What Does The GiantBomb Community Think?

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Akeldama

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Akeldama
@Ossi: Yea i muted the drum track because my camera's sound is complete shit and i did not want it to interfere with my cover.
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ahriman22
@Akeldama: I'll just C&P from the other thread.

@Akeldama: Pretty good, I don't need to hear, since simply looking is good enough. May I recommend some things that I've learned through my years touring and from my teacher?
  • More wrist, I noticed you use your elbow allot, try focusing on your wrists, if you don't that could bring health problems later on.
  • UNTIGHTEN THOSE CRASHES. Just do, they're quite tight and you may end up getting a crack starting from the center.
  • Learn the difference between a side ride hit and a bell hit, from what I could see you were just hitting the side. It could be the camera angle though.
  • Tighten your china and keyhole it. Drill a hole at the end of the crack if you can to stop it from spreading. Although you should just get a new cymbal.
  • Use your splash more and bring it up a bit, you'll have easier access to it.
  • Get around ear headphones AND earplugs, you'll go deaf if you don't.

EDIT: I noticed something else too, you move your drumstick away from your snare, don't do that, try and keep it hovering over the snare. If you plan on going into the fast Metal domains then it's crucial you learn to keep your stick in one spot, going from you knee to the snare can kill precious milliseconds.

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AngeTheDude

He's very right about the wrist. Max Weinberg of the E Street Band was out for quite a while recovering from tendonitis or something in his elbow. He talked about it on Late Night with Conan O'Brien and said that he wasn't using his wrists enough when playing.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ahriman22
@AngeTheDude: Not to mention he'll go faster and nail Blast beats easily.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Akeldama
@ahriman22: wow thanks for all the tips. And yes i do definitely distinguish my side hits from my bell hits. 

Thanks man :D

BTW i am definitely going for a new china. My current one is FUBAR.
AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AngeTheDude
@ahriman22: I play guitar and I'm going through the same thing. I'm trying to move away from my elbow and use more of my wrist to strum. It's really tough to make the switch.
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ahriman22
@Akeldama said:
" @ahriman22: wow thanks for all the tips. And yes i do definitely distinguish my side hits from my bell hits. 

Thanks man :D
"
No problem, always helping a fellow drummer. Fell free to ask any questions via PM if you need. Damn... I can't turn off this bold font.
@AngeTheDude
said:
" @ahriman22: I play guitar and I'm going through the same thing. I'm trying to move away from my elbow and use more of my wrist to strum. It's really tough to make the switch. "
Yeah, I had those troubles too when I first started, my teacher gave me hell and my mom..

Oh god my mother, she played the trumpet for 11 years, knows theory of ever instrument and is a human metronome. She also played in the Montreal Conservatory, so you could imagine the hell she would give me if I went off beat or did anything wrong.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Akeldama
@ahriman22: im covering more songs really soon and ill be sure to send them ur way if you dont mind. You have some really useful tips and experience from the sound of it :D
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ahriman22
@Akeldama: lol Thanks. I'm only 16, but I've been touring for three years and playing for 6. Although that's relatively small for some, I grew up/am growing up in a family of musicians (With more ties to famous musicians than I care to mention) and they've pretty much jammed 50 years of experience into my cranium. So I could help you with lots.
AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AngeTheDude

Ahriman22: DRUMMING PROTIP: Use your wrists!

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Akeldama
@ahriman22: wow im nearly 16 and i have been drumming for about 3 - 4 years now. Good to know i have a non bias critic to improve my stuff with :D 
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ahriman22
@Akeldama: lol yeah, youtube "critics" won't help at all... Bad vibes man.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Akeldama
@ahriman22: oh man do i know it. Everyone on youtube is just looking to e fight with others. And all my facebook critics are all the same. "OMG THAT WAS GR8. YOU SHOOD DO MORE PLOX". 

no help from either of them. 
AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AngeTheDude

No way, I love the youtube critics! Reading through the comments reassures me of my superiority to some people, but some of the comments make me hate humanity.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Akeldama
@AngeTheDude: Yes. Youtube has made me lose my faith in humanity almost completely. 

Thank fuck for Giantbomb right?
AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AngeTheDude

There's a few simpletons around here, but not as bad as ANY other place on the intarwebz.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Akeldama
@AngeTheDude: I find the community at GB to be a lot better than most sites. Especially for a gaming site that asks what console you associate yourself with. 
AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AngeTheDude
@Akeldama: stfu u sony fanboy
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Akeldama
@AngeTheDude: sorry to deviate you from buttfucking mario XD
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By OmegaPirate

Hey hey stop fighting - we all know the xbots are tob lame!

Seriously though mate that wasn't at all bad- and ahriman is right on all of his tips there- i havent drummed for a few years now (moving back into parents forced me to sell up :( ) but that was not bad at all bud