort to listen to the entire back catalog. Idiotic, I know.

Idiotic? You mean ideal.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By squiDc00kiE

How about everyone be awesome always. There. Problem solved. :) @mlarrabee Yeah I know I'm loving it, just a huge time commitment.

Neferon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Neferon

Welcome Ethan!

The people here are nice, so hopefully your days at GiantBomb will end up being more fruitful than what happened at MyIGN. :)

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

Hello and welcome!

You've been around for 6 months, so you might know most of these, but still, they might come in handy at some point.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By cornbredx

Welcome to the site. 
It's not a threat, or something to fear, but you may never leave! 

Have fun on the best damn video game website on the web.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ThunderSlash

Welcome to the forums duder!

I discovered the Giant Bombcast about 6 months ago, and since then have made a concerted effort to listen to the entire back catalog.

You have a death wish. It's going to consume youuuuuu!

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By squiDc00kiE

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and the suggestions of what to check out. @ThunderSlash yes I know. I've already stopped listening to Beyond, Game Scoop, Rebel FM, and a few others in favor of catching up on GB. No regrets so far.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#16  Edited By ShadowMoses900

I'm new here too. Hope to get to know all of you guys! Feel free to follow me and I'll follow you, the community here is surprisingly friendly and mature.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By squiDc00kiE

@ShadowMoses900: Just did. Thanks for the support.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

That's not weird, with alot of podcast's gone now I listened to the 2006 best of Podcast of The Hot Spot, optimistic talks about Transformers movie, talk about how great Tokyo Drift was, innocent times...

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Winternet

If you want it nicely put together in a highlights fashion, let me suggest http://www.thisyearcollection.org/. You can also listen to the Hotspot years which will let you even deeper into the psyche of the dudes that make Giant Bomb.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By renmckormack

ONE OF US

ONE OF US

ONE OF US

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

@squiDc00kiE said:

I don't want to spoil anything for you but at some point Vinny says cunt.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By squiDc00kiE

@FiestaUnicorn: Whaaat?! Noooo!!! haha facepalm. I'm already well past that episode. Classic.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Justin258
In fact, in the last six months I've been playing my newly built PC more than anything

Oooh, then you ought to fit in pretty well here. There seem to be a whole lot of PC people here, or at least an outspoken group of them.

became a mess of passive aggression, and political debates I'd rather not be a part of.

Aggressive, maybe. I doubt it was particularly passive. Anyway, we still have our fair share of debates here. There was the Mass Effect 3 ending, the DmC review, the whole "sexism in games" thing, and politics aren't a stranger to these boards either. That said, the discussions are not bad considering that we're still part of the internet. There are a whole lot of great people here.

listen to the entire back catalog. Idiotic, I know.

Crazy. Not idiotic, but damn crazy. But you are not the first to attempt to listen to every single Bombcast, and probably won't be the last.

Finally, did you come here for the toon poon?