What's the second best Fast & Furious movie?

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What's the second best Fast & Furious movie? (107 votes)

The Fast and the Furious 12%
2 Fast 2 Furious 1%
Tokyo Drift 26%
Fast & Furious 4%
Fast & Furious 6 31%
Furious 7 26%

Fast Five is the best film in the series, I really don't think there's much debate. I see some people rank other one above it occasionally on the forums but those seem to be outliers. It has the best balance of the what the series has to offer. It's like Bad Boys II meets Oceans 11 meets Heat, I suppose. I just re-watched 7 and now I don't know what is the second best movie. I watched 6 without the commentary recently (the guys make the movies seem better than they are for sure) and thought it was tedious and ridiculous besides the last two action sequences. The plot really is just as dumb as 2, it just operates on a world stage and has a couple neat twists. In the last two movies you can tell they came up with the action set pieces first and worked backwards from there on the plot. Watched 7 again last night and it is extremely polished but lacks a soul (besides the farewell to Paul Walker). It's just action sequence after action sequence, and they pack em in. The motivation's not there though, it's just another villain challenging the family and nobody challenges the family. Now Uncle Sam just willingly donates every weapon in the arsenal to help take down supervillains who just happen to be driving around picturesque mountain passes en route to a "blacksite" so they can establish an uplink with an all-seeing spy network. Whew. Need to catch my breath. The writing for Statham's character could have been much better and they wasted Djimon Honsou (as much as you can) on a couple of forgettable confrontations. I think I gotta go with 6, the motivation for everything feels relatively earned, the action cathartic, and the post credits scene is exciting even though what they actually do with it was a let down, kinda reminds me of the ending of Pirates of the Caribbean 2.

• 
VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6 is a decent imitation of what 5 did right. Luke Evans is hammier than that dude in 5 and I love it. 7 went off a cliff with Wan's idea of action being so choppy and that ending being so terrible. The only one I'd highlight from the first four would maybe be 2 because it is gloriously stupid in a way I feel the series still hasn't lived up to despite having submarines and tanks and drones and whatnot.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By imhungry

I mean, I'm with you and I think your view on 6's flaws are spot on but THEY TAKE DOWN AN AIRPLANE WITH CARS IT'S THE DUMBEST THING EVER.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm going with the first film to me fast 6 and 7 just feel like Micheal bay movies fast five is the last one I actually really enjoyed.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Fast 6 is my favorite followed by 5.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I would say Tokyo Drift is the best. Fast Five a VEEEEERY close second.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the record, the sixth movie was called Fast 6 and the seventh was called Furious 7.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidprince said:

For the record, the sixth movie was called Fast 6 and the seventh was called Furious 7.

I think they've changed the name and played around with it at various points in its release lifespan. In the movie it's titled as Furious 6 but it seems like they wanted a redo on that so they could call seven Furious 7 and then ever since I've seen Fast & Furious 6 taking the formatting from 4. Five has always been Fast Five or maybe Fast 5 and so I'm pretty sure they wanted to go a little different route for 6 but got scared off of just Furious 6 for some reason.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BrainScratch

I'm not sure if I can participate on a poll that assumes we all think 5 is the best. 5 is my fourth favorite. To me it's 1>3>2>5>6>4>7.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By BigBoss1911

1. The Fast and the Furious

2. Tokyo Drift

3. Fast Five/Furious 7

The rest of them are unwatchable to me.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By UlquioKani

Having just rewatched 7 with the commentary, I'd say that is my favourite followed by 5. Tokyo Drift has not aged nearly as well as I had expected it to and the first two are pretty boring. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed 4 considering it was possibly my least favourite. 6 is a little bloated for me but it is definitely an easy 3rd best movie. Perhaps it was watching it with the crew but I've gained a little more respect for these movies.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tokyo Drift has not aged nearly as well as I had expected it to

I would dare say this is 99% of the reason why I think it's great now and disliked it greatly on initial viewing like, 8 years ago.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Furious SEX!

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Tokyo Drift is one of the worst movies ever made btw.

I actually hate that movie.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6, then 5 for me I think.

I've been watching them all for the first time mostly, and I just have to say Tokyo Drift has been a major disappointment. After years of hearing Jeff and Ryan talk up that movie, it was a total bore beyond the guy's commentary.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uhtaree: Yeah you're right. Weird change.

KirkyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, Tokyo Drift's in first. Fast Five second, the first movie third...

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By nightriff

5>3>1>6>2>7>4

Enjoy all the films in certain ways since rewatching them, but if I have to order them it's this. Need to rewatch 7 but was super mixed on that movie when I watched it a few weeks ago for the first time.

mozzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fast 6 is the only one I really like.

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Furious 7, The Rock flexes and a cast explodes off his arm. This is the best movie.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Fast 6 for me. I'm with another poster, that plane scene alone puts that movie pretty high on the Fast and the Furious scale.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Ahhhh, it's either Tokyo Drift or 6 for me. 6 is more of 5(which I love dearly), but TD (as one other poster said) had sick drifts. I also just love the fish out of water setup. It's hard to say, but gun to my head I'd say 6.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I went with 7 as #2 overall to Fast 5, and I haven't watched it with the Beast Crew's commentary yet. Watching 6 last week with their commentary really pushed it up so we'll see if 7 gets knocked down after the viewing...

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

the original might be my favorite and fast five my second favorite

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

For me Furious 7 is really where it peaks. You've got three of their trademark crazy setpiece moments packed into it whereas the others only get one or two, and you couple that with an ending that's actually pretty emotional given the surrounding context. Plus as @darkeyehails mentioned, The Rock flexes his cast off and then drops an ambulance on a drone. Spot on it's really everything I want out of one of those movies and I think it'll be tough to top it.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Itwastuesday

5 is the obvious second to tokyo drift. other than 5 and tokyo drift they are all terrible