What do you think of The Big Bang Theory (show)?

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Cloudenvy

@wmaustin55 said:

@pweidman

I love the show, and get some good laughs every episode. Not like there's many good sitcoms anyway. At least this one's fairly witty and funny. Never thought it would last but now it's syndicated all over.

EDIT: The over-the-top negative reactions to this thread are so damn predictable. Get over yourselves for Christ's sake.

Yeah, I agree. I don't find it funny at all but what's the point of belittling people who do?

The point is probably to boost your own ego to make yourself seem smarter than other people who enjoy such neanderthal entertainment!

That's my guess.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By AngelN7

I hate it I couldn't like a show when one main characters is such a dick, the guy with glasses Leonard? is a nerd but will throw his friends under the bus if he feels they'll get him embarassed from being nerdy and awkward wich he is but not when other people is arround, I watched the first couple of seasons and stopped after that , and laugh tracks in shows are unbereable Seinfeld was the last one allowed to do that . More importantly has anyone watched are we there yet? , Christ that is awful and unfunny in every single way.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By fattony12000

It's worse than Kevin Bacon fucking all those kids.

triviaman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By triviaman09

Here's how you write dialogue in BBT:

1) Character mentions a theorem from science or something nerdy in an everyday context

2) LAUGH TRACK

3) Audience feels good because at least they're not that awkward

4) Collect ratings and reinforce the notion that being intelligent or knowing anything about science or liking comic books or video games = having the social skills of a two-year old

Fuck that show.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Jeffsekai

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I'm usually not into these superficial sitcoms but it's actually very funny

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By louiedog

I get all of the jokes but I don't think it's funny at all. The delivery sucks, the laugh track makes me cringe, and it's way too cliche.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#58  Edited By pyromagnestir

If I catch myself watching it I decide to stop watching tv and do something else. 22 minutes for maybe a chance for one decent laugh is not a good trade.

GiroMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By GiroMindTricks

I thought the early seasons were brilliant, but it's getting worse the longer it goes on. It's like the characters have become parodies of themselves. Now the 'comedy' comes from making fun of the 'nerds' because they're nerdy, when that wasn't the case in the early shows.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By zeforgotten

Teeeerrible

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ninjakiller

It's meh.

veiasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By veiasma

*vomits*

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@nintendoeats: Spaced. Man, I love that show!  I own the DVDs and the Reunion Special.  They called their kid Luke!
Terry_Bogard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Terry_Bogard

One of the most awful shows I've ever seen.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By CptBedlam

I like it quite a bit.

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#66  Edited By XenoNick

I don't mind it.

oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By oatz

I pity anyone who can enjoy that show.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By TheHBK

@Three0neFive said:

It's the equivalent of nerd blackface.

Fuck that show.

I would say that Matt Kessler does that...

I went to MIT and when I saw this show, my jaw dropped. It was as if they took scenes out of my life. Can't really say I am like any of the guys there, god knows I hate lord of the rings, but I knew someone just like Sheldon, or Raj, or Howard, and yes, there is always a Penny. And stuff like this always happened. This is what it was like to study there... shit was real.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#69  Edited By Icemael

I absolutely cannot stand it. The jokes are lazy and the characters aren't funny, just annoying.

@punkxblaze said:

I knew someone in high school like Sheldon. He was the creepiest, most know-it-all, insufferable fuck I've ever known. Fuck that show.

Back in high school more than half my class was people like that. To those who think geeks like the ones in Big Bang Theory don't really exist: I can assure you, they do. I had to be around a group of them for three goddamned years. I even forced myself to be relatively nice to them. That might have something to do with the intense disgust I feel whenever I catch a glimpse of the show.
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#70  Edited By mracoon

I find the show okay, not my favourite but not bad either. Most of the other people in my class (I study physics) absolutely love it and I get how understanding some of the more nerdy/sciencey jokes can make it more enjoyable.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By mandude

I remember enjoying parts of the first season, but lately when I see it in passing, it looks really out of touch. Also, fuck laugh tracks.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#72  Edited By Winternet

DUDE, IT RIPS!!!

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By HellBrendy

@WinterSnowblind said:

@Three0neFive said:

Fuck that show.

That needs to be added to the poll.

I added it on Facebook.

Hate the show. Characters are just unbelievable and stupid, it tries to hard and it's not at all nerdy in the right ways.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#74  Edited By wefwefasdf

Some of the segments are pretty funny overall I rate the show as "meh". It seems to be a show about geeks for people aren't really geeks.

CounterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By CounterShock

@Three0neFive said:

Fuck that show.

QFT

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By jozzy

I can't really form an objective opinion about it anymore because that Penny girl is the cutest. I still enjoy watching it for that reason alone, but it does seem to be getting more predictable and less funny. They did however really made me laugh recently when Sheldon was making that youtube about flags.

On a side note, why is it so hard for people to make a decent poll. An extra option between favorite show ever and having lot's of misses wouldn't go amiss.

chet_rippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By chet_rippo

"That fucking laugh track drives me insane" perfectly describes my feelings for any show that has one. You know something isn't funny when the editors have to tell you when to laugh.

Avatar image for blastprocessing
BlastProcessing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#78  Edited By BlastProcessing

It was the worst, until Whitney came along. Still a catastrophe, but not as bad as Whitney...nothing is...

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By louiedog

@Vadis said:

"That fucking laugh track drives me insane" perfectly describes my feelings for any show that has one. You know something isn't funny when the editors have to tell you when to laugh.

Adding in a laugh track is easier than writing jokes apparently.

edit: They disabled embedding? Bastards.... The first one is worth clicking through to youtube to see how painfully unfunny it is.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#80  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I am not fond of situational comedy.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By NTM

At first when I didn't really watch any of the episodes, I didn't like it, and Sheldon's character bothered me in a weird way, but now when I watch it (repeats on TBS), I know his character is what makes the show. The others are fine as well too. I like the show, but I wouldn't choose any of those you have up there. The biggest problem, though you pay little attention to it (unless you try to), and is every sitcom, is the laughing audience.

They always seem to laugh at anything, it's pretty annoying 'cause you know it's not real. Now when it comes to those dumb TV award shows, if I ever catch them, I'll always root for Jim Parsons when it comes to comedy. From what I remember, he seemed to always win a lot. I think people feeling it depicts nerds in a wrongful way are dumb and overly sensitive to the matter. I think the writers of the show themselves are probably nerds, and it's commending nerdy stuff if anything, and it's not just fodder to get a laugh.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i sometimes find it funny.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It feels like it's a show that makes people who know nerds feel like they can relate/get nerd humor, when it's really just written by people who know nerds who are trying to capture something they don't completely understand.

eugenesaxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By eugenesaxe

@phish09 said:

Incredibly painful to watch, but it is targeted at kids and pre-teens, I just don't think I'm in their demographic.

Yeah, because kids/pre-teens understand what they're talking about.

You don't have to like the show, but don't embarrass yourself with stupid comments like that just to make yourself feel superior to others.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@Three0neFive said:

Fuck that show.

This. Check it out with no laugh track:

eugenesaxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By eugenesaxe

First non-animated network show I've watched in years. Love it.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By cookiemonster

I've watched probably about twenty episodes and sniggered maybe once or twice. I don't find it particularly funny.

roborobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#88  Edited By roborobb

Painful to watch

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Ben_H

I don't like it at all. Both of my parents watch it and try to get me to watch it, but I don't have the patience for it.  The few times I have watched it I've always noticed things that seem trivial (but with complex names) that they try to make a big deal out of to seem funny.  Like the one episode where they're in an electronics store and the Sheldon guy makes a big deal out of an 802.11N wireless router.  I just sat there and tried figuring out what was funny. Those things aren't exactly rare. 

Also, they claim they're video game nerds yet they brag about playing Halo.  The nerds the show sets out to emulate typically despise games like that and go for deeper games than run of the mill FPSs.  There's nothing wrong with Halo, I just think it's an inaccurate description of the type of people this show is trying to portray.  Usually supernerd-types go for DnD, or other RPGs. 

That laugh track is so annoying, but that applies to every primetime network comedy. They're all awful and use laugh track to cover for their horrible writing.

Avatar image for ultimatepunchrod
ultimatepunchrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ultimatepunchrod

It goes out of its way to make references. Basically trying to say, "See, we get it too!" but they don't.

LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#91  Edited By LaszloKovacs

@Three0neFive said:

Fuck that show.

This.

The fact that it even exists makes me want to die.

Sidekick-Trio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Sidekick-Trio

It certainly is 22 minutes of main stream scripted comedy...

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By CL60

Is there anything popular that this community DOES like?

Legitimate question here. The majority of popular things I see be brought up here are just bashed mercilessly.

JuggertrainUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By JuggertrainUK

@ZimboDK said:

Yeah, it's pretty good. It's no How I Met Your Mother, but does feature Kaley Cuoco in revealing clothes.
BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By BRich

It is the most insufferable show I've ever seen.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By ShaggE

@Everyones_A_Critic said:

@Three0neFive said:

Fuck that show.

This. Check it out with no laugh track:

You can do that with every traditional sitcom in history. Of course there's going to be awkward pauses during the laughs.

Personally, I quite enjoy the show. It's pandering, but Jim Parsons is just such a great physical comedian. I just wish they'd tone down the laugh track to a dull roar. When HIMYM comes on afterwards, the volume difference is STAGGERING. It's like a motorcycle versus an electric car.

On a side note, I love how viciously angry people get when fans discuss the show. It's just like discussing Tim & Eric: you always get a few idiots making hastily typed threats and blanket insults, like the quality of a TV show is the single most important issue known to man. *cough iPliskin cough*

actionTACO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By actionTACO

how dare these soulless, money grubbing corporations exploit our rich culture and make light of the constant struggle nerds like me face every day. this show is literally the holocaust.. BUT FOR NERDS!

DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#99  Edited By DjCmeP

I feel like killing someone every time I hear someone likes it or thinks the show is funny.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By SlasherMan

@Fobwashed said:

The poll needs something below favorite, but above lots of misses. It's definitely not my favorite, but I don't think it has a lot of misses neither.

This.

I actually like the show a lot, even though at first I didn't. The characters grow on you.

Also, I thought this show was filmed in front of a live audience? Certainly seemed like it from some of the bloopers, but even if not, it's still fine. I never found the laugh track too annoying.