What's the most powerful alien race in fiction?

• 143 results
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By NTM

@Schmollian: People keep saying the Reapers, but isn't there some kind of alien race that can obliterate the universe or at least a galaxy as fast as the blink of an eye? I bet there is. I mean, I don't know who or what, but I assume there is. And when I think about it, Reapers as far as we know are only focused on our Galaxy.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By Justin258

@DoctorWelch said:

Goku

Yeah, that. His race has essentially unlimited power, as in they can bench the moon at 5 years old and regularly beat up motherfuckers who can shatter planets with their finger.

Jus' Saiyan.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By SomeJerk

Azathoth.

No Caption Provided
"[O]utside the ordered universe [is] that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes"

If the cacophony stops he will wake up in his existence and this universe of man and gods will cease, there will not be hydrogen helium and lithium left, there will not be a "nothing" left, not even anything to be or not to be, such is the power of the blind idiot god.

Sleep tight.

e: On the other hand, what good is power if you cannot control it? The Q continuum is the most powerful alien (race) in fiction.
ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I don't know, probably Saiyans.

mowgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By mowgers

Guys guys guys stop, this thread has already been answered. It's the Q continuum. It's so much the Q continuum it'd be absurd to think otherwise.

ShinMaruku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ShinMaruku

Celestials. They evovled to being cosmic entities and in their ascendance they made the Universe reset and forced Galan to be Galactus.

They have twisted and reformed the Galaxy. They are of the 3 races god put in the MU to create and destory life and record it's passing.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By stinky

how can the flood or zerg be the most powerful? we've all beaten them here probably.

hell we beat the flood with a rifle, sometimes a pistol butt.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By NTM

@Jay444111: Actually their necromorphs that can infect a body and take control of its human form, which is scary as fuck.

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By koolaid

Not Zerg! Tyranids!

There are so many f-ing Tyranids, their entire invasion is pretty much the outliers of a bigger force passing our galaxy by.

Also Necrons can't die.

spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By spartanlolz92

does the empire count from starwars?? cause if so they pretty much take the cake

the covenant come in tied with the zerg

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By GTCknight

Shivans, they are known as The Great Destroyers. They had gone about the entire galaxy making sub-space nodes (which means they caused stars to go supernova). A shivan doesn't even breath air or need gravity in fact they have never conquered a planet, instead they wipe out all life on it making it uninhabitable. No one even knows where or even if they have a homeworld. If another race builds a new class of ships, the shivans already have had entire navy of them. Just their scouting fleet has wiped out entire empires and caused mass genocide.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention the fact all of their small ships (fighters, bombers) have shields and every single one of their ships have a jamming device which prevent weapons lock. Also their planet killer known by humans as the SD Lucifer has a unbreakable shield system. The only way around that shield is to fly inside the same subspace (wormhole) portal as the Lucifer.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By MikeGosot
@NTM: This may sound dumb, but there's an alien race in Ben 10(DON'T STOP READING!), that can pretty much mold the universe the way it wants. Celestialsapien is the name of the species, i believe. Each individual of this species has more than one personality, and once these personalities agrees to do a motion (Which almost never happens.), the individual WARPS REALITY ITSELF so it can do said motion.
Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Precusors from the Halo universe? They were more advanced than the Forerunners, who created a massive weapon system that when 7 of them are placed correctly could wipe out all sentient life in the galaxy in one clean sweep (the Halo Installations).

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By raiz265

Blorgons

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#65  Edited By Gabriel

The Q.

Edit: oh evil, uh I don't know.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66  Edited By N7

Transformers. Unicron.

Good luck beating an Orson Wells sized planet.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By psylah

The Xeelee from the writings of Stephen Baxter.

They craft their structures out of cosmic strings that span millions of light years, and wage wars (by manipulating time and gravity to fling galaxies at their enemies) over the lifetimes of entire universes (yes, many of them).

From what I read about them in Ring, they are the most powerful beings, alongside Q.

begilerath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By begilerath

Whatever race Galactus is

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Jay444111

Oh, I got another one. SPOILERS FOR INFINITE SPACE!!!

The Overlords. As soon as humanity has populated enough of space they come and bring the death of the ENTIRE Universe completely and to bring it back into one point to create another universe and they generally treat the universe as a plaything to expirement with. Not as a massive one either, they treat it like a child does with a chemistry set.

Hell, the only way to have stopped them is by destroying their transportaion from their universe to ours... the only damn way possible! They can also tear planets apart in a minute! Kinda scary in game.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#70  Edited By guiseppe

Reapers seems pretty unbeatable. Unless you're Shepard. And none of us are Shepard.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#71  Edited By asurastrike

Saiyans

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72  Edited By DoctorWelch

@believer258 said:

Jus' Saiyan.

Niiice, I see what you did there.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By NTM

@Dagbiker: Yeah, and while you can consider them aliens since they're not the only ones in the universe, and they are in fiction, I meant aliens to Earth, and aren't from reality.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@KoolAid said:

Not Zerg! Tyranids!

There are so many f-ing Tyranids, their entire invasion is pretty much the outliers of a bigger force passing our galaxy by.

Also Necrons can't die.

Yup, Tyranids. If the entirety of that race actually attacked, say goodbye to your entire galaxy.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By NTM

@Gabriel: Q can be considered evil even if him or his race has a light side.

Dixego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Dixego

I'm gonna go for reapers, because reapers are really cool.

Come at me, bro.
Come at me, bro.
RainbowCarnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By RainbowCarnage

Superman

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By chrissedoff

The Watchers from Marvel comics.

Tokoname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Tokoname

The Q. A very similar race would be the ascended Ancients from Stargate. They have both very similar characteristics and ways of working, but I think the Ancients might be just a bit more limited compared to the Q, based on what is known about the two races. I'm not entirely sure, though.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saiyans because Goku

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#81  Edited By stonyman65

Of all time? Martians, obviously. Have you seen Mars Attacks? Those fuckers are brutal! And hilarious.

Tokoname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Tokoname

Oh wait... Evil. Well, if you don't consider the Q or Ancients evil, then the Ancients' counterpart, the Ori, would be pretty bad. They are similar in power and are only prevented in messing up the entire universe by the combined might of the Ancients. Technically, they were both born of the same race and only really differ in their philosophy.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By NTM

@Tokoname: Seems like a lot of people are saying Q. Interesting. It's basically either Reapers, Saiyans, or Q.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vegeta.  Fuck Goku.  I know thats not the question

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By SmilingPig

@braveortega said:

Whatever Q is.

Agreed

Could also be Alf

No Caption Provided
Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#86  Edited By Kidavenger

Vitrumites, they are basically a mixture of Klingons and Kryptonians that decided they wanted to rule the universe by destroying or enslaving every other sentient race in existence.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Marcsman

Ewoks

OrwellHuxZam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By OrwellHuxZam

I would have to say the Human race. Being "alien" is all about perspective, right?

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

The Covenant is a mixture of races, so you know, they don't apply to this. But out of the Covenant I would say either the Elites or those worm-chair guys.

Overall, I would think the Combine, they took over earth in 7 minutes and that force was only a small patrol that was brought here by the xen crystal. In their full force, they could be unstoppable.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By NTM

@kibafang666: Yes, but I've said before, it has to be alien from our perspective.

@TEHMAXXORZ: That is true. And I believe you're referring to the Prophets (the name humans give it). Also, I assumed the Combine took over species on a planet, not necessarily all in general. I mean, they might, but wouldn't it be kind of harder for them to initially fight something that traverses space as a living and doesn't have a home world? Maybe not. I guess I just always imagined them conquering species that live on a planet.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

@NTM: I'm pretty sure they do re-purpose anything that they conquer, Stryders, Gunships etc., which could suggest their 'empire' is pretty expansive if they have a wide variety of re-purposed slaves to use and that the small force that was 'brought' to earth was massive and nothing compared to their full force. And the fact the Combine Elite require vast amounts of surgery would suggest that humans are in some way different/not compatible with the armour or resources used on the Elite, meaning the Combine infantry aren't originally human. I'm not exactly that great on Half Life lore though, and I'm not sure how much there actually is in the first place, so I could be wrong. There also isn't much on any of the Combine's enemies, so we have no idea if there's an 'anti-Combine-empire' or how they go about taken over planets. We'll just have to wait till Episode 3/Half Life 3 to get more info. on the Combine, they're certainly interesting enough to deserve it.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#92  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Aside from computer viruses, the aliens in Independence Day are pretty powerful.

The Borg, maybe. They're not really a "race" though.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@DoctorWelch said:

Goku

Well, his power levels were off the charts.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#94  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I'd like to say the Zerg, but Wings of Liberty makes them look like pushovers. I hope Heart of the Swarm makes them seem much more powerful.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By NTM

@TEHMAXXORZ said:

@NTM: I'm pretty sure they do re-purpose anything that they conquer, Stryders, Gunships etc., which could suggest their 'empire' is pretty expansive if they have a wide variety of re-purposed slaves to use and that the small force that was 'brought' to earth was massive and nothing compared to their full force. And the fact the Combine Elite require vast amounts of surgery would suggest that humans are in some way different/not compatible with the armour or resources used on the Elite, meaning the Combine infantry aren't originally human. I'm not exactly that great on Half Life lore though, and I'm not sure how much there actually is in the first place, so I could be wrong. There also isn't much on any of the Combine's enemies, so we have no idea if there's an 'anti-Combine-empire' or how they go about taken over planets. We'll just have to wait till Episode 3/Half Life 3 to get more info. on the Combine, they're certainly interesting enough to deserve it.

Yeah, they do take advantage of the shape and form of other species that they conquer so they can live in that setting. I guess at first I was just thinking that they conquer planets for the planet sake, and not so much because they want to take over another species, but maybe I was forgetting which was which.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By InternetCrab

Reapers

skittles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#97  Edited By skittles
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By connerthekewlkid

Gen Dai: seemingly immortal and can regenerate after taking serious damage and hibernating, one had all its limbs severed and then fully recovered after going into hibernation for 60 year., the only recorded instance of one being killed is when it was hurled into a nearby sun.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gen'Dai

Bleshoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Bleshoo

Replicators.

No Caption Provided
mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts