This week!
Smackdown vs. Raw 2010
Borderlands
Trine
Operation Flashpoint
and I still like TV

Smackdown vs. Raw 2010

No Caption Provided
The Smackdown vs. Raw series has, according to many people, been on a  downward fall of bad games, while I disagree with that but do strongly  acknowledge that the games have not been as good as I wanted.  Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 is here to change that, and it does. Smackdown  vs. Raw 2010 is fantastic, and one of the best games in the series to  date. Of course the huge addition to this years game is the story  designer and it's near flawless. The only real complaint is that you  can't pick how many characters you want in a scene as they all have a  locked in amount. That is only a small screw up that will be annoying  sometimes but most of the time, you won't even notice. The rest of the  mode is damn good and something that any wrestling fan, or people that  just likes to reek havoc, will enjoy.

SvR 2010 added a couple more matches, the Championship scramble match  and a new and improved Royal Rumble. I'll start with the worst of the  two, the Championship Scramble. In real life, I actually enjoy the  scramble, it's a lot crazy things going on at once but putting that  into a game is a bad bad choice. The Scramble match is a match that  starts out with two people in the ring, then 3 more people come in  over a certain amount of time. The catch is that every pinfall someone  makes isn't the end of the match but the person that pinned is the new  champion and if they still have the latest pin when the timer runs  out, they win. Onto the game's version. It's near impossible to win  when you're not the first two in or the champion because everyone will  constantly barrage you with attacks the first second you pin someone.  Also, what's up with no entrance music when a new person enters? It's  very...not exciting what-so-ever. The Royal Rumble on the other hand  is good, despite having it's own little quirks. The match feels like a  brand new game in sorts because there is so many new animations and  some move changing so that at the end of the move you push a person to  the ropes to try and eliminate them. You eliminate people by doing 1  of 4 button presses. This is when one of the quirks happen. The mode  is very very easy. I got through playing as Edge, starting at number  1, not feeling like I was about to lose until the very very end. The  other mess up is pounding on buttons to eliminate someone is fun...for  a while but doing that around 15 times in one match is annoying and  starts to feel like a burden.

Overall the new Smackdown vs. Raw is a great game that makes some bad  choices and some good choices. When those good choices work out, it  makes for a very impressive gaming experience. If you're a fan of  Smackdown or WWE at all, pick this up. If you're not, give it a rent  and try it.

Iddy bit of Operation Flashpoint!

I said I was give small thoughts on Operation Flashpoint: Dragon  Rising and that's exactly what I will do. If you really want something  like that, crazy realistic shooter that makes you feel bad about  yourself, get this game. But for me, I don't enjoy being constantly  punched in the balls so I couldn't get through the first hour. In all  seriousness, like I said, if you like this kind of game, buy it, it  seems fantastic for you. If you're scared to pick it up, rent it and  tell people your story of dying...a lot.

Trine

So yea, Trine was finally released on PSN this week and since my  computer is garbage, I have been that guy
No Caption Provided
that has been waiting and  waiting on this game.  Admittedly though, while Trine is still good, I  was a bit underwhelmed. Mainly because the look of Trine is not as  'superb' as I was expecting. Everything seems to have some ugly rough  edges that I never saw when a good PC was running it. That being said,  if you can get past that, Trine looks good enough. The three  character's of Trine are all interesting and most do control well, but  there is something that I can't really pinpoint about the Mage that is  frustrating. It may be the fact that making squares is much harder  than it should be but I'm not for sure. Trine still does have those  mind binding puzzles and is overall a fun game to sit and play for  short bursts, but only for short bursts as it got me frustrated over a  long period of time. If you have a good PC, get that version, if not,  try this out because of the fun puzzles.

Borderlands

Borderlands claims to have a bazillion weapons and while that's not  true, it comes through by still giving us a shit-ton of them. That  sadly is one of my complaints though, most of the weapons are just  trash that I wouldn't think twice about using. The only good thing  about them would be maybe giving them to one of your low level  friends. You'll more than likely do like me, find a really good set of  weapons and keep that set for around 8 levels. That's not too much of  a problem though because the combat is so damn fun. Going into a  combat situation with people of equal or a little higher level is  crazy. The enemy can hit you and you go flying 50 feet away or they  can just go crazy and rush the hell out of you and make you piss  yourself.

No Caption Provided
I've heard many complaints from people saying that Borderlands should  only be played in co-op and I couldn't disagree more. I have played  with two characters, one in co-op (Got to level 13 with a Siren), and  one by myself (Currently level 18 with a Hunter), and of course co-op  is funner, single player is still fantastic. One reason being that  feeling you get when you see great loot and immediately think "This is  all mine!" instead of having to share. A thing that shocked me about  Borderlands is the look of the game. Sure there is pop-in textures  when you load up the game, but when it's all loaded, the game looks  beautiful. Everything has a great animated style to it that is so  incredibly pleasing to the eyes.

I have to address my biggest complaint with the game, the driving. It  just feels terrible. I don't fully understand why they couldn't just  map the driving to the triggers and be a normal driving game instead  of using the sticks and making me frustratingly navigate around small  rocks that my car should just run over. But the one redeeming factor  is running things over with your car, that's something you have to see  to believe. Borderlands is something I've been waiting for, for a  while and I've finally got it and I couldn't be more happy. While it  has it's problems, it's all problems that I can easily look over and  enjoy this time-sucking, beautiful, and pure exciting game. Buy for  all.

TV

Cleveland Show: Birth of a Salesman- B+
Dexter: Dex Takes a Holiday- A+
Community: Advanced Criminal Law- C-
Glee: Throwdown- B-
Modern Family: Coal Digger- A
South Park: W.T.F.- A-
The Office: The Lover- A-
Survivor: This Is The Man Test- D
Bored to Death: The Case of the Lonely White Dove- B

Movies 

The Hurt Locker- A

Next Week!
I know I will have Saw and Uncharted 2 as I have them sitting here  right in front of me.
and TV!

That is currently all I have planned right now. Any questions, ask  them below!

TWITTER PIMPING

Until next time:

Adeus!    
TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By TheGamerGeek

This week!
Smackdown vs. Raw 2010
Borderlands
Trine
Operation Flashpoint
and I still like TV

Smackdown vs. Raw 2010

No Caption Provided
The Smackdown vs. Raw series has, according to many people, been on a  downward fall of bad games, while I disagree with that but do strongly  acknowledge that the games have not been as good as I wanted.  Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 is here to change that, and it does. Smackdown  vs. Raw 2010 is fantastic, and one of the best games in the series to  date. Of course the huge addition to this years game is the story  designer and it's near flawless. The only real complaint is that you  can't pick how many characters you want in a scene as they all have a  locked in amount. That is only a small screw up that will be annoying  sometimes but most of the time, you won't even notice. The rest of the  mode is damn good and something that any wrestling fan, or people that  just likes to reek havoc, will enjoy.

SvR 2010 added a couple more matches, the Championship scramble match  and a new and improved Royal Rumble. I'll start with the worst of the  two, the Championship Scramble. In real life, I actually enjoy the  scramble, it's a lot crazy things going on at once but putting that  into a game is a bad bad choice. The Scramble match is a match that  starts out with two people in the ring, then 3 more people come in  over a certain amount of time. The catch is that every pinfall someone  makes isn't the end of the match but the person that pinned is the new  champion and if they still have the latest pin when the timer runs  out, they win. Onto the game's version. It's near impossible to win  when you're not the first two in or the champion because everyone will  constantly barrage you with attacks the first second you pin someone.  Also, what's up with no entrance music when a new person enters? It's  very...not exciting what-so-ever. The Royal Rumble on the other hand  is good, despite having it's own little quirks. The match feels like a  brand new game in sorts because there is so many new animations and  some move changing so that at the end of the move you push a person to  the ropes to try and eliminate them. You eliminate people by doing 1  of 4 button presses. This is when one of the quirks happen. The mode  is very very easy. I got through playing as Edge, starting at number  1, not feeling like I was about to lose until the very very end. The  other mess up is pounding on buttons to eliminate someone is fun...for  a while but doing that around 15 times in one match is annoying and  starts to feel like a burden.

Overall the new Smackdown vs. Raw is a great game that makes some bad  choices and some good choices. When those good choices work out, it  makes for a very impressive gaming experience. If you're a fan of  Smackdown or WWE at all, pick this up. If you're not, give it a rent  and try it.

Iddy bit of Operation Flashpoint!

I said I was give small thoughts on Operation Flashpoint: Dragon  Rising and that's exactly what I will do. If you really want something  like that, crazy realistic shooter that makes you feel bad about  yourself, get this game. But for me, I don't enjoy being constantly  punched in the balls so I couldn't get through the first hour. In all  seriousness, like I said, if you like this kind of game, buy it, it  seems fantastic for you. If you're scared to pick it up, rent it and  tell people your story of dying...a lot.

Trine

So yea, Trine was finally released on PSN this week and since my  computer is garbage, I have been that guy
No Caption Provided
that has been waiting and  waiting on this game.  Admittedly though, while Trine is still good, I  was a bit underwhelmed. Mainly because the look of Trine is not as  'superb' as I was expecting. Everything seems to have some ugly rough  edges that I never saw when a good PC was running it. That being said,  if you can get past that, Trine looks good enough. The three  character's of Trine are all interesting and most do control well, but  there is something that I can't really pinpoint about the Mage that is  frustrating. It may be the fact that making squares is much harder  than it should be but I'm not for sure. Trine still does have those  mind binding puzzles and is overall a fun game to sit and play for  short bursts, but only for short bursts as it got me frustrated over a  long period of time. If you have a good PC, get that version, if not,  try this out because of the fun puzzles.

Borderlands

Borderlands claims to have a bazillion weapons and while that's not  true, it comes through by still giving us a shit-ton of them. That  sadly is one of my complaints though, most of the weapons are just  trash that I wouldn't think twice about using. The only good thing  about them would be maybe giving them to one of your low level  friends. You'll more than likely do like me, find a really good set of  weapons and keep that set for around 8 levels. That's not too much of  a problem though because the combat is so damn fun. Going into a  combat situation with people of equal or a little higher level is  crazy. The enemy can hit you and you go flying 50 feet away or they  can just go crazy and rush the hell out of you and make you piss  yourself.

No Caption Provided
I've heard many complaints from people saying that Borderlands should  only be played in co-op and I couldn't disagree more. I have played  with two characters, one in co-op (Got to level 13 with a Siren), and  one by myself (Currently level 18 with a Hunter), and of course co-op  is funner, single player is still fantastic. One reason being that  feeling you get when you see great loot and immediately think "This is  all mine!" instead of having to share. A thing that shocked me about  Borderlands is the look of the game. Sure there is pop-in textures  when you load up the game, but when it's all loaded, the game looks  beautiful. Everything has a great animated style to it that is so  incredibly pleasing to the eyes.

I have to address my biggest complaint with the game, the driving. It  just feels terrible. I don't fully understand why they couldn't just  map the driving to the triggers and be a normal driving game instead  of using the sticks and making me frustratingly navigate around small  rocks that my car should just run over. But the one redeeming factor  is running things over with your car, that's something you have to see  to believe. Borderlands is something I've been waiting for, for a  while and I've finally got it and I couldn't be more happy. While it  has it's problems, it's all problems that I can easily look over and  enjoy this time-sucking, beautiful, and pure exciting game. Buy for  all.

TV

Cleveland Show: Birth of a Salesman- B+
Dexter: Dex Takes a Holiday- A+
Community: Advanced Criminal Law- C-
Glee: Throwdown- B-
Modern Family: Coal Digger- A
South Park: W.T.F.- A-
The Office: The Lover- A-
Survivor: This Is The Man Test- D
Bored to Death: The Case of the Lonely White Dove- B

Movies 

The Hurt Locker- A

Next Week!
I know I will have Saw and Uncharted 2 as I have them sitting here  right in front of me.
and TV!

That is currently all I have planned right now. Any questions, ask  them below!

TWITTER PIMPING

Until next time:

Adeus!    
alexrubens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By alexrubens

Is this the same "thegamergeek" who spoiled Persona 4 for me? I think it is.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By End_Boss
@ajr123 said:
" Is this the same "thegamergeek" who spoiled Persona 4 for me? I think it is. "
Don't you talk to him that way.
alexrubens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By alexrubens

Now that was a little condescending don't you think.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Pie
@TheGamerGeek said:

I have to address my biggest complaint with the game, the driving. It  just feels terrible. I don't fully understand why they couldn't just  map the driving to the triggers and be a normal driving game instead  of using the sticks and making me frustratingly navigate around small  rocks that my car should just run over. But the one redeeming factor  is running things over with your car, that's something you have to see  to believe. 
Agreed, I think putting a little weight into the vehicles would of fixed some of the driving problems but at the moment it reminds me of a game like the Jak and dexters on PS2
TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By TheGamerGeek
@End_Boss said:
" @ajr123 said:
" Is this the same "thegamergeek" who spoiled Persona 4 for me? I think it is. "
Don't you talk to him that way. "
<3 you End_Boss
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Claude

A little dose of Dexter goes a long way.