• 108 results
Avatar image for shadowknight508
#102 Posted by ShadowKnight508 (795 posts) -

I usually put on some music or turn on the radio with the volume turned down. For the most part, it works roughly 75% of the time with getting me to drift off to sleep within a half hour or so.

#103 Posted by TheRealMoot (652 posts) -

I exercise if I can't sleep. Which is almost every night lol.

I start by going for a run around the neighborhood. If that's not enough I do sit ups or lift weights till I finally fall asleep. For getting back to sleep? More of the same exercises. It works for me. Just work my body till I can't go any longer and just fall into my bed and wake up X hours later.

As for early morning games? I like JRPG's, something about waking up and staring down a hundred hour long monster feels great lol. Right now i'm working on replaying Dragon Quest 9 and Disgaea D2. ...that ones going to take a lot of early mornings.

#104 Posted by Deo_Brando (27 posts) -

I remembered another good way! Take a warm bath.

#105 Posted by JPPT1974 (114 posts) -

Drink hot cocoa or play on the internet and watching TV. Doing multi-tasking!

#106 Posted by The_Grindilow (529 posts) -

As many others have said, podcasts have been an absolute lifesaver for me. I'm a pretty anxious person and my mind tends to wander if I don't keep it occupied. A chilled out podcast puts me to sleep every time, to the point now where I'd probably struggle to go to sleep without one on in the background! No wonder I'm single.

#107 Posted by Paliv (242 posts) -

I have pretty bad insomnia on and off. I usually fall asleep listening to podcasts. If I wake up and can’t fall back to sleep lately I’ve been watching old Game Room quick looks. Those usually make me pretty sleepy. Or I read. A night shift filter and blue light filtering glasses have seemed to also help with the phone not contributing to the sleep problems.

#108 Posted by pauljeremiah (221 posts) -

I usually turn on a podcast or audiobook via my Bluetooth speaker and I find that once I have something to ignore I can sleep.

#109 Posted by evvaness (1 posts) -

I usually read books or watch movies.

#110 Posted by interlude (4 posts) -

*cough* masterbate *cough*

Look if it works, it works.