Who else thinks the Dark Knight is overrated?

• 61 results
FilmGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By FilmGuy

Dont get me wrong, I thought it was a really good movie, but I didnt think it was that great overall. I thought the whole two face thing wasnt done very well, to me anyway it seemed kinda contrived and shallow how quickly the two face  change happened. Also the girl who plays rachel was pretty medicre at best, she was better than Katie Holmes by far but theres something about her face I dont like. Maggie Ghelenhal isnt ugly, but her face looks weirdly pig like, I wanted to see her punched in the face.

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Subway

I have to agree, two face was just annoying and the movie dragged on way too long.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BoG

Personally, I thought much of the acting in the beginning of the movie was very poor, and that the plot had many holes and inconsistencies. I enjoyed the film, but I agree, it is quite overrated. I really didn't like it as much as Batman Begins.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Not overrated. Awesome movie. Maggie Gyllenhal is a total fox, YOU should be punched in the face.

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By AlexB

Definitely not worth thousands of fanboys running around screaming TEH B3ST Movi3 3V4R!!!!!!11111`!11111shift!!!!! and slapping Joker Avatars on their websites. It was a good movie though

DanCarmichael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By DanCarmichael

I don't think its overrated. I mean i don't regard it as the best or my favorite movie of all time.

It is however my favorite superhero / comic movie out of all of them.

Nik_NYG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nik_NYG

Nope, not at all.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xxNBxx
FilmGuy said:
"Dont get me wrong, I thought it was a really good movie, but I didnt think it was that great overall. I thought the whole two face thing wasnt done very well, to me anyway it seemed kinda contrived and shallow how quickly the two face  change happened. Also the girl who plays rachel was pretty medicre at best, she was better than Katie Holmes by far but theres something about her face I dont like. Maggie Ghelenhal isnt ugly, but her face looks weirdly pig like, I wanted to see her punched in the face."
At least you won't have to see Maggie in the next movie.   I bet if it was
Fax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fax

I thought it was the best comic book movie ever.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DualReaver

I does! People saying it's the best movie ever are retarded.
Best Superhero movie? Yes
Best Movie? NOOOOOOOOOOOO

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By clubsandwich

I loved it, I don't think that it was overrated at all.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shadow

It was good.  It wasn't second-coming-of-christ-good like people are making it out to be.  I liked Iron Man better *runs*

FilmGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FilmGuy
xxNBxx said:
"FilmGuy said:
"Dont get me wrong, I thought it was a really good movie, but I didnt think it was that great overall. I thought the whole two face thing wasnt done very well, to me anyway it seemed kinda contrived and shallow how quickly the two face  change happened. Also the girl who plays rachel was pretty medicre at best, she was better than Katie Holmes by far but theres something about her face I dont like. Maggie Ghelenhal isnt ugly, but her face looks weirdly pig like, I wanted to see her punched in the face."
At least you won't have to see Maggie in the next movie.   I bet if it was Megan Fox that was in the movie you would have been pulling a Darth Vader when she died   "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO""
Megan Fox is a terrible actress, sure she looks good but looks only get you so far.
FilmGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FilmGuy

Also I didnt like how they faked Gordan's death, it seemed like a total cop out way to bring him back. Also showing Scarecrow at the start just to show a random cameo annoyed me bit, the guy who lays Scarecrow is one of the best actors around and to see him reduced to a cheap cameo role was sad in a way.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HandsomeDead

I'd give it like 9/10, but the way people are acting as if it's the best film ever is ridiculous. There's plenty of flaws with this movie, like with plenty of others, but no one seems to give that any thought.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By clubsandwich
FilmGuy said:
"Also I didnt like how they faked Gordan's death, it seemed like a total cop out way to bring him back. Also showing Scarecrow at the start just to show a random cameo annoyed me bit, the guy who lays Scarecrow is one of the best actors around and to see him reduced to a cheap cameo role was sad in a way."
Yeah Gordon's dead kinda annoyed me.
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17  Edited By giyanks22
FilmGuy said:
The Dark Knight is probably one of the best movies ever. It isn't at all overrated

clubsandwich
said:
"FilmGuy said:
"Also I didnt like how they faked Gordan's death, it seemed like a total cop out way to bring him back. Also showing Scarecrow at the start just to show a random cameo annoyed me bit, the guy who lays Scarecrow is one of the best actors around and to see him reduced to a cheap cameo role was sad in a way."
Yeah Gordon's dead kinda annoyed me."
Scare crow gets laid........?????????
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DualReaver

^^^

:(

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By swamplord666

excellent film? yes. Best film ever? no. there are more engaging films out there.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20  Edited By OGCartman

I dont believe in over-rated, unless if you mean by critics
It deserved the 83 it got on metacritics

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DualReaver
Cartman said:
"I dont believe in over-rated, unless if you mean by critics
It deserved the 83 it got on metacritics"
83 sounds about right.
I think it's more about all the idiots running around thinking it's god's gift to cinema. It's a great movie and far better then most crap that comes out, but it is nowhere near the best.
xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22  Edited By xruntime
DualReaver said:
"Cartman said:
83 sounds about right.
I think it's more about all the idiots running around thinking it's god's gift to cinema. It's a great movie and far better then most crap that comes out, but is nowhere near the best."

Yes. The story was hard to figure out, the chronology / plot needs a lot of fixing. The music was somewhat repetitive - particularly that siren sound that came up every time something was about to happen. The scenes themselves were directed and acted out excellent - that was what made the movie great.
Curfew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Curfew
xruntime said:
"DualReaver said:
"Cartman said:
83 sounds about right.
I think it's more about all the idiots running around thinking it's god's gift to cinema. It's a great movie and far better then most crap that comes out, but is nowhere near the best."

Yes. The story was hard to figure out, the chronology / plot needs a lot of fixing. The music was somewhat repetitive - particularly that siren sound that came up every time something was about to happen. The scenes themselves were directed and acted out excellent - that was what made the movie great.
"
I heard that the siren thing was Jokers theme and they wanted to make like jaws so you know he's coming or something like that.
FilmGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FilmGuy
giyanks22 said:
"FilmGuy said:
The Dark Knight is probably one of the best movies ever. It isn't at all overrated

clubsandwich
said:
"FilmGuy said:
Yeah Gordon's dead kinda annoyed me."
Scare crow gets laid........?????????"
lol I meant plays.
Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Oriental_Jams

It's a great film, but certainly not the best out there. I'd rank it at a similar level to Zodiac.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HandsomeDead
giyanks22 said:
"FilmGuy said:
The Dark Knight is probably one of the best movies ever. It isn't at all overrated"
I wouldn't say it was anywhere near the best movies ever. Best Summer blockbusters and best adapations, probably, but of all the movies ever made, there's plenty better. The real test will be how it holds up once all the batfags have stopped ruining everything with their 'why so serious?' stuff and it can be experienced as its own entity.
mandeponium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mandeponium
Arkthemaniac said:
"Not overrated. Awesome movie. Maggie Gyllenhal is a total fox, YOU should be punched in the face."
Quoted for Truth! I actually typed out instead of putting QFT. That's how much I agree.
Carlos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Carlos

It was an average movie, I thought batman was too short, his voice sucked and that costume was the worse batman costume ever!, the movie was way overrated in my opinion.

Curfew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Curfew
Carlos said:
"It was an average movie, I thought batman was too short, his voice sucked and that costume was the worse batman costume ever!, the movie was way overrated in my opinion."
Worst Batman costume ever? how many batman movies have you seen?
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Arkthemaniac
xruntime said:
"DualReaver said:
"Cartman said:
83 sounds about right.

"
That siren sound was perfect. It perfectly represented the Joker: Always there, ruining your day, and there's nothing you can do about it.
Carlos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Carlos

Yeah... they could probably have done something better with the costume instead of having that huge plastic-looking one, I mean the guy could barely turn with that thing on, a costume should not slow down the hero.

FilmGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FilmGuy
Carlos said:
"Yeah... they could probably have done something better with the costume instead of having that huge plastic-looking one, I mean the guy could barely turn with that thing on, a costume should not slow down the hero."
Would you prefer the costume with the nipples on it?
MEBs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MEBs

This film isn't anywhere near overrated.

-Evan

FilmGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FilmGuy

Do some of you really think the Dark Knight is one of the best movies ever? I know its just your opinion, but I am curious as to why you think it is. I thought it was a very enjoyable hollywood blockbuster with some amazing action and acting wrapped up in a semi intelligent plot. I wouldnt even call if the best film of the year. But thats just my opinion.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By RHCPfan24

Not overrated one bit.  Great movie, great director, great acting, great cinematography, great script, great everything.

MEBs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MEBs

Was has been your favorite film this year, FilmGuy?

I've been pretty disappointed with this summer's flims. The Mummy was half-decent, Hancock was uninspired, and Indiana Jones destroyed the franchise. Iron Man was cool, though. I've seen alot of other, non-action/superhero films this year, but I'm a little brain-fried at the moment. Can't remember them.

-Evan

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By suneku

I think it was rated perfectly, and I judge comic based movies pretty harshly.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DualReaver

As far as 2008 is concerned 'There Will Be Blood' is my favourite.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By adam_grif

It was the best comic book movie made for sure, but not the best movie ever.

The rating it got from rotten tommatoes, putting it up near THE GODFATHER, and above movies like DONNIE DARKO is fucking insulting in my opinion. It's great, but it doesn't even touch greatness like that.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DualReaver
adam_grif said:
"It was the best comic book movie made for sure, but not the best movie ever.

The rating it got from rotten tommatoes, putting it up near THE GODFATHER, and above movies like DONNIE DARKO is fucking insulting in my opinion. It's great, but it doesn't even touch greatness like that."
On IMDB it's beating City of God. >_>
It also has the same score as Godfather and Shawshank Redemption.
FilmGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By FilmGuy
MEBs said:
"  Was has been your favorite film this year, FilmGuy?

I've been pretty disappointed with this summer's flims. The Mummy was half-decent, Hancock was uninspired, and Indiana Jones destroyed the franchise. Iron Man was cool, though. I've seen alot of other, non-action/superhero films this year, but I'm a little brain-fried at the moment. Can't remember them.

-Evan"
In Bruges, Transsiberian, The Bank Job, War Inc, and Midnight meat train are my favorites so far this year.
Curfew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Curfew
DualReaver said:
"As far as 2008 is concerned 'There Will Be Blood' is my favourite."

Wasn't that 2007?
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DualReaver
Curfew said:
"DualReaver said:
"As far as 2008 is concerned 'There Will Be Blood' is my favourite."

Wasn't that 2007?"
I think it came out in January '08.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Arkthemaniac
DualReaver said:
"adam_grif said:

The rating it got from rotten tommatoes, putting it up near THE GODFATHER, and above movies like DONNIE DARKO is fucking insulting in my opinion. It's great, but it doesn't even touch greatness like that."
It also has the same score as Godfather and Shawshank Redemption."
I think it deserves that spot. The Dark Knight's brilliance went beyond Ledger. Everything about it was absolutely spectacular.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DualReaver
Arkthemaniac said:
"DualReaver said:
"adam_grif said:

It also has the same score as Godfather and Shawshank Redemption."
I think it deserves that spot. The Dark Knight's brilliance went beyond Ledger. Everything about it was absolutely spectacular."
I think it was a great movie and all, but I found a few parts of the plot odd and messy and some of the acting to be just "okay".
I also thought the action scenes were poorly done.

Don't get me wrong though I think it is a terrific movie but I put it with movies like 'Fight Club', 'Children of Men', 'No Country for Old Men', 'Se7en' and 'Leon'.
Excellent movies just not perfect.
Curfew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Curfew
adam_grif said:

Donnie Darko? was that the one with the bunny?
MIALER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MIALER_DAEMON

The movie was a mess, batman was barely in it, when he was he wore that dreadful bat suit and hang around the a police station (what's dark and scary about that?) . I think Nolan went to far with doing what he wants.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By adam_grif
Curfew said:
"adam_grif said:

Donnie Darko? was that the one with the bunny?"
DON'T TALK ABOUT FRANK THAT WAY. HE WAS JUST WEARING A BUNNY SUIT.
Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By pirate_republic

It's not the next Godfather, obviously. But it's still very good. Not overrated.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Absurd

I overhyped myself because of the damn internet, otherwise it was good