jerk

dantebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By dantebk

I cast my vote for Flashforward.   I made it four episodes into Flashforward before plot holes and terrible acting sent me packing.  I've watched seven episodes of V so far, and while it's terrible, I'm not convinced it couldn't somehow get better.  They successfully killed off one of the most annoying characters, but Tyler needs to be next.  

With Battlestar Galactica gone, and Lost ending soon, what are we going to watch if we want great sci-fi?

dantheman1515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By dantheman1515

I don't watch either because I enjoy not wasting my time.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By slyspider

i like V damnit!

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Jayzilla

When I clicked on this post I was thinking "V For Vendetta" then I realized you meant the shows lol. TV sucks. SO no vote for me as I haven't watched either. THe one from the 80's with Mark Singer or whatever his name was, was pretty legit... but i was 10 at the time so that doesn't count for now.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Dany

V is great. They make every act or scene feel important and exciting but you're starting to feel played after awhile. Flashfoward though, is a disappointment, I had high hopes for it. But the acting is bad, the writing/plot is just bad, the music is not inspired.

dantebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dantebk
@slyspider said:
" i like V damnit! "
I'd be interested to hear why.  I don't mean that in an argumentative way, I'm legitimately curious.  Mostly I dislike V for what it seems to be missing: How are the Earth governments reacting to the Visitors? What about Earth scientists? Why hasn't anyone asked about the V homeworld? Or why the V look exactly like human beings? The lack of curiosity from the general populace is baffling.  And sure, you could say those reactions are happening but just aren't being shown, but I'd be much more interested in that stuff than seeing the same group hang out at the church and hatch another silly scheme.
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By TheFreeMan

While they both have significant flaws, I'm enjoying both. If I had to choose, I'd say FlashForward though. Too many terrible characters.

The dude with the accent and Mark's wife are both tools, particularly, and they are annoying as hell. She knows that she's gonna fall for him if she goes near him and make her kid's like a fucking lot harder, but hey, what the fuck, Mark's (I think it's Mark) not around. Such a tool.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HandsomeDead

V is fucking terrible and I haven't seen FlashForward but as a rip off of Lost, it's also bound to be fucking terrible.

Azrail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Azrail

Neither is terrible  
v might be good its hard to say

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By damnboyadvance

Hey, I've never seen these shows, jerk!

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Seedofpower
@damnboyadvance said:
" Hey, I've never seen these shows, jerk! "
Pretty much, jerk.
RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By RIDEBIRD

V is decent. But the last episode had some parts so terrible that I straight up laughed out loud. Man oh man that kid REALLY can't do ''upset'' well. 

To be honest though, I'm just watching it because I must, must, must see how the aliens look and know more about their agenda. Plus Anna's daughter is stupid hot. 

edit: Tyler is the kid's name. Thank you dantebk. Yeah, I'm hoping for a hot sex scene between Tyler and Anna's daughter (I really can't remember her name) and then she eats him. Win win.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By DystopiaX
@dantebk said:
" I cast my vote for Flashforward.   I made it four episodes into Flashforward before plot holes and terrible acting sent me packing.  I've watched seven episodes of V so far, and while it's terrible, I'm not convinced it couldn't somehow get better.  They successfully killed off one of the most annoying characters, but Tyler needs to be next.    With Battlestar Galactica gone, and Lost ending soon, what are we going to watch if we want great sci-fi? "
Tyler's a fucking moron. A whiny, bitchy moron. He needs to die. Hopefully that hot blond chick will kill him.
foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By foggel
@dantebk: You get an answer to why they look like human beings in the first episode :)
But that show seem to focus way too much on the tension you're supposed to feel about how the priest and the fbi agent can't trust anyone. I'm missing depth, like in BsG.
Mr_Pips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mr_Pips

I enjoyed Flashforward and wish there was another season. V is a huge piece of shit.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RVonE

I love this day.
NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By NickL

since flashforward didnt get renewed for another season, im gonna say that is worse, although i enjoyed the first half of it but it got old fast

Avatar image for kristov_romanov
kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By kristov_romanov

V is spectacular! 

Jerk.

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Raymayne
@dantheman1515 said:
" I don't watch either because I enjoy not wasting my time. "
Yet you post on a video game forum....don't be silly :)
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ryanwho

V's dialog is Walking Dead bad. Subtlety of a sledghammer. But whatever, most procedurals aren't terribly subtle either.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HandsomeDead
@ryanwho said:
" V's dialog is Walking Dead bad. Subtlety of a sledghammer. But whatever, most procedurals aren't terribly subtle either. "
It isn't about the aliens, it's about the humans etc.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ryanwho

The humans are the problem. The aliens, that's fine if they all wanna do the Sean Young technique of casting robotic actors to act robotic. That's fine. It works. Give the pretty people the alien role and suddenly the shit that's been holding them back is an asset. The humans, and the aliens with humanity, or whatever, the good ones who are trying to act and shit, they're just no good. Its super overwraught. Any small thing has to be further vocalized in case the audience didn't get it. Its like they wrote the show with their loud aunt sitting behind them constantly going "now who's that, but I thought they were friends, did I tell you about Shirley, rewind it I didn't hear what that young lady said."

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By ch3burashka

V got a new season. Flashforward got SHUT DOWN. That kind of speaks for itself. 

I've been thinking about watching the original V, seeing as how it's on Netflix Streaming. It looks cool enough.  

Also, tangentially, that new V lady is freaking hawt.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By IBurningStar

V was bad, but I could sit through it. Flashforward was unwatchable shit. That show didn't understand that mystery shows need to be mysterious in order to work.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PillClinton

fuck these old-ass threads!  trickin' me 'n' shit.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By Daveyo520

V I guess.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WickedFather

New V is pure shite.  Everyone is so serious and when people walk their feet don't match the ground properly, it's like watching Scooby Doo.