What's your ideal lifestyle?

• 88 results
Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just bumming around the Cornish coastline, catching gnarly waves. Occasionally popping into a brasserie for lunch maybe, but not that fussed - it could be standard pub grub for all I care. As long as I can follow the call of the sea, I'm dandy.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12

We do not all work. Just a heads up.

Anyway, my ideal lifestyle is to be left alone forever. Do not perceive me.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Almost no mention of playing video games in this thread which is strange to me given that we are on a video game website.

Anyway, my answer is very vanilla. Financial freedom for the rest of my life so I can conveniently provide for my family while having ample time to play video games and travel to different parts of the world both local and international at least four times a year.

kaydenhard111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BallPtPenTheif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

For the most part, I've always done things I loved. I love film, so I became a director. I love playing video games, so I became a QA manager.

The video game industry gig was way too political and soulless for me, which was disenchanting, so I dropped that job.

I went back into production, now producing eLearning content. So I'm doing what I love again, I just don't fully love the content I'm producing. That's fine though, I'm producing my own things on the side so if anything gains traction beyond my current gig, I'll just change gears.

cubidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ideally, I would just travel all over the world and upload fun videos about my experiences. I haven't left the southeast of the US in 10 years, and I really want to see so many other places, with Japan being my dream travel location.

dh2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’d do what I do now, but less often. I like my job, and I earn well - but I need to work very hard to maintain the life I’ve built.

Balance is a work-in-progress.

DH.

Camosid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think my most ideal thing would be to work remotely for a nonprofit while living on a beach but that ain't ever gonna happen to no one. I have this issue too where I have worked in Non Profits and Museum for most of my career, and I love it but it can stressful, you have to do a lot of jobs at once and be on at random times. You also don't have the corporate organization and structure to help you complete anything. One top of that the Salary range is lower overall than most entry-level sales jobs. Staffing has been rough lately and I am giving serious thought to leaving for a corporate job with more set expectations.

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm trying to achieve this. I'm a chef by profession and I am trying to open a food truck. Park in front of my favorite bars, feed people and have a few shots of mezcal while I do it. Sliders and skewers. simple but good. Both in terms of food and lifestyle.

thuhang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollywoo:

My ideal lifestyle:

1. Start the Day With a Glass of Lemon Water
2. Exercise in the Morning
3. Eat a Good Breakfast
4. Stay Hydrated
5. Get a Healthy Lunch
6. Do Some Mid-Afternoon Stretches
7. Dinner
8. Take Time to Relax
9. Take a Vitamin C Supplement Before Bed
10. Go to Sleep at a Reasonable Hour
berfunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Sitting on my ass playing video games.

There, I said it.

MikeOTron1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beer, babes, cars and money.

alicedrkaevb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An independent one and no worries about what to buy and what not to. And finding ap purpose and working on ti also. The level of satisfaction in that is what no money can buy!

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not being a slave to the capitalist rat race

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to spend my time making point - and - click adventure games.

nirerivu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be happy at the end of each day not to regret the way I lived it

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

When you win the lottery, the real prize isn't the great big pile of money you now have, the real prize is that all of the time you have on Earth is now yours. Somebody's gotta make the world go 'round, but now it ain't you.

With that in mind, if I could check-out and literally do whatever I want, I'd probably find a house that's far enough away from society for me to live in peace but close enough that I could get back without much trouble and just dig into whatever hobbies struck my fancy. I know that I'd like to be able to get into woodworking, something that I don't have the space or money for right now. I'd like to say that I'd learn how program, learn more about drawing, learn how to play an instrument, improve my writing, and so on and so forth, but I have the capabilities to dig into those now and I don't really do that so who knows. I might just play video games, read books, and post on forums until I die, which sounds depressing but that's what I've been doing for almost three decades now and it's worked out so far.

Oh boy. What has changed in a year? I guess a lot? Or maybe not much at all?

What I dream of isn't necessarily more money. I'm reasonably happy with my salary as is. It could always be more and a raise would make me happy but, you know, I'm all right now. "My ideal lifestyle" really just involves more free time. Every ounce of my time and energy from the time I wake up at 6AM to the time I get home at about 4:45PM involves something related to my job. And by the time I walk through the door in the evening my mental and physical energy are pretty much entirely sapped. Anything else I want to do that evening feels like it takes a significant pep-talk from myself, to myself. Adult life, at this point, feels like putting all of yourself into working for someone or something other than yourself. If you're lucky, you'll have a growing bank account, retirement fund, car, and house to show for it. People don't stop growing or changing once they've achieved those things, or stumbled into them or whatever. They keep wanting to try other things, explore the world around them, learn and do something new.

At least I do. Instead I get home and think long hard thoughts about a good nap, knowing damn well that if I do lay down for a nap I'm not going to sleep that night and the next day will suck and the next night will be worse. I feel sluggish and tired until about 7:30, 8:00, when I get a short burst of energy to do something... and then that's it, it's 9:something and I need to get ready to sleep. And there are people reading this who would be envious of the free time I have, which is one of the major reasons why I'm holding on to this job - because as crappy as it sounds, it's more than most people my age.

So, to answer this thread in 2022... my "ideal lifestyle" simply involves more free time without losing the pay I have now. Can I just work from 7AM or so to 1 or 2PM? If I got off at 2PM every work day, I could have time to rest and recover my energy and then spend the entire evening on myself and my personal goals, rather than fighting the urge to just veg out in front of garbage Youtube for five hours every night. I guess that answer's ultimately not much different from what I gave a year ago, except maybe more focused on where my thoughts come from instead of just what they are.

I'd be equally happy with a superpower that allowed me to feel like I got a full night's sleep with only two hours of sleep.

Padakodart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nirerivu said:

I would be happy at the end of each day not to regret the way I lived it

So true.

For me, it seams really complicated in life to do what you want and be able to pay your living. I always dreamed to make a video game but in reality it takes so much time that at the end you have to do sacrifice. A confortable life ? Have time to do other things ? No impossible while developing the game you dreamed... Actually It's like being an artist.

If some people are interested I made a video about the motivations which finally make me making a video game ( https://youtu.be/-60pdlP1oWQ ). And I can see that I don't really control my way of living to converge to my ideal life style. Everything seams to be out of control ! ^^

In brief, you can chose to pursue your dreams or have a stable life. My ideal life style would be then to have both. ^^

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Currently, just eventually knowing how Clip Studio Paint works, then everything should fall into place.

alianger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 25

Not having GERD I guess

JackGollan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sports near the ocean

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Travel. Write. Learn a new language. Get into photography. Live in a van with the love of my life. Yeah I'm one of those folks.

Life is full of so god damn much beauty and culture and it pains my heart every single day that I have to trudge away at a dead-end job like a worker in a bee hive. The world is so big and we are made to be so small.

thuhang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kanewilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By kanewilliam

Totally Simple Life style no Luxury Items, No iPhone, no advanced Bike, Simple Android Mobile, simple bike! Simple Life style is ideal...!!!

alis_hick9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My ideal lifestyle is when you don’t need to rush anywhere and nothing bothers you. Now, I am a student and a lot of work is constantly falling on me with which I have no strength to cope, although the study is generally interesting. When I have difficulties I turn to services and they help me to have more personal free time. I think everyone, who studies now has a problem with free time, so helping with my work gives me the opportunity to be free as I see it in my ideal lifestyle.

geeelectronica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

repairing computers while living in NYC

Avatar image for enrico_milanesi
enrico_milanesi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By enrico_milanesi

Vita tranquilla e misurata sulla costa, senza troppi rumori.