Gamespot

phatkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By phatkav

Gamespot but I still go there every day, I just don't post.

woodtsunami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#103  Edited By woodtsunami

I left GS to come here. You know why...

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By Willy105
@CitizenKane said:
" I was a long time user at Gamespot until, you know..... "
Yep.
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By animateria

I generally went to Gamespot. Before the whole mess happened. Rarely go there, not because of the incident but because they seem rather bland nowadays.

After that I decided to just glance through Kotaku, Joystiq, GT, 1UP, and Destructoid while reading the Giant Bomb blog.

Posted a bit on Destructoid, but eventually found it a bit too cynical and mean spirited. The cum and jizz jokes on the podcast got old too. Way to much community competition, if you post a C-Blog with a topic that was already on someone elses blog a couple hours earlier (usually cause you missed it), a lot of people talk a bunch of shit at you directly. I got swept into that (and am ashamed of it) and at one point decided it wasn't good for mental health.

I loved all the 1UP podcasts, until it got ripped apart. They exists as fragments here and there on several different sites but its not the same anymore. Area 5 is very good but I do wish they cut the iPhone crap, $5 Cellphone games don't make it a gaming platform, especially when they are mostly clones of other existing games.

That whole GS incident made me look at all gaming sites as a whole rather than focusing on one. I do spend more time on GB though, the content here is... Well, as Jeremy Clarkson put it, "It's SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!"

kirisame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By kirisame

Used to be a 1up/Kotaku junkie, but lately they'd seemed boring, so followed a link here from TVTropes.

Tomtefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Tomtefar

from gamespot, i havnt been there since jeff left, well, E3 too since they have the best live shows

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Daryl

Google.

Avatar image for altered_confusion
Altered_Confusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 264

User Lists: 1

@expletive said:
" I followed Jeff here from GS "
I have to say that I did as well. I still go to other websites though, but my big one use to be GameSpot, but once the people started to leave, I left.
BreakfastKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By BreakfastKing

My lurking days go back to old school gamefaqs. Spent several years bouncing between that and Gamespot, though I never really used the GS side of their forums.  Like many others, I stayed fairly current with the guys and gals at Gamespot.  I remember Greg and Carrie leaving to go become developers and a few new faces popping in and out but I still loved much of the core staff at GS.  I actually didn't realize that Jeff had been fired until a few days after the fact, though I remember all the K&L ads around the site.  I stayed around GS long enough to watch Ryan, Brad, and Alex leave before I called it quits. I think what really made me hate CNET more than anything was Alex's blog status that made some kind of reference to being in SimCity and having someone throw all the disasters at him.  I've been around GB since late beta/early "official" launch and never looked back.