What's your favourite Jackie Chan film

• 56 results
MundaneSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Rumble in the Bronx holds a special place in my heart as the movie that introduced me to him. I remember going to see it in the theater and being totally blown away.

DeekyFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a big Project A and Project A part 2 fan. The set pieces are awesome, and some of the smaller details, like when he runs up a wall during one of the early chase scenes, or the scene with all the people hiding in the house (which is another vintage comedy homage, I think). There are so many classic moments.

After that I'd say Police Story, Operation Condor, Legend of the Drunken Master, Wheels on Meals are my favs, but I'd watch any Jackie Chan though, really.

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Drunken Master 2 is prime Jackie doing some fantastic work.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A random fact related to Jackie Chan:

In the UK, there was a comedian and experimental playwright called Ken Campbell, well known in the 70s and 80s for very long (like, days long) improvised plays and other experimental stuff, involved with the RSC and National Theatre. A lot of current actors and improv comedians owe something to him. And he maintained that Jackie Chan was the greatest living actor.

He believed this because he had once been at a seance at a church in Islington, where the medium claimed to be channelling Laurence Olivier. So Ken Campbell asked that, during his life, Olivier had said that Charlie Chaplin was the greatest living actor, but who would he say was the greatest living actor now (the early 90s, I think). The medium replied that it was Jackie Chan.

This prompted Campbell to go out and start collecting copies of Chan's films. Reportedly he had all of Chan's films, an enormous collection. And he decided he agreed with the assessment that Chan was the greatest living actor.

Some time later, Jim Broadbent had been approached about a role in an upcoming film, Around the World in 80 Days. Not sure whether the film was a good fit for him, he called Campbell for some advice, and happened to mention that Jackie Chan was in the film. On hearing this, Campbell invited Broadbent to his house for a marathon screening of Chan's films, to convince him of Chan's acting prowess, and it was because of Ken Campbell's passion for Jackie Chan that Jim Broadbent accepted the role.

Not strictly speaking relevant, but I think it's a fun story.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@thomasnash: the fact that a lot of his acting is not even in his native language is pretty good testament to this.