#1  Edited By Teanah
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Hamz

Hey, sad news indeed. GiantBomb gives you our sympathy, I know I do.....keep us posted on what you all get up to!

MasterSplinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By MasterSplinter

I can't imagine how upset you must be. We are all gonna miss the EGM/1UP staff, but I have no doubts that you're gonna bounce back strong. I wish you all the best and much love.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By KamasamaK

Yes, it is sad news indeed. The 1UP crew has my condolence. Glad to hear you still have a job at least.

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By The_Ish

Wait... what happened to 1up? Is this about 1up being bought out? Excuse my ignorance, please.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike
The_Ish said:
"Wait... what happened to 1up? Is this about 1up being bought out? Excuse my ignorance, please.
"
Lots of information in the temporary sticky.  You know, there is usually a great deal of helpful information in those stickies...just sayin'.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Ish
MB said:
"The_Ish said:
"Wait... what happened to 1up? Is this about 1up being bought out? Excuse my ignorance, please.
"
Lots of information in the temporary sticky.  You know, there is usually a great deal of helpful information in those stickies...just sayin'."
Going to read that right now. I usually ignore stickies because usually they just list the rules and I view them as one big blob. >_>
bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By bwooduhs

Yeah it is sad whats happened. Well all the best for the future of 1up.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks

Well I hope they bought you all a drink or two to drown your sorrows.

You all seem very tight knit. I imagine it must be hard to face the prospect of having friends that may have to move out of SF as a result of this. Do try to stay positive though Teanah, those people will remain your friends even if distance comes between you all.

You should have plied Jeff with ample booze and gotten him to line up a job for you at GB ;) 

Try to get a similar role elsewhere, within a games site of course, your OK at it ;) Or better still perhaps you can see this as a opportunity to try something else, perhaps some review writing maybe? Anyway, good luck with it all and stay strong and happy despite.

hendersonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By hendersonman

I remember reading EGM back when I was younger. My first issue was a cover that dealt with Super NES. Its glossy pages, and awesome screenshots of Super mario world made me forget about those losers who were reading Nintendo Power. And EGM has stuck with me all those years. And 1up and its podcasts were legendary. I had always wished I could be apart of a close nit family like you guys were. I hope everything goes well for you in the transition Teanah. Its never easy to be left behind when your friends go :(

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By kush

This is quite the sad turn of events indeed...all my favorite podcasts are gone in the blink of an eye. I still can't fully fathom the situation and I really wish the best to everyone who got canned/quit and everyone who still has a job. What a horrible way to start the new year...