What happened to Masoumi?

StudioMaslar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By StudioMaslar

Does anyone remember Masoumi. He was a gamespot user whos videos were featured in the summer of 2006. He made several comedic videos with topics such as "top 10 reasons to not go to e3" citing reasons such as "nerd sweat" etc. He also had one about how the real question about next gen consoles was "what would the boot up sequences look like". And he had a very popular one called "the hardest game ever made" about abbadox for the NES. I was able to find his videos on the wayback machine but they don't play of course. I have tried to search all over but I cant find anything and youtube hadnt really taken off yet, even james rolfe was just getting started. There has to be someone who saved them because they were hilarious. He was also mentioned "on the spot" at least once I would wager that gerstman and the rest of the guys would remember him too. If anyone knows anything post it here maybe we can summon him or find somone who has the videos saved on a disc or an old hard drive.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I remember the Abbadox videos. Probably one of the first video internet skits I saw. Dunno what happened to the guy.

StudioMaslar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Apparently he was a film student in Toronto, Ontario. After some research it seems like he may have attended humber college. Also he was born in 1984-11-3. The only email I could find was an old hotmail account masoumi1984@hotmail.com. It would appear that he may have been active on giantbomb under the name @markm up until 2014 however the account is now labeled as deactivated. Those posts and reviews can still be found here:https://www.giantbomb.com/profile/deactivated-5a995178e28eb/

I have speculated that it's possible he pulled himself from the public eye due to an overwhelming amount of attention however he at one point created his own forum on gamespot to manage the virtual torrent of messages he was receiving. In another instance he made a post about someone plagiarizing his videos on another site although he took the high ground and labeled it flattery. As far as I can tell the last video made by him was a review of the infamous E.T. for the Atari 2600. It seemed as if a great many people took his videos seriously as was the same with avgn when he first appeared on gamespot and screw attack and I wonder if that may have contributed I his sudden disappearance from the internet. Could there have been a conflict over ownership of the videos with ziff Davis? Seems to me like youtube would be a perfect place for him to make a successful film career since that was his goal at the time. Over all I would just love to watch those videos again. Hoping some of thisbinformation can help find them and if course hope that he is okay.