whats so bad about alicorn twilight

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

what is so bad about alicorn twilight sparkle because i don't see the issue

i mean for the most part twilight sparkle acts like she did in the first 3 seasons except she has wings now and shes a princess i mean come on is it really that much of a issue that bronies have to complain about it

maybe its something im missing i don't know but can someone explain to me how alicorn twilight is so bad because to me it dosen't hurt the show at all

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

can someone explain to me how alicorn twilight is so bad

No. There are, like, three bronies on the entire site. Also @sparklykiss.

thesonygamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesonygamer12 said:

can someone explain to me how alicorn twilight is so bad

No. There are, like, three bronies on the entire site. Also @sparklykiss.

im not a brony i just watch the show

bronys are the fans who see mlp as this holy grail of shows i do admit when the show has flaws but its entertaining for the most part and does have a heart to is that most shows don't have nowerdays so no i dont see myself as a brony just someone whos willing to watch it now and again because i dont see it as a girls show i see it as a good cartoon

but even i can see that a design change dosent automatically ruin a character

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

EDIT: Never mind.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

EDIT: Never mind.

Haha, I didn't even know what the hell he was talking about until I read his post.

But seriously, there's like 2 people on this entire website who can have any input on this, I'd recommend going to a MLP fan forum or something if you really want a meaningful discussion about this.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
No Caption Provided

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What? Okay.

ungratefuldead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And what's the deal with airplane food. I mean come on.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By DeadpanCakes

Y'know it always bugs me when people ask this. It isn't just a matter of aesthetic design. Like, there was just something so subdued about how she was written before, but now it doesn't feel quite as compelling; she had some gritty lines, without feeling melodramatic, she was sort of awkward, without grating on you constantly. It just feels like every time she opens her mouth now, it negatively deconstructs what she had been building towards thus far. And her dynamics and who she is in relation to all the other characters has changed so much since then, because of that. I can understand somebody still liking her, but personally, it seems to me like that somebody is just settling. There was no reason to change that character besides a lazy attempt to keep things fresh, and it shows.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so i haven't watched since like season 2 but YO FUCK THAT SHIT! Its a buncha mary sue nonsense. Besides everyone knows that Luna is the one during the real work, she is best pony after all.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By TruthTellah

Personally, I don't like how they made her into a vehement racist. I mean, I wasn't even aware there were jewish ponies until this season. The racial slurs and hateful glances just feel feel out of place with how she was in the first few seasons, but I know some fans don't think it's that big of a deal when she rants about "Alicorn Power". I guess I'm just weird.

Ekami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm cool with whatever and everyone should love what they love, but everyone should also love applying context.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

She did things nopony should do and needs to be held accountable for her crimes.

See you all next season.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By CaLe
No Caption Provided

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is going to be a book of revelations to many readers. In particular, many will be surprised to learn that Alicorn Twilight consorts with the worst types of inimical, licentious bloodsuckers there are. I will start this discussion by arguing that appalling, procacious loblollies will always band together to exhibit cruelty to animals. Then, I will present evidence that most people would agree that I am not ashamed to admit that it's always sadly comic to listen to Alicorn's blather about how individual worth is defined by race, ethnicity, religion, or national origin. But once you've admitted that, you've admitted that McCarthyism has long been Alicorn's lodestar. And it follows inexorably that, except in special cases, she is locked into her present course of destruction. She does not have the interest or the will to change her fundamentally indelicate double standards. The last point I'll make is this: I find Alicorn Twilight's flights of fancy to be a perversion of the truth.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mcfart

2 reasons why Bronies are mad:

A - They thought that too much focus was on Twilight when she became an alicorn.

B - Toys Toys Toys. Hasbro got to make a bunch of Twilight toys with wings, and at the end of this season the ponies all went Super Sayion, so guess what? MORE TOYS! In other words, toys>storyline.

BTW Don't you think that maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe you're asking the wrong forum this question? Like seriously lol

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TruthTellah
@lordandrew said:

She did things no pony should do and needs to be held accountable for her crimes.

See you all next season.

Frankly, what happened this season is exactly what the International Criminalicorn Court was designed for. I sincerely hope Gen. Alicorn Popović Twilight gets what is coming to her.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I don't like how they made her into a vehement racist. I mean, I wasn't even aware there were jewish ponies until this season. The racial slurs and hateful glances just feel feel out of place with how she was in the first few seasons, but I know some fans don't think it's that big of a deal when she rants about "Alicorn Power". I guess I'm just weird.

Yeah... It kind of bugs me too, to be honest. I just tried to avoid bringing it up, because I know how heated the discussions get around these parts when you bring up "Alicorn Power." Though, I guess avoiding the issue may not be the best approach, when I think about it.

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By AltonBrown

I really thought it was unnecessary when Kenshirocorn used the Hokutocorn Zankai-Corn on Spadelight Sparkly. And on another note, has anyone been reading JoJoCorn? That Josuke Higashicornta is a card, ain't he?

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

I hope to god that this is true.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah said:

Yeah... It kind of bugs me too, to be honest. I just tried to avoid bringing it up, because I know how heated the discussions get around these parts when you bring up "Alicorn Power." Though, I guess avoiding the issue may not be the best approach, when I think about it.

The only way we'll ever reach anything close to true equality amongst ponies is if we stop sweeping it under the rug and face it head on. I'm glad Alicorn Twilight's recent outbursts in the last season have brought greater notice to the pervasive prejudice which continues to plague Equestria.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And what's the deal with airplane food. I mean come on.

They serve food on airplanes!? since when.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

huh?

ungratefuldead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ungratefuldead
TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TruthTellah

I really thought it was unnecessary when Kenshirocorn used the Hokutocorn Zankai-Corn on Spadelight Sparkly. And on another note, has anyone been reading JoJoCorn? That Josuke Higashicornta is a card, ain't he?

Yeah, uh... Raspberry Sparkle Zeppeli really didn't need to remind us ten thousand times that "This is Sendocorn." But at least they're switching things up a bit this season.

No Caption Provided

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Quarters
No Caption Provided

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TruthTellah

@truthtellah said:

I hope to god that this is true.

All too true. It surprised many fans, but considering the recent report from the Anti-Defamation League indicating that over 1/4 of all people in the world are antisemitic, I suppose they had to go for what's popular.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By alwaysbebombing

Is this an anime, or video game? What is an Alicorn Twilight?

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By Haruko
No Caption Provided

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Horseyface McFlapshiny totally undermined Hoofglitter and Holyshitahorseyouguys in the Triannual Horseathon For Horses And Whatnot.

... Or something.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TruthTellah

@shagge said:

I think Horseyface McFlapshiny totally undermined Hoofglitter and Holyshitahorseyouguys in the Triannual Horseathon For Horses And Whatnot.

... Or something.

That was last season, @shagge. Come on, get serious... :\

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheBlue
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

What is an Alicorn?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#34  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Everything? Sure. I haven't seen the show beyond a few episodes when it was the hot thing, but I'm going to guess everything is wrong with everything.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

... Or something.

That was last season, @shagge. Come on, get serious... :\

... Nay!

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By Sterling
If only this was a PS3 jRPG!
If only this was a PS3 jRPG!

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yeah, fuck those neigh-sayers!

knoxt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By knoxt
No Caption Provided

I'll tell ya 'bout alicorn twilight sparkle ya sunnava bitch, what that bastard done to me...done to her..

Now I seen a mean pony before but twilight alicorn sparkle...see, my pappy was an alicorn hunter, best one there ever was, but he came on home one day, blood spillin out his guts, tellin me and me n' maw bout a worse, more dangerous kinda alicorn, one with wings, flyin' like a bat, see? Thats all he said before he died, drownin' in his own blood.

I didn't believe 'im, hell, nobody did. We was blind. I spent the last seventeen years lookin'. Lookin' to shoot that bastard sparkle fulla lead fer what it done! Lost my damn shootn' hand and my leg just a-tryin! Now you come in here and ask 'now what's so bad about alicorn twilight sparkle?

well, son, any man here can tell ya, there's plenty 'bad' with that there pony, but I reckon you don't wanna find out.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An alicorn...thats like an acorn right?

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers