• 125 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for falserelic
#1 Posted by falserelic (5770 posts) -

So what are animes that you thought was just terrible. Animes that you have no intention of ever seeing again. Pick out an anime that you didn't like and express your opinion.

Avatar image for fluxwavez
#2 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19836 posts) -

This kinda belongs in the anime thread, no? Regardless, mine's FLCL, though I do intend on going back to it one day and see if I think any differently of it.

I didn't like it because I found it to be absolutely incomprehensible, with no likable characters (except for maybe big-eyebrows-guy) and a horrid English dub.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
#3 Posted by BestUsernameEver (5026 posts) -

All of them except for Yu yu, Outlaw star and cowboy bebop.

Avatar image for jerseyscum
#4 Posted by jerseyscum (1232 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

This kinda belongs in the anime thread, no? Regardless, mine's FLCL, though I do intend on going back to it one day and see if I think any differently of it.

I really liked FLCL. The soundtrack alone is fantastic!

Avatar image for jerseyscum
#5 Edited by jerseyscum (1232 posts) -

Death Note

The first six or seven episodes are fantastic, almost like Dexter with a supernatural twist. Then the plot progressively gets worse and more insipid with every episode. It's an instruction manual on how to take a fantastic premise and a badass protagonist and completely fuck it up.

Code Geass:

Death Note with robots, stupid haircuts and outfits. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Avatar image for falserelic
#6 Posted by falserelic (5770 posts) -

The most recent anime that I can think of that I didn't like is Strawberry Marshmallow. I was force to watch that sense I lost a bet. If that wasn't bad enough I was also force to watch a extremely disturbing hentai.

Avatar image for falserelic
#7 Posted by falserelic (5770 posts) -

@jerseyscum said:

Death Note

The first six or seven episodes are fantastic, almost like Dexter with a supernatural twist. Then the plot progressively gets worse and more insipid with every episode. It's an instruction manual on how to take a fantastic premise and a badass protagonist and completely fuck it up.

Code Geass:

Death Note with robots, stupid haircuts and outfits. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I have a friend that didn't like death note either.

Avatar image for jerseyscum
#8 Edited by jerseyscum (1232 posts) -

@falserelic said:

The most recent anime that I can think of that I didn't like is Strawberry Marshmallow. I was force to watch that sense I lost a bet. If that wasn't bad enough I was also force to watch a extremely disturbing hentai.

Those can be great if in the right state of mind. Vodka and maybe one or two joints made Bible Black absolutely fucking hilarious. Yeah, I'm fucked in the head. I know.

Avatar image for falserelic
#9 Posted by falserelic (5770 posts) -

@jerseyscum said:

@falserelic said:

The most recent anime that I can think of that I didn't like is Strawberry Marshmallow. I was force to watch that sense I lost a bet. If that wasn't bad enough I was also force to watch a extremely disturbing hentai.

Those can be great if in the right state of mind. Vodka and maybe one or two joints made Bible Black absolutely fucking hilarious. Yeah, I'm fucked in the head. I know.

Trust me when I say this wasn't a normal hentai. I really hated every minute of watching it. But bible black was pretty fun to watch. I've seen most of all the episodes and had a good laugh.

Avatar image for privateirontfu
#10 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3858 posts) -

Anime in general is pretty damn terrible, although I do like a couple.

Avatar image for penguindust
#11 Edited by PenguinDust (12994 posts) -

We have an on going anime thread you could talk about this there. And the answer is Eiken. I like a lot of stuff many people complain about, but Eiken is so bad even I distance myself from it. Oh and Divergence Eve. That one I actually despise, so it's probably the worst I've ever seen. I wrote a blog review bitchin' about it over on AV a couple of years ago. I really hate that one.

Avatar image for jerseyscum
#12 Posted by jerseyscum (1232 posts) -

I forgot Dance In The Vampire Bund.

Ok. Not all Japanese are creeps who get off on sexualized depictions of children. But this shit doesn't exactly help my case.

It took two episodes before I had to punch out. Then take a shower and hope the FBI and Chris Hanson weren't going to show up at my door.

Avatar image for undeadpatpat
#13 Posted by UndeadPatPat (32 posts) -

Soul Taker. Loved the art but everything else was bleah.

Avatar image for demoskinos
#14 Posted by Demoskinos (17325 posts) -

@falserelic said:

The most recent anime that I can think of that I didn't like is Strawberry Marshmallow. I was force to watch that sense I lost a bet. If that wasn't bad enough I was also force to watch a extremely disturbing hentai.

You should go watch Pigeon Blood. ;D

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
#15 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3053 posts) -

All of it.

Avatar image for falserelic
#16 Posted by falserelic (5770 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@falserelic said:

The most recent anime that I can think of that I didn't like is Strawberry Marshmallow. I was force to watch that sense I lost a bet. If that wasn't bad enough I was also force to watch a extremely disturbing hentai.

You should go watch Pigeon Blood. ;D

A hentai where a guy losses his memory. But has a mansion full of sex slaves. I think I seen that hentai before.

Avatar image for jerseyscum
#17 Posted by jerseyscum (1232 posts) -

It's technically not anime. But it's accurate.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Avatar image for betterboulder
#18 Posted by betterboulder (200 posts) -

Chaos;Head

Reign the Conquer

Tenjou Tenge

Avatar image for hunter5024
#19 Posted by Hunter5024 (6702 posts) -

Theres a thread for discussions such as these already. Anyways mine is Rin Daughters of Mnemosyne. I only watched it because some girl I liked told me it was awesome, and I had to watch it so I could tell her I agreed with her. At first the premise (An immortal detective and her assistant solve cases across different decades with a non immortal assistant from the same family) was kind of interesting but there ware frequent (And I mean this literally) torture porn segments, and the ending was some really weird metaphysical bullshit.

Avatar image for falserelic
#20 Posted by falserelic (5770 posts) -

@jerseyscum: LOL! that was pretty entertaining to watch. EVIL VS DARKNESS!

Avatar image for jerseyscum
#21 Posted by jerseyscum (1232 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@jerseyscum: LOL! that was pretty entertaining to watch. EVIL VS DARKNESS!

TOO HORNY TO FIGHT CRIME!

Avatar image for jerseyscum
#22 Posted by jerseyscum (1232 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

Theres a thread for discussions such as these already. Anyways mine is Rin Daughters of Mnemosyne. I only watched it because some girl I liked told me it was awesome, and I had to watch it so I could tell her I agreed with her. At first the premise (An immortal detective and her assistant solve cases across different decades with a non immortal assistant from the same family) was kind of interesting but there ware frequent (And I mean this literally) torture porn segments, and the ending was some really weird metaphysical bullshit.

Seen it too. This means she's more that likely into some really, really kinky debauched sex. Get some of that duder!

Avatar image for falserelic
#23 Posted by falserelic (5770 posts) -

@jerseyscum said:

@falserelic said:

@jerseyscum: LOL! that was pretty entertaining to watch. EVIL VS DARKNESS!

TOO HORNY TO FIGHT CRIME!

LOL! I wonder how the female users are going to feel about that vid.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
#24 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7097 posts) -

@PrivateIronTFU said:

Anime in general is pretty damn terrible, although I do like a couple.

Yeah this about sums my thoughts up as well. Cowboy Bebop is a damn fine show but most are just ridiculous.

Avatar image for hunter5024
#25 Posted by Hunter5024 (6702 posts) -

@jerseyscum said:

@Hunter5024 said:

Theres a thread for discussions such as these already. Anyways mine is Rin Daughters of Mnemosyne. I only watched it because some girl I liked told me it was awesome, and I had to watch it so I could tell her I agreed with her. At first the premise (An immortal detective and her assistant solve cases across different decades with a non immortal assistant from the same family) was kind of interesting but there ware frequent (And I mean this literally) torture porn segments, and the ending was some really weird metaphysical bullshit.

Seen it too. This means she's more that likely into some really, really kinky debauched sex. Get some of that duder!

She certainly is, I'm not going to explain how this story ends though.

Avatar image for _zombie_
#26 Edited by _Zombie_ (1483 posts) -

Naruto. Fuck that show.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
#27 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8734 posts) -

Most, really.
 
The one that still gives me nightmares however is Steel Angel Kurumi.

Avatar image for falserelic
#28 Posted by falserelic (5770 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Most, really. The one that still gives me nightmares however is Steel Angel Kurumi.

That anime sounds very familiar.

Avatar image for hunter5024
#29 Posted by Hunter5024 (6702 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

Anime in general is pretty damn terrible, although I do like a couple.

Yeah this about sums my thoughts up as well. Cowboy Bebop is a damn fine show but most are just ridiculous.

Did you ever watch Samurai Champloo? Its basically cowboy bebop but with samurai instead of space cowboys. Made by the same dudes.

@zombiebigfoot said:

Naruto. Fuck that show.

Awh. Have you even really seen it?

Avatar image for _zombie_
#30 Edited by _Zombie_ (1483 posts) -

@Hunter5024: Yes, I have. Naruto's annoying as shit and drives me up a wall, Sakura's denser than stone, and Sasuke is so blatantly emo that it gave me a headache. I'd be able to get past it if they weren't the main characters, but.. yeah. They are. The storyline was decent at first, but I just lost interest in it, and the show had absolutely nothing to keep me watching. I kept trying to watch episodes and just gave up. It's also partially influenced by my overall anger with the manga, but that's a different subject. Really, I used to love Naruto way back, but I stopped liking it when it hit Shippuden.

Also, the filler. Christ, even Bleach had better filler than Naruto.

Avatar image for stinky
#31 Posted by stinky (1564 posts) -

whatever netflix happens to get.

Avatar image for _zombie_
#32 Posted by _Zombie_ (1483 posts) -

Also, Bleach got pretty shitty too.

Avatar image for cloudenvy
#33 Posted by Cloudenvy (5893 posts) -

As others have mentioned, we have a dedicated anime thread for stuff like this. Regardless, my answer would be Kanokon.

Avatar image for landon
#34 Posted by Landon (4137 posts) -

Golden Boy

Avatar image for canteu
#35 Posted by Canteu (2968 posts) -

My top 4 least favourite anime of all time, in no particular order:

Dragonball Z.

One Piece.

Bleach.

Naruto.

Avatar image for lunar_aura
#36 Edited by Lunar_Aura (2824 posts) -

EDIT: I thought the thread title said "Animals". I should really read past the thread title before replying.

Avatar image for falserelic
#37 Edited by falserelic (5770 posts) -

@zombiebigfoot said:

@Hunter5024: Yes, I have. Naruto's annoying as shit and drives me up a wall, Sakura's denser than stone, and Sasuke is so blatantly emo that it gave me a headache. I'd be able to get past it if they weren't the main characters, but.. yeah. They are. The storyline was decent at first, but I just lost interest in it, and the show had absolutely nothing to keep me watching. I kept trying to watch episodes and just gave up. It's also partially influenced by my overall anger with the manga, but that's a different subject. Really, I used to love Naruto way back, but I stopped liking it when it hit Shippuden.

Also, the filler. Christ, even Bleach had better filler than Naruto.

Even though I like watching Naruto. I got to admit the show can be slow at times, and the filler is annoying. Nowadays I just usually read the manga.

Avatar image for arbitrarywater
#38 Posted by ArbitraryWater (14686 posts) -

I watched like a dozen episodes of Fruits Basket on a particularly destructive "Let me watch the dumbest thing I can find on Netflix" bender (I was also sick). Does that count?

Avatar image for stinky
#39 Posted by stinky (1564 posts) -

saw dragon ball z one weekend on TV, thought it was good.

forgot about, missed it for at least a month. happened upon it once more. STILL ON THE SAME FIGHT from the previous time i saw it.

fuck that, i can't imagine watching it as an entire series. would be there in front of the TV forever.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
#40 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8734 posts) -
@falserelic said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Most, really. The one that still gives me nightmares however is Steel Angel Kurumi.

That anime sounds very familiar.

Its dime a dozen, big breasted mech/robot girl with a childish/innocent mentality and guys obsessing over her tits.
She also frequently hugs everyone tightly between those cushions.
 
Sickening.
Avatar image for superwristbands
#41 Posted by SuperWristBands (2281 posts) -

I don't watch anime all through that I don't like but I watch a lot, so when I find something I don't like I drop it quickly and forget about it. So my answer is one that was fairly recent, but it would be Maken-ki. It's pretty fuckin' dumb but I stopped at the second episode. Got to a really weird scene pretty early in and just turned it off and got rid of it asap. I didn't like it to start with but I figured maybe something will happen in the second episode that will make it interesting.

Nope.

Avatar image for hunter5024
#42 Posted by Hunter5024 (6702 posts) -

@zombiebigfoot said:

@Hunter5024: Yes, I have. Naruto's annoying as shit and drives me up a wall, Sakura's denser than stone, and Sasuke is so blatantly emo that it gave me a headache. I'd be able to get past it if they weren't the main characters, but.. yeah. They are. The storyline was decent at first, but I just lost interest in it, and the show had absolutely nothing to keep me watching. I kept trying to watch episodes and just gave up. It's also partially influenced by my overall anger with the manga, but that's a different subject. Really, I used to love Naruto way back, but I stopped liking it when it hit Shippuden.

Also, the filler. Christ, even Bleach had better filler than Naruto.

All of those are pretty fair arguments I suppose (though I just skip the filler). Personally I actually thought it got better with time, you could really see the writer growing as he wrote it (you gotta get better if you're writing over the course of a decade). In shippuden the character's arcs really hit their stride and they start to become more likable (with the exception of Sasuke who actually gets worse, which is generally a good character arc for an antagonist). But it's not really fair to expect someone to watch 200 episodes of a show before it gets really good so at least you gave it a fair shot unlike most of the people who criticize it.

Avatar image for ace829
#43 Posted by Ace829 (2106 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@Hunter5024: Yes, I have. Naruto's annoying as shit and drives me up a wall, Sakura's denser than stone, and Sasuke is so blatantly emo that it gave me a headache. I'd be able to get past it if they weren't the main characters, but.. yeah. They are. The storyline was decent at first, but I just lost interest in it, and the show had absolutely nothing to keep me watching. I kept trying to watch episodes and just gave up. It's also partially influenced by my overall anger with the manga, but that's a different subject. Really, I used to love Naruto way back, but I stopped liking it when it hit Shippuden.

Also, the filler. Christ, even Bleach had better filler than Naruto.

Even though I like watching Naruto. I got to admit the show can be slow at times, and the filler is annoying. Nowadays I just usually read the manga. Its funny how Naruto

ended up becoming friends with the 9 tail fox.

Woah there! May wanna put that in spoiler tags in case someone that's not up to date on the series sees that.

Avatar image for superwristbands
#44 Posted by SuperWristBands (2281 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong: Don't forget about the robot lesbian!

Avatar image for jrad
#45 Posted by Jrad (638 posts) -

If there were a Tsukihime anime, I'm sure it'd be the worst I'd ever watched. Umineko is in a similar position.

As for extant anime that I've seen and thought were terrible:

Aki Sora. I watched the first episode because it had Ueda Kana (<3) and I figured it couldn't be that bad. I was wrong. So very, very wrong. In the second episode, Ueda Kana was replaced by some hentai VA, (despite the character not changing at all), which probably tells you all you need to know about the series.

Hyakka Ryouran, Popotan, 11eyes, Sora no Otoshimono, Chaos;Head, Astarotte no Omocha!, Maburaho, the list goes on...

Avatar image for nev
#46 Posted by Nev (688 posts) -

I read some of Naruto in manga form, and liked it for a short period. But, catching the English voiced Naruto anime on TV a few times... fuck, it really made me cringe. So that, I guess. Haven't really watched a lot of anime, apparently, when I think back on the ones I did watch.

Avatar image for largo6661
#47 Posted by Largo6661 (355 posts) -

eden of the east hands down!

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
#48 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8734 posts) -
@SuperWristBands said:

@TaliciaDragonsong: Don't forget about the robot lesbian!

I did, but thanks for reminding me.
Ugh.
Avatar image for _zombie_
#49 Posted by _Zombie_ (1483 posts) -

@Hunter5024: I dunno, I'm one of the weird ones that preferred the first series. Could never really figure out why, but Shippuden was just.. off for me.

Avatar image for falserelic
#50 Posted by falserelic (5770 posts) -

@Ace829 said:

@falserelic said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@Hunter5024: Yes, I have. Naruto's annoying as shit and drives me up a wall, Sakura's denser than stone, and Sasuke is so blatantly emo that it gave me a headache. I'd be able to get past it if they weren't the main characters, but.. yeah. They are. The storyline was decent at first, but I just lost interest in it, and the show had absolutely nothing to keep me watching. I kept trying to watch episodes and just gave up. It's also partially influenced by my overall anger with the manga, but that's a different subject. Really, I used to love Naruto way back, but I stopped liking it when it hit Shippuden.

Also, the filler. Christ, even Bleach had better filler than Naruto.

Even though I like watching Naruto. I got to admit the show can be slow at times, and the filler is annoying. Nowadays I just usually read the manga. Its funny how Naruto

ended up becoming friends with the 9 tail fox.

Woah there! May wanna put that in spoiler tags in case someone that's not up to date on the series sees that.

My bad I removed it. Forgive me of my false ways. I would have put the spoiler alert thing up. But for some reason my computer won't let me.