• 88 results
#51 Posted by Rebel_Scum (1234 posts) -

A calculator

#52 Edited by Arjailer (92 posts) -

Probably our original Sky+ HD tv box (300GB HDD) from around 2007. Still used every day.

Not sure if it counts as "personal electronics" but I use a 25+ years old Jen wah-wah guitar pedal about 2 or 3 days a week :-)

#53 Posted by dgtlty (589 posts) -

@beachthunder: Wow. What's this like? I often fantasise about a world where smart phones never came along. Things seemed easier.

#54 Edited by shiro2809 (218 posts) -

My Ps3 and my Zune probably. I'm still super salty at Microsoft for dropping the ball super hard with the Zune, they're great.

#55 Posted by mems1224 (1616 posts) -

Honestly I think it's my Vita

#56 Edited by UlquioKani (1372 posts) -

I have 160gb iPod Classic that I take good care of as it has been discontinued. If they had a newer model with similar capacity, I'd replace it instantly but everyone is clearly moving in a streaming direction.

I still like MP3s GODDAMIT

#57 Posted by Sinusoidal (3326 posts) -

Up until about a year ago, I was still using my Cowon D2 MP3 player. It was about ten years old. It had the kind of battery life we only dream about these days: 40-something hours a charge. It never even died. I retired it and replaced it with my LG Optimus G Pro smart phone when I upgraded to a Nexus 6P. The G Pro is now the oldest thing I regularly use at ~5 years.

#58 Posted by Dizzyhippos (3377 posts) -

Do microwaves count? If so my microwave is 30 years old and probably irradiating the hell out of me.

#59 Posted by Dunchad (698 posts) -

I am currently suffering through my life because I have to use my Samsung Galaxy S3 as my everyday smartphone. (Yeah yeah...first world problems).

I'm still using Galaxy S2 - haven't felt the need to upgrade it.

#60 Posted by Shindig (3962 posts) -

I still use the phone I bought when looking for work over a decade ago. And by use, I mean I turn it on and answer a call once six months.

#61 Edited by JordoST (65 posts) -

I have a Panasonic CRT HDTV from the 1990s in my bedroom, still going strong

#62 Posted by HerrHeimlich (60 posts) -

I have a microwave that is 36 years old that I use and it's older than me... Still cooks my pop tarts just fine!

#63 Posted by plop1920 (531 posts) -

Old ass Magnavox CRT tv. That's how little I watch television, just turn it on to see local news for 10-15 minutes in the morning and that's all the use it gets!

#64 Posted by JTB123 (1217 posts) -

I still use a 1GB usb stick from the days when that was a huge amount of space.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
#65 Posted by AdequatelyPrepared (2479 posts) -

I use a Nokia slide phone as my back-up alarm clock.

#66 Posted by Briony88 (10 posts) -

My Samsung s4. Lost my s6, no insurance...

#67 Posted by Fredchuckdave (10205 posts) -

PS2. I do have an old Commodore monitor I would use if I had space to do so but alas.

#68 Posted by Kaiserreich (895 posts) -

I have a 2nd gen kindle that I use every day and a CRT TV that's probably 20+ years old in my bedroom but I never watch TV so I don't know if that counts.

#69 Posted by warpr (163 posts) -

I have a Wii hooked up to a 4:3 Philips CRT tv, but I've only used it a few times this year... so maybe that doesn't count.

Other than that my main work laptop (I work from home) is a giant Asus monstrosity from summer 2011, it is really showing its age and I'm hoping to replace it this year.

#70 Edited by void (169 posts) -

Cowon iAudio 7 mp3/flac player from 2007 for music and podcasts when travelling. Battery life is 50-60 hours or something crazy like that.

#71 Edited by BaneFireLord (3216 posts) -

Nothing that old...I have a 32" Samsung HDTV that I got in 2010 that I still use as my primary gaming TV. Also an iPod Touch from 2011 that's my main music player. Everything else I cycle pretty regularly.

Before I got the Samsung, my gaming TV was a 12 inch CRT from the 80s. Played 170 hours of Oblivion and a ton of Halo 3 multiplayer on that piece of shit.

#72 Posted by Rand (72 posts) -

my iPhone 4 and PC i did buy in 2011. and now and again i get my PS1, ps2 or ps3 out if i feel like it they still work fine.

#73 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (6219 posts) -

I use the same Sony digital alarm clock that I got when I first started waking myself up rather than my parents shaking me out of bed. That was almost 25 years ago and the thing is still in tip top shape. If I wake myself up 5 days a week and conservatively say that I hit snooze 3 times a day, that's almost 20,000 whacks on the snooze button. Never had an issue.

A year or two later I got a Sony stereo for my room complete with 5-disc (5!) CD carousel. It's been a while since I've used it but it's also still kicking as far as I know.

Oh, man I had an Sony alarm clock-radio I bought in 1984 8th grade that I used until graduate school in 1999. It was pretty much my "get up for school" alarm clock throughout all my REAL school years. When I bought it in 1984 I put brown duct tape (to match teh wood grain plastic) on the snooze bar because I learned "snooze" was the enemy. From 8th grade through grad school it was set to annoyingly loud and put on the opposite side of the room, so I was stunned awake and had to run to the other side of the room to shut it off.

#74 Posted by constantk (49 posts) -

@monkeyking1969: You're totally right about putting it across the room. Alas, my wife has vetoed my efforts in that regard. She's great, but insists on being able to snooze.

#75 Posted by Hassun (7881 posts) -

I still have a PS2 Slim hooked up (it's not like it takes up much space) but I don't use that daily. Maybe my phone? It's at least a decade old.

#76 Posted by Sanity (2149 posts) -

I guess my Zune HD, its from, 2010, still love it, hell with the ipods.

#77 Edited by Sergio (3538 posts) -

Checking my Amazon order history...

I bought a Samsung 55" 1080p LED TV on July 9, 2009 that I've been using every day. It cost $3600 back then. (Before that TV, I was using a Sony WEGA 36" flat screen CRT.) I've been looking at replacing it with a 65" 4k HDR OLED this year for pretty much that same price (not counting inflation).

The next oldest thing I still use is the Blu-ray player (July 18, 2009, before I had a PS3). The combination of the TV, Blu-ray player, and a copy of Planet Earth, convinced my friend to buy a new HDTV (they were still called that) the next day.

#78 Edited by WynnDuffy (1012 posts) -

@71ranchero said:
No Caption Provided

I use an old windows xp netbook and a Sharp MD-MS722 Minidisc player to listen to music out in the garage.

Loading Video...

Interesting timing as this video just came out.

#79 Posted by HellBrendy (1123 posts) -

My Sony Bravia TV from around 2010 I think? I'm replacing it in may though.

#80 Posted by Scottjay01 (112 posts) -

My PS2's I need to get back to zelda but I just sometimes fall into ps2 sports or dbz games lol.

#81 Edited by Blackout62 (2037 posts) -

A normal ass iPod with the click wheel and everything. It's definitely made of sturdier stuff than my phone so I don't worry about dropping it.

Though come to think of it my PS3 is older.

#82 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (6219 posts) -

@wynnduffy I was just watching that video today, its quite a good.

#83 Posted by Bait003 (50 posts) -

for Christmas of 1998, my mom got me a travel clock that links to a satellite to get the correct time and i just had to pull the rechargeable batteries from it to put in my mouse so i could play games. the clock still works and i use it as my bed side clock/alarm.

#84 Posted by Glots (2863 posts) -

My PS3, I suppose. I've had the fat 80gb model sticking around since 2009 and though it has acted up strangely a few times during all these years, it still works good enough to play games without any trouble.

My folks still do have my old alarm clock at their place, a silly Charlie Chaplin thing. That thing still worked last year when I tested it and I think I got it in the early 90's.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
#85 Edited by planetfunksquad (1362 posts) -

2012 macbook pro.

#86 Posted by floydeo (394 posts) -

@71ranchero said:
No Caption Provided

I use an old windows xp netbook and a Sharp MD-MS722 Minidisc player to listen to music out in the garage.

You are ballin

#87 Posted by Rejizzle (704 posts) -

Been playing through Fire Emblem on my DS that I got Christmas of '04. But come to think of it, I just used my PS2 (fat, not slim) to watch a DVD. Also, I think I've been using the same alarm clock since 2000. It's kinda scary to see how disposable technology is. On the Waypoint podcast they briefly talked about what happens to TVs after they're disposed of. seemed like a depressing topic.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
#88 Posted by James_ex_machina (980 posts) -

PS3.

#89 Posted by Shig (12 posts) -

a Sharp MD-MS722 Minidisc player

Pack it up boys, we got ourselves a winner.