Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

Alright, here we are again. A blog no one cares about, in weekly format. What I played this week! 

Netflix

I kept this one for last in my last blog, for surprise/stupidity value. But, it took up the majority of my week. But, it came to an end. I finished the last of the seasons of the Office available for instant stream, and just like that, my heart sank. I feel almost empty inside, like now that I'm done with it, and I have to wait forever for season 7 to show up, since I can't watch it in real time. But, it leads way to my next point. I forgot how much I fucking love achievements.  

Dorito's Crash Course

I get it, y'all say it's not really a game, cause it was free. But do you know what, I hadn't put significant time into a video game in forever, and it was my entryway. And more importantly, I didn't have to get up to put a disc in. I was just fucking around, and bam, chievo. And all of a sudden, I remembered why I lived, and that I wasn't empty inside. (This was right after finishing the Office, btw). So I spent some time, got a decent amount of achievements from the game, and then realized I liked it. So I moved on. 

Darksiders

My first real video game in awhile. Not racing, not Rock Band, not Crash Course. But a real game, with controls and enemies and a story line and everything. And it's actually pretty good. I heard all of the Zelda comparisons and I don't see it. I mean, I do, but I can put it aside. I'm not super far into it, but it's super satisfying to jump on a fire bat and rip its face off. And even more satisfying to do it twice, without ever touching the ground. It does get a little bit annoying at times, and even hard if you don't have the right formula to beating an enemy. I'll write more about this when I'm further, but I have this to say right now. Fuck Angels. 

Monopoly Streets

Okay, so I may have gone a little over board in my newly rediscovered "I want achievements" kick. But in all fairness, the game is my girlfriend's, not mine. And we played it together, so it was more of a date than achievement whoring. Regardless, I got a ton of achievements my first game, cause I'm ballin at monopoly. And surprisingly, it was actually sort of fun. 

Okay, that's it. Sort of a slow week, but I got a slow start. Achievements aplenty will come this next week, hopefully.
CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

Alright, here we are again. A blog no one cares about, in weekly format. What I played this week! 

Netflix

I kept this one for last in my last blog, for surprise/stupidity value. But, it took up the majority of my week. But, it came to an end. I finished the last of the seasons of the Office available for instant stream, and just like that, my heart sank. I feel almost empty inside, like now that I'm done with it, and I have to wait forever for season 7 to show up, since I can't watch it in real time. But, it leads way to my next point. I forgot how much I fucking love achievements.  

Dorito's Crash Course

I get it, y'all say it's not really a game, cause it was free. But do you know what, I hadn't put significant time into a video game in forever, and it was my entryway. And more importantly, I didn't have to get up to put a disc in. I was just fucking around, and bam, chievo. And all of a sudden, I remembered why I lived, and that I wasn't empty inside. (This was right after finishing the Office, btw). So I spent some time, got a decent amount of achievements from the game, and then realized I liked it. So I moved on. 

Darksiders

My first real video game in awhile. Not racing, not Rock Band, not Crash Course. But a real game, with controls and enemies and a story line and everything. And it's actually pretty good. I heard all of the Zelda comparisons and I don't see it. I mean, I do, but I can put it aside. I'm not super far into it, but it's super satisfying to jump on a fire bat and rip its face off. And even more satisfying to do it twice, without ever touching the ground. It does get a little bit annoying at times, and even hard if you don't have the right formula to beating an enemy. I'll write more about this when I'm further, but I have this to say right now. Fuck Angels. 

Monopoly Streets

Okay, so I may have gone a little over board in my newly rediscovered "I want achievements" kick. But in all fairness, the game is my girlfriend's, not mine. And we played it together, so it was more of a date than achievement whoring. Regardless, I got a ton of achievements my first game, cause I'm ballin at monopoly. And surprisingly, it was actually sort of fun. 

Okay, that's it. Sort of a slow week, but I got a slow start. Achievements aplenty will come this next week, hopefully.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By iam3green

it looks like a slow week man. i have been playing the same old games like before. i am trying to beat them and have fun with them, black ops multiplayer.

Avatar image for shadowknight508
ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By ShadowKnight508

I really need to try Darksiders one of these days...I keep forgetting to give it a try with the massive amounts of time I am investing into Borderlands GOTY and Zombies on Black Ops (especially Kino Der Toten) on the PS3. Trying to grind out every trophy in Borderlands and get my 1st Platinum trophy ever is quite tough xD

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64
@shadowknight508:   Have fun trying to get a platinum in Borderlands.
Avatar image for shadowknight508
ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By ShadowKnight508
@JJOR64 said:
" @shadowknight508:   Have fun trying to get a platinum in Borderlands. "
Thanks...at the moment I am at 78% of the trophies and just have the trophies from Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot and a few from General Knoxx/Claptrap's New Robot Revolution to get. Still need to get the trophy for using Brick's and Morcai's action skill to get 5 kills as well (beat game with Roland and Lilith).
robot4me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By robot4me

tatsunoko vs capcom,  black ops,  crazy taxi, super mario galaxy 1 and 2, super street fighter, costume quest, the secret of mana, the legend of zelda a link to the past, mario kart wii, halo reach. yes I have the time to play all these games, i'm recovering from eye surgery. hard to play some of them with one good eye at the moment.

Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ben99

that's it . I'm buying Darksiders . This game keeps popping up everywhere

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Portis

I really had fun with Doritos Crash Course, and I fully intend to go back to it very soon to get the last few achievements that I need. Can't beat free. 

Slim pickins this time of year, though.

CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse
@Meltbrain: if youre into the whole style of running around and hacking and slashing things, its really awesome. the combat feels like fable, but the game is so much darker, its painful for me to veen compare it to fable. 

@Ben99: glad i could be of help. it was on sale for 13$ new on amaozn the other day. might still be pretty cheap