What is your opinion on sister websight GameFAQs?

VeggetaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Do you still use the guides there? What about the forums?

DeChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You ain't gettin nothin outta me narc

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still use the guides from time to time, although there are better more focused things around now for most games.

It has been like 15 years(oh no) since I was on the forums regularly and it was a nightmare then and I can’t imagine it aged well.

deks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What does GameFAQS think of this?

VeggetaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deks: What is your LL name?

deks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same name.

norm9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll still hop on it when I have a gaming question since most likely someone has had the same problem in the past.

And the exchanges between posters isn't all that different from any other forum. The way it looks as well hasn't changed in all these years so that's comforting for me.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I will always have a soft spot for GameFAQs as it was my gateway into video game websites (including Jeff and crew at GameSpot) in the early 2000s, but I rarely use it now. Maybe a couple of times a year I'll look up a FAQ.

eukara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Justin258

If I need a walkthrough or help or something, GameFAQs is something that usually pops up. It's especially good for walkthroughs of games from before 2010.

Forums, though... uh... that's a nope. If someone asks a question on the forum I'll read the first few responses to see if there's an answer, but invariably threads on that website devolve into a bunch of assholes posting bullshit just to get a rise out of people.

If you need a specific question answered and it hasn't already been asked on GameFAQs... try the Subreddit, maybe, or see if it's on Youtube.

jagerxbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Back in the day I would print out fatalities/special moves for fighting games; I think I had one for Black & White at some point. The modern internet has better resources for me these days, honestly.