Which 2022-2023 movies that you're looking forward to watching?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Dear movie viewers in Giant Bomb forums!

The following 2022-2023 films that I'm wanting to watch are:

• Transformers: Rise of the Beasts (Still in production)
  • Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (May release in 2023 or beyond)
  • Fast & Furious 10 (Still in production)
  • Mission: Impossible 7 (Still in production)
  • Top Gun: Maverick

Edit: One of the users corrected it for me.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#2 liquiddragon  Online

Licorice Pizza, tho maybe I’ll be able to see it this year.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By shiftygism

Rogue Squadron never began production and has been delayed indefinitely. Lot of reasons for that...the pandemic, Kathleen Kennedy's mismanagement of the franchise, Patty Jenkins having a full slate...and a notable dud with WW84, also Gina Carano's firing which led to Rangers of the New Republic getting cancelled probably played a factor as it likely would've featured crossover elements and characters.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiftygism: Thank you for correcting me about the Star Wars Rogue Squadron movie's status.

Caperfin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mission: Impossible 7, the copter scene from the last one was epic.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know many hate marvel movies so this is just me stating what i imo wanna see not an invitation to tell me they watched a few and they're all formulaic or whatever. Rant over. XD.

Dr Strange into the multiverse of madness to see the cool visuals yeah i know its passe to just wanna see a movie for cool visuals but i also like art portraits soo...(plus i enjoy a decent story...ranting again XD)

Spiderman looks decent.

Black mask or whatever, the horror movie about abductions looks sick and is by sinister writer i think or something

House of gucci cause it will be talked about and hated cause all the actors looking to get Nominations (i want a fair opinion on it instead of hating it out of some obligation like some DC haters...Rant # 3 aborted.)

Batman of course cause i believe in Harvey...i mean Pattison thou the trailers look dark knight ish in that the trailers are boring and grounded (not my thing since im a crazy marvel over the top guy who likes scraps from the elite who watch "real entertainment" Rant 4

The black acted old western on netflix looks cool and has some favorites on it,

some love romance catfish trending movie my fam wants me to see, it will be cliche but a fun time. Really havent seen a non cliche romance in a while but much like marvel...they can still be entertaining...NOT everything has to be mindblowing...Rant 5

Fast and furious series...fun nuff said.

Some serious movies that im not just watching for easy calories but yeah

Lastly some animation stuff. Jujutsu kaisen 0 since my friend showed me the trailer, and it seems like a good jumping off point to get into the series.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caperfin said:

Mission: Impossible 7, the copter scene from the last one was epic.

Mission: Impossible 6 is one of my favorite movies from 2018.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Uncharted (Sony Movie) I think the casting is very good, Tom Holland as Nathan Drake, and Mark Wahlberg as his mentor Victor Sullivan. That in my mind works, and it means the actors are young enough that even if they go three or four films in it all works. I mean come on, you want to see Mark Wahlberg with a big mustache in the second movie, right?

Mobius (Marvel Universe Movie) I think teh look and feel of teh trailer sis good, I like ist. But, mostly I like that Jared Leto as Michael Morbius mean he won't be Joker again - like ever. Its like I hope this movies is like shaking keys at a baby to grab their attention.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Marvel Universe Movie) Yup, I liked the first movies and where Doctor Strange showed up elsewhere. Another jump fully into his story is great. But, please give us a heaping helping of Benedict Wong playing err...Wong.

Black Panther: Wakanda Fnrever (slightly depressing that British actress Letitia Wright is antivaxxer) I will look forward to this film, but I will miss Chadwick Boseman. With that said I think Lupita Nyong'o was an amazing actress who played Nakia well. So...I REALLY hope...that the story center around the character Nakia. Then again if they plan to turn Nakia into Malace then they won't want to put her out there as the hero of this one.

Death on the Nile (Belgian sleuth Hercule Poirot’s) I like mystery movies and ater last years Knives Out I think we will see a resurgence of classic mysteries in teh cinema. I think teh prior movie Murder on the Orient Express was decent, a bit old fashion, but this somewhat the point.

Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile (I loved this book as a kid) Yeah, it IS a live action feature best on a cartoony book, so sue me. It is about a city-dwelling crocodile who lives in a Victorian brownstone with a family named the Primms. The very fact this is live action and they have Javier Bardem make this interesting.

Black Adam (DC Comics Movie) I know very little about this character, but from what I have heard modern interpretation of hims are as an Anti-hero. That might works well for DC and sit movies, and good for teh actor Dwayne Johnson.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By AV_Gamer

Black Adam. Dwayne Johnson nearly killed himself getting prepared for that role. I want to see if it paid off for him. I guess Mission Impossible 7 for the same reasons. Say what you want about Tom Cruise, but the man risk his life every time he does one of those films with the dangerous stunts. If the new Indiana Jones is still in production, then I would like to see that one as well. And finally, the new Scream movie. I've enjoyed all the Scream films so far, and this latest one seems to be very good as well.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#10 FinalDasa  Moderator

Licorice Pizza, tho maybe I’ll be able to see it this year.

This by a long way. I'll watch pretty much anything Paul Thomas Anderson does and the trailer had me pretty interested.

Marvel has me pretty fatigued, Star Wars is a nonstarter based on how terribly Disney handled that last trilogy, and most blockbuster films just don't excite me.

But that new Batman though, I'm pretty keen on that as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f
deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it's not a film, but Obi Wan is something I'm really looking forward to.