What emotion do you feel when you see De Niro like this?

• 71 results
WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

This makes me sad. Why De Niro why?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

None really. He has done this to himself for a long time. No one made him be a comedic actor in bad comedies.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WynnDuffy

None really. He has done this to himself for a long time. No one made him be a comedic actor in bad comedies.

This one hits me for some reason. Something wrong seeing him cast as the grandpa in a shitty spring break movie.

God damn it.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By 49th

Very amused. For instance, why is his pants down? Haha, I'm intrigued.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bobby gotta eat.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By imsh_pl

Arousal.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Whatthefuckeverness, Iwannabuyitness.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mirado

It's on the scatter plot; around 2002, he just stopped giving a shit, and so did I.

No Caption Provided

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not too concerned about Robert DeNiro's career anymore. He gave us a ton of great films, and now he just wants to relax and do shitty movies until he quits. Dirty Grandpa is a very bad film, but the introduction of Danny Glover's short scene in the film made me laugh.

Loading Video...

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd sign up just to say that line.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wjb: Danny too? You're breaking my heart.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look the only thing De Niro is probably worrying about right now is leaving a giant pile of money for his kids and grandkids.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

It gave the world these Aubrey Plaza anecdotes, so the movie can't be all bad.

Loading Video...

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got no beef with Bobby D. Homeboy is in some of the best movies of all time, he's got nothing left to prove. Why not kick back in your golden years and just take roles that sound goofy/stupid/against type? Hell that's what I would do.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Robert De Niro has been the "keep getting those checks" guy for a while. It happens to the best of actors when they get older like Marlon Brando and Al Pacino. They have done enough iconic films that people are giving them boat loads of money to do garbage. Legacy is not as important as having money in the bank.

Loading Video...

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By MocBucket62

@mirado: I would think he stopped caring at 2000, when Rocky and Bullwinkle came out (he played the main villain Fearless Leader).

But anyways, I feel bummed but I'm also not surprised. Sure Dirty Grandpa has a horrid Rotten Tomatoes score, but De Niro has been doing this for a while and does it knowing it gives him a quick paycheck.

This thread also makes me think of the end of the Bejeweled 3 Quick Look when Ryan and Jeff Green talked about a Bejeweled Movie starring Robert De Niro as the blue diamond.

Edit: Darn it, @zleunamme beat me to showing that one De Niro Clip from Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Nakirendral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nakirendral

I think it actually makes me happy! I love the shit outta Bobby D, but the fact is, no matter the industry, a divorced man in his 70s with 6 kids still has a (financial) legacy to make/pay for those children! So, even though he has gotten tons of accolades in the past, I am glad to see him getting work - I will probably never see any of this drivel, but happy to see him still getting a paycheck :)

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cmblasko

Usually when they do covers like that they position the title logo over a lady's chest to give teenage guys the idea that you might get to see her topless in the film if you watch the unrated version. This video places the title logo over De Niro's waist and his pants are visibly down. So am I to understand that they are selling the unrated version of this film on the idea that you might get to see an old man's junk if you buy it?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It makes me realize why sean connery retired...

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GalacticPunt
Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To hell with Bobby DeNiro, are people really tight-rolling their pants again?

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How the mighty have fallen.

But, y'know, at that age and with so much success beforehand, I'd say "fuck it" and do whatever as well.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By oldenglishc

@cmblasko said:

Usually when they do covers like that they position the title logo over a lady's chest to give teenage guys the idea that you might get to see her topless in the film if you watch the unrated version. This video places the title logo over De Niro's waist and his pants are visibly down. So am I to understand that they are selling the unrated version of this film on the idea that you might get to see an old man's junk if you buy it?

I've never lamented the death of 3-D more than I am right now.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Robert DeNiro has earned the right to act in whatever piece of shit movie he wants. He’ll still be one of the all time greats.

groposo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It gives me the feeling that maybe he doesn't care anymore.

Like the great Ryan "Papa Bear" Davis once said about Robert De Niro: "Surprise me. By saing no to something."

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Curiosity because I wonder how actors, specifically those as big as De Niro, end up in movies like this. Do they owe someone a favor? Are they secretly having money trouble? Is it simply a big, fat check for little to no work? Or are the genuinely interested in the project and whether or not it's good is irrelevant because they've already reached that legendary status? Hollywood is a fascinating place.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By Captain_Insano

I don't mind because he clearly doesn't care. He's not trying to balance being a 'serious actor' with also doing goofy comedies. De Niro's back catalogue is so freaking solid, so many classic films. His work now doesn't impact my opinion of them or of him - he's just making bank and that fine. He has like a 5 year old kid! (keep in mind that he's in his 70s).

I think it'd be more worrying if he was trying to do serious stuff and failing at it - somehow that would be more jarring. Even if it was appearing in a Marvel film or something and just being really bad in a role - that would feel like: "man, De Niro used to be such a great actor". Whereas now it's just "Ha, man he really doesn't give a shit anymore"

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mocbucket62: My understanding of Rocky and Bullwinkle was that De Niro was a fan of Rocky and Bullwinkle and got TriBeCa to bankroll it. So, weird as it may seem, Rocky and Bullwinkle was a little passion project for him.

BelowStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's made some of the greatest movies of all time which is more of an accomplishment than most professionals can say in their feild, and he's been making shitty movies for about 15 years now so this is no surprise.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By OurSin_360

Curiosity because I wonder how actors, specifically those as big as De Niro, end up in movies like this.

Well they seem to be mostly comedies, maybe he thinks they are funny and genuinely likes them? Or maybe they are just fun to make?

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The story I heard was that DeNiro had some serious health issues around the turn of the millennium and decided to take a less stressful/time consuming path in his career.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The story I heard was that DeNiro had some serious health issues around the turn of the millennium and decided to take a less stressful/time consuming path in his career.

That's when life says that maybe your days on the silver screen is over.

CanadianMath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh. If he is having fun and enjoying his life, go nuts. I'm sure he doesn't need the money, so he must be doing it for the fun at this point.

Xdeser2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

De Niro gotta eat.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@mordukai said:
@dave_tacitus said:

Is it? Maybe he can decide himself what he wants to do. Just a thought.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:
@mordukai said:
@dave_tacitus said:

Is it? Maybe he can decide himself what he wants to do. Just a thought.

I didn't really mean it from a malice POV. More like maybe he can try his hands again with directing or do what Clint Eastwood has been doing for years now. The Good Shepard was very enjoyable even though the last third of it dragged on but the acting was solid and story was very captivating.

Anyways, I should have explained my stance better.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@mordukai: Ugh, Clint Eastwood...

Anyway, I don't know if what you think he can do is what he actually wants to do though. Maybe this is what he wants to do.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think if he's enjoying himself, then that's a good thing, and though I think he's a great actor, I'm not the biggest fan of the films he's in (well, obviously, but you know what I mean). What I think when I see this though is perhaps obvious as well, which is asking rhetorically why he does these dumb movies when he was in some big films and they were big mainly because of him. I don't care too much though.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It makes me feel a deep sense of sadness and shame.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Oh well. I guess it's nice that they don't seem to take themselves too seriously and aren't too precious about their legacy.

At least with guys like Pacino and De Niro, they're probably having some fun.

Harrison Ford has looked so fucking miserable while phoning in his performances for about the last 15 years. More like Harrison Bored. I much prefer the Jeremy Irons Dungeons & Dragons approach. He needed the money and knew the whole thing was fucking stupid, so he just hammed it up and devoured scenery like a black hole and it was glorious. He and Bruce Payne made that movie way too watchable.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#44  Edited By DharmaBum

We'll always have Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, Goodfellas, Godfather 2, and Cape Feare.

Dude has kids to feed probably and sold his soul to the devil long ago.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@oursin_360 said:
@babychoochoo said:

Curiosity because I wonder how actors, specifically those as big as De Niro, end up in movies like this.

Well they seem to be mostly comedies, maybe he thinks they are funny and genuinely likes them? Or maybe they are just fun to make?

Hey, that's fine with me. Like I said, just genuinely curious. It's part of my nature I guess lol. Sometimes I just need to know. You hear rumblings about all the shady shit that goes on in Hollywood and it just makes one think is this actor doing this because they want to? Did this director really get a chance to direct or did the studio step in, takeover, and turn them into little more than a puppet to take the fall? Is this actor really difficult to work with or were they just having a bad day that was made public? Is this director/producer really an asshole? etc etc.

It's one of those "what I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall" type of things. I imagine the vast majority of meetings and filming days would be pretty boring , but there has to be some that make you go "no fucking way!"

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Continued respect.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By chilibean_3

hahaha that's hilarious a naughty grandpa hoho wait why is this creepy old garbage man telling me not to immunize my children what come on fuck this guy

Dude went bad long, long ago.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hahaha that's hilarious a naughty grandpa hoho wait why is this creepy old garbage man telling me not to immunize my children what come on fuck this guy

Dude went bad long, long ago.

He backed away from that immunisation BS after talking to people who actually knew what they were talking about and admitted he was mislead by certain information (if I remember right).

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By thomasnash

@mirado said:

It's on the scatter plot; around 2002, he just stopped giving a shit, and so did I.

No Caption Provided

This is pretty funny, but I would like to point out that it's obviously incomplete: Silver Linings Playbook came out in 2012 and has 92% on RT.

Also Limitless has 70% (2011) and he's in American Hustle which has 93% (2013)

Bill_P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this any worse than Pacino in crappy Adam Sandler movies?