What is your favourite Harry Potter movie?

• 63 results
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Hizang

Which Harry Potter movie is your favourite, keep in mind I said movie and not book. Your favourite Harry Potter book may differ from your favourite Harry Potter movie.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By laserbolts

Have never seen a Harry Potter movie and from what I understand I don't think they would appeal to me. I.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cloudenvy

The first one because...Jesus christ.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By alternate

the one where GROW UP HARRY POTTER IS FOR KIDS!

:D

Avatar image for jonathanashleymoore
JonathanAshleyMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I thought the Half Blood Prince was pretty great, it was where the romance and the darker aesthetic and feel came in. That took me by surprise, Harry Potter went from being meh to pretty fucking great right there.

sissylion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sissylion

I only saw the first four and it's been well over five years since I've seen any of the movies, but I remember Azkaban being pretty decent.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By ajamafalous
@alternate said:

the one where GROW UP HARRY POTTER IS FOR KIDS!

:D

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Animasta

the last movie, of course. It was just the one that was best shot, best added to the books, etc.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Prisoner of Azkaban was great and is probably my favorite of the films, with Order of the Phoenix following close behind.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By AndrewB

Philosopher's Stone, because it's the only one that even remotely closely follows the book enough. Chamber of Secrets does an okay job, but feels slightly rushed. Every movie after that feels HORRIBLY rushed. Almost like they asked the actors to move and talk as quickly as possible to condense the final running time. It's painful. Good enough for crazy people who refuse to read the books for some reason, but there's just so much missing and the pacing is terrible.

Also, I feel like most of the casting was spot-on except for those key roles of Hermione and Ron. Hermione was exactly what she should have been in the first movie, but Emma Watson grew out of the dorkish-looking girl thing, and the costume designers didn't help any by sexifying her. Ron was similar. He wasn't a cute ginger kind anymore; more like an ape-man as seen in the Harry Potter quick looks. I guess that's not technically wrong, it just didn't fit my vision from the books.

DopeToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DopeToast

Favorite book would probably Azkaban or Half-Blood Prince, but Deathly Hallows takes the cake for movies. I thought they did a great job ending that series.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By DoctorWelch

All the movies are utterly terrible. I might say my favorite is the first one because it's the one that sucks the least, though.

Avatar image for nicktorious_big
nicktorious_big

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By nicktorious_big

I think the Prisoner of Azkaban is the only Harry Potter movie that I own. I just really liked it when I first saw it and I decided to buy it when it came out on DVD.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15  Edited By Sackmanjones

Is the first one in the U.K titled -- Philosophers Stone? Hmph. Never knew that.  Anyway, I loved the first 2 when I was younger but now I kinda can't watch em anymore, just not exactly my taste. However, The last one is truly an excellent film, but overall they are all great movies. Pretty amazing that a series with 9 movies and not one could I call "bad".

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Azkaban is the best movie, simply because it's the only one that actually functions as a movie. The problem with so many of the films is that they have no idea how to handle the change in format from book to screen, and they just end up being kind of weird. Azkaban has a clearly told narrative, and also manages to tonally be much closer to the books than any of the other movies.

Why they never brought Cuaron back for the rest of the series, I have no idea. Although that did let him go make Children of Men, so I guess it all works out.

@Sackmanjones said:

Is the first one in the U.K titled -- Philosophers Stone? Hmph. Never knew that.

They didn't think Americans kids would understand what philosopher meant, or something. True story.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ShadyPingu

Azkaban.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Milkman

I'm by no means a Harry Potter guy but Deathly Hallows Part 2 is pretty incredible.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By phrosnite

Chamber is secrets probably... The last movie was good but people are praising it too much.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 49th

I enjoyed all of them but the one that stands out is when they go back in time and see themselves doing stuff. Pretty sure that is 3, 5, or 6... don't remember exactly.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Arbie

Prisoner of Azkaban! I love Sirius. I still haven't seen the final two films!

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FritzDude

The last three are great, probably because they were more dark. If I'm going to choose it would be the Half Blood Prince.

aznjon12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By aznjon12

The second one, for some snake duels.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By Justin258

@49th said:

I enjoyed all of them but the one that stands out is when they go back in time and see themselves doing stuff. Pretty sure that is 3, 5, or 6... don't remember exactly.

Three.

I'm an odd duck. I was a big fan of neither the third book or movie. Yeah, it had some interesting stuff in it, but I still didn't like it much.

My favorite is the last one, I guess. Since I was the one in the family who had read all the books and for some reason had an encyclopedic memory of the series, I was asked all the questions as the movies came out and I started to strongly hate them.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SexyToad

I really liked the Half-Blood Prince.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By jacdg
@Animasta said:

the last movie, of course. It was just the one that was best shot, best added to the books, etc.

Really? I felt Part 1 was more true to the books, I loved the slow pace of it as well, might just be because I couldn't remember the last book since I've only read it twice.. I remember thinking that Half Blood Prince was the worst though.
gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gamefreak9

omg really? dragon anyone?

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By Phatmac

Azkabar

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AngelN7

The first one, it was the one with the most "magicka" the rest turned into a bunch of "crappy lighting beans do all magic in our universe", hell the sorcerer's apprentice had better more imaginative magic effects than all the HP movies.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BaneFireLord

Azkaban. Favorite book, favorite movie. Deathly Hallows Part 2 was also really good.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jrinswand

I've seen them all but I don't remember any of them.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dungbootle

I like Goblet a lot. The last two were also fantastic, I was surprised how much I liked DH Part 1. Of course the finale of Part 2 is amazing as well.

panvixyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By panvixyl

I think it was the last one, but I was sobbing too hard in the second half to really pick up all the details.

Otherwise Azkaban was really good even though they fucked up the Marauders storyline pretty hard.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jack268

1 I think, maybe 2. They're pretty even. I think the movies lost a lot when they suddenly decided to stop wearing robes in the third movie and after the 5th movie I just didn't bother.

Oh yeah and I think 4 was the best book.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By butano

Either 4 or 5, though 7.5 was pretty good too.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By alternate

@MarkWahlberg said:

Azkaban is the best movie, simply because it's the only one that actually functions as a movie. The problem with so many of the films is that they have no idea how to handle the change in format from book to screen, and they just end up being kind of weird. Azkaban has a clearly told narrative, and also manages to tonally be much closer to the books than any of the other movies.

Why they never brought Cuaron back for the rest of the series, I have no idea. Although that did let him go make Children of Men, so I guess it all works out.

@Sackmanjones said:

Is the first one in the U.K titled -- Philosophers Stone? Hmph. Never knew that.

They didn't think Americans kids would understand what philosopher meant, or something. True story.

Indeed. Nobody is as condescending to Americans like other Americans. The film adaptation of The Madness of King George III famously lost the "3" because someone in Hollywood thought that the american public would think it was a sequel.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mandude

Not a big fan, but I'll go for Azkaban, because stuff actually happened in it. I should mention I haven't seen/read 5 through 7.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By nightriff

The fact that book 3 is leading means no one read that this is film alone, 3rd movie is fucking garbage.

Mine is camber of secrets, favorite book and movie mainly cause I love snakes and gilderoy lockheart is awesome

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Animasta

@JacDG said:

@Animasta said:

Really? I felt Part 1 was more true to the books, I loved the slow pace of it as well, might just be because I couldn't remember the last book since I've only read it twice.. I remember thinking that Half Blood Prince was the worst though.

I liked part 1 as well, I just think the battle scene with Voldemort added a lot more to it than it was in the books.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40  Edited By jonnyboy

Harry Potter The Third is dope.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Genkkaku

Half-Blood Prince.. The only film they decided that they needed some character development.. And it was handled pretty well, plus the score for that scene when they take down the dark mark.. soo good

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Vexxan

The first one.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Funrush

Movie: Hallows 2

Book: Half Blood Prince, and Tales of Beedle the Bard.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Coafi

I hated the last movie, I think the movies did alright between 3-5. The rest are ok, and the last one was bad.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Tylea002

The one they never made, focusing on Neville and the occupation of Hogwarts in the final book, with an excellent resistance story about sacrifice and endurance.

You know, instead of all that boring bullshit with the Horcrux hunt.

(I don't like Harry Potter at all).

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#47  Edited By pyromagnestir

I'm surprised no one has beat me to the obvious creepy/pervy answer. That being: "Whichever one was made after Emma Watson turned 18."

I don't have a real favorite, as all the ones after the first 3 were all roughly the same quality in my mind, as they were all enjoyable enough. I think the first 3 were more kid movies, and I was 16ish when the first one came out, so I was a bit too old for them.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Hunter5024

Looking back at the whole franchise the only movie I think I really liked was the final one, and maybe Azkaban.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By killacam

the one where hermione gets hot.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TheHT

Definitely Order of the Phoenix. When the kids are all running through the ministry taking on Death Eaters and actually winning, and then the Death Eaters are all "Okay okay okay okay, enough games, we're adult wizards who can seriously fuck your shit up, so gimmie the prophecy" and then BA-BOOSH suddenly it's a proper wizard battle culminating in the two big duders going toe to toe themselves.

Loved every second of it.