What have you been reading? - Book Discussion Thread

Avatar image for sloppydetective
SloppyDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I just started reading Jaws a book about a shark named Jaws. I guess I'm just on a kick of reading the books that inspired the film hits of the late 60's and 70's. Its fine so far but it made such a point of making out the main character to be a down to earth, salt of the earth, earth man; it felt a little much. But I get the feeling this was more of a huge paperback/supermarket/airplane book of its time rather than capital-L-literature.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 34

This isn't so much what I'm reading, but both David Wong and Emily St. John Mandel are coming out with new books this year, and that makes me pretty darned happy.

MonkeyKing1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

I just started reading Jaws a book about a shark named Jaws. I guess I'm just on a kick of reading the books that inspired the film hits of the late 60's and 70's. Its fine so far but it made such a point of making out the main character to be a down to earth, salt of the earth, earth man; it felt a little much. But I get the feeling this was more of a huge paperback/supermarket/airplane book of its time rather than capital-L-literature.

From what I know, the book included something about Brody's wife 'having past' with Hooper. That seems to be one of those small town complications Hallmark Channel would love.

spencerarcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I got back into the Expanse series of books - I've gotten bad at not keeping up with reading these days.